[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JONTRON STARCADE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14
File: 10outof10.gif (2 MB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
10outof10.gif
2 MB, 500x292
So you guys seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5gMWcl9FU
IT WAS ALL WORTH IT
>>
>episode before this seethreepio says some shit about how jon missed something that was buried
>it wasnt et for the atari
>>
It really wasnt. Jon and Arin arent back together, you can feel the awkwardness between them.

Plus Arins face gives me the absolute shits so it was a shitty ending.
>>
>>320368915
>implying Arin wasn't always a weirdo
>implying that "Search your feelings. You know it to be true." didn't immediately make you think of Edgelordraptor
>implying when he was taking off the mask you didn't feel in your heart it was gonna be him
>implying Arin's face doesn't have a shitty "beard" and 4 chins for a long long time now
And this was actually the funniest Jontron in a long time
>>
>>320369601
>Implying i didn't read the description
>>
>>320368769
I wasn't aware the ET was a Star Wars game
>>
File: tits.png (770 KB, 791x724) Image search: [Google]
tits.png
770 KB, 791x724
>>320367943
Too lazy to watch it all

where do i see more of this tittymonster
>>
>>320368915
I'm just disappointed that we'll never really know why they broke up in the first place, this was the final nail in the coffin.
>Hey guys, look, we're together again, and we're both happy! Just go and forget about all that bullshittery in the past now, thanks :^)
Makes it so much worse when the fanbase is eating it up, thinking this is somehow closure on the incident.
Fuck it, we will never know, they've moved on, the fanbase is content with being kept in the dark, probably should of done this a while ago, but I'm moving the fuck on.
>>
>>320367943
No I haven't seen it, because I'm not 12 anymore.
>>
Overproduced, and whole heartly unfunny.

Why does the comedy always take a plunge when the production value go up? It was the same thing with AVGN. End of an era, at least RLM is there to fill the void.
>>
Of course I haven't. Do you take me for some kind of fuck that watches e-celebs?
>>
>>320370862
This is how most things in history are. There are things in life many people will just have to accept never knowing.
>>
>>320370862
We already know. They weren't having much fun doing the show together any more and you can tell that from the later videos. Jon wanted to move (I believe partially cause of his girlfriend)

It's possible there were arguments but that happens with any people working together
>>
>>320370862
>Fuck it, we will never know,
It's none of your business ya damn gossip
>>
I thought it was going to be either PBG or one of the Continue? guys under Vader's mask.
>>
>>320370992
wow. congratulations.
>>
after enduring 1 year of no content due to starcade and videos being advertisement
why hasnt he already lost most of his subs?
>>
>>320370862
Literally Polaris.
>>
>>320371172
I don't care that "you can tell that from the later videos" I wanted them to tell us why exactly why they separated, a simple "things were't working out anymore", and I would of been happy.
We'll never here it from the horses mouth now, because they've shrugged it off for good, by showing us that they're friends again, that's cool and all, but why did you separate in the first place?
>>320371080 is right, we'll never know, so who cares anymore.
>>
>year of being trapped on Namek
>just for a shitty dance with the worst Grump
>>
>Dunkey was lucas
>>
File: VN3U9hq.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
VN3U9hq.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
This shit had me way happier than it should've.
>>
>>320371589
because he's genuinely a really nice dude who cares about what he makes
yeah lel starcade, yeah sponsored content, but he basically kinda has to do it because of disney.ยด

if there's a dip in quality (inversely proportional to a rise in production value), it's not for the lack of trying
>>
>>320370862
I thought Jontron briefly explained it in that sleepycast episode. Game Grumps became more of a chore and he stopped having fun and wanted to move on to other things. Plus he wasn't on board with Arin pushing for the steam train segment.

Arguments and drama tend to happen when content creators split.
>>
>>320371589
>why hasnt he already lost most of his subs?
You new to Youtube or something?
Check out literally every other Normal Boots game channel, takes months for them to release single videos
no one cares
>>
>>320371589
>losing subs
I'd be too lazy to go out of my way to remove subs.
>>
I like the production value.
>>
>>320368915
>you can feel the awkwardness between them.
They're about as awkward as every white twenty something male talking about video games on the internet
>>
>>320370992
>I'm not 12 anymore

Are you admitting that you were only 12 years old at some point while JonTron was relevant?
>>
>>320371982
Right, I forgot about that.
I'm still not satisfied though, has Arin ever brought it up? maybe that's the issue I'm having. He's never acknowledged it, nor have they done so together.
>>
>>320371684
Nah, just wait for them to get older and famous and wind up on some late night talk show together and be like "Remember that time when we were young on youtube and everybody thought we had that fight? Well, what really happened was..."
>>
>>320371819
I hope it was genuine.
>>
>>320371898
People complaining about sponsored content are the stupidest fucks
Like how much money do you think they make doing these vids? They need the fucking sponsors and everyone does it
>>
>>320369694
et race have a senator in the republic. so et is star wars cannon.
>>
>>320371589
Better honest ad videos than something like what TP did with that Patreon begging

Also, wether he's paid for it or not, Jon is the kind of guy that at least tries
>>
>>320371982
>start marathoning The Completionist
>halfway through the two main dudes split up
>read up that there was a lot of arguing and stuff between the two and it basically ruined their friendship
>feel like a kid in a divorce again
>>
>>320368915
They made up a long time ago, but they don't see each other that much anymore.
No one can hold a grudge for that long.
>>
>>320372427
That's not how it works and it makes no sense anyway since Star Wars is an established movie franchise in the ET movies
>>
They never finished sonic.
>>
>>320371684
I don't think you get how things work. Rarely is it one big event that throws everything out of wack when people break up. It is lots of little things and then they eventually decide nah this ain't working

There wasn't an event, no one got punched, no windows were broken. They weren't getting along and had different plans, one of which meant they were far apart and couldn't work togetehr any more
>>
>>320372580
There's an entire compilation of Dan-era eps that mention Jontron
Like Ross talking about how he met Jon at a con and the two went out for lunch and stuff
and then Ross literally shat himself
>>
File: Brodo_Asogi_Delegation.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Brodo_Asogi_Delegation.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
>>320372621
it's George Lucas were talking about here.
>>
>>320371819
Motherfucking christ does Arin look like shit recently, and I'm talking about the make up.
>Shit facial hair
>Wrinkling up like a prune
>Those fucking blonde streaks
The fuck is wrong with him.
>>
>>320372834
You don't become darth vader without having to deal with some aliens wink wink nudge nudge it's a joke about his wife.
>>
>>320372739
I though that was Arin? I remember watching that episode specifically to witness Arin shitting himself on a fucking live recording. Granted, it was one of those "thought it was fart, it was actually a shotgun of shit" moments, but still. It's pretty humorous to me that's the only Game Grumps episode I've ever watched. I think it was Parodius or something similar.
>>
>>320372698
>It is lots of little things and then they eventually decide nah this ain't working
Yep, I'm completely fine with that, if that's what happened, I just wished they would tell us that themselves.
I don't give a fuck how insignificant it was, I just wan't to know, I wan't to hear it from them.
>>
File: 1415180621264.png (107 KB, 630x569) Image search: [Google]
1415180621264.png
107 KB, 630x569
ROLL CALL
WHO HERE HAS SEEN THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL BEFORE THIS FINAL STARCADE WAS PUBLISHED?

WHO WAS ABLE TO EXPERIENCE THE PAIN FIRST HAND?
>>
>>320372785
>metroids in KI
>they must be in the same universe!!1!
>chain chomps in Zelda
>smae univese confirmed!!
back to game theory with ya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blaX_eMz3Qw
>>
>>320372927
I know. Especially those blonde streaks. Like he did it to "match" her or some bullshit. I just don't want to believe he was so easily broken, as much as I dislike him. No person deserves that.
>>
>>320373005
Maybe he did it too, wouldn't be surprised but the one I was talking about was Ross, they even showed pics of him looking extremely uncomfortable at the con
>>
I really enjoyed it and the twist was great, the raccoon story was stupidly done though

enjoyable/10
>>
>>320371819
>watching game grumps
literal man children.

grow the FUCK up
>>
>>320373025
I hear what you're saying
stuff like that is always awkward to talk about but they owe that shit to their fans
pretty dick move but hey it's been years so whatever
>>
>>320373181
I feel like it was improv.
>>
>>320373032
Nah, saw it on Nostalgia Critic before but thats it
I don't like Star Wars that much anyway, I only watched the movies because Star Wars is literally fcking everywhere
>>
File: 1449474000675.jpg (33 KB, 310x394) Image search: [Google]
1449474000675.jpg
33 KB, 310x394
Literally not video games.

>>>/trash/
>>
I would've liked it more if PBG was vader, even if it wouldn't have given his game grumps fans the same moment

game grumps is shit and always has been
Arin is a faggot and always has been
>>
>>320373025
The most believable thing I heard was that Arin is generally really pushy with projects and kind of a dick with a terrible sense of humor. Jontron wasn't having that shit, the Steam Train being the final straw because Arin basically told Jontron, "Hey we're doing this" with no prior notice. If I actually cared I would've saved these old screencaps that were essentially proof from an inside source. Lemme just summarize, though
>Some guy comes on /v/ and gives a much more protracted and detailed story
>Mentions a few times how he's worked with Arin, but is worried about being "caught" or some shit
>Within in an hour of posting this story to 4chan a flash animator who legit worked with Arin when newgrounds was popular announces on his twitter how it totally wasn't him and to pay the story no mind
>>
>>320373526
>announcing a sage
Literally useless
>announcing a report
Literally against the rules

You know what I must do :^(
>>
>>320373139
Wow. Two members shitting their pants. That's um, impressive.
>>
I actually thought this episode was kind of funny. All the other ones weren't that good though. I don't give a fuck about Arin so whatever on that part.
>>
What's the childrens obsession with "funny" game channels on youtube?
>>
>>320373608
>your shitty thread gets deleted (sauce: the 4 fat pewdiepie threads that already got deleted today)
>nothing will happen to me
Wow, you sure showed me.
>>
>>320373071
Actually, the Metroids in KI are Komaytos. And the Chain Chomp in Zelda happens during a dream.
>>
File: IMG_20151214_000000.jpg (519 KB, 1600x912) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151214_000000.jpg
519 KB, 1600x912
Blah blah reminder that ecelebs are not vidya blah blah quit with the cancer
>>
Don't forget your report.

https://sys.4chan.org/v/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=320367943
>>
>>320372235
I dunno
Are you?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (35 KB, 817x212) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
35 KB, 817x212
>yfw Arin's still been writing Jon's paychecks all this time
>>
>>320373529
But Jon was gonna be a part of steam train.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afr3aO3jtn0
>>
Captain Parakeet was the best moment of the episode 2bh
>>
>>320371769
holy fuck
>>
I SURE DO LOVE THE ALL THE VIDYA DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD XD
>>
>>320373781

>not lego minifigs in front of a lego logo
DELETE THIS
>>
>>320373715
>the 4 fat pewdiepie threads that already got deleted today
You're keeping track? You spend so much time and effort on this? loma
Did your janitor application get rejected?
>>
>>320373765
Koholint was the physical manifestation of the Wind Fish's dream and nightmare. It existed, but it wasn't 'real' per se.
Link's Awakening was the first game to make me cry. I was pretty young at the time and dreams have always been important and meaningful to me. Seeing it all fade away, Marin disappearing. It was just intense. Ballad of the Windfish can still manage to wet my eyes.
I like to think Marin lived on in one of those gulls during the ending sequence. It was HER dream, after all, to see the world beyond Koholint.
>>
>>320373529
>jon is a lazy bastard who has to be constantly pestered if you want him to do any work, but he has very high standards and hates putting out a subpar product
>arin is pushy as fuck, a bit autistic and is happy to churn out a load of mediocre shit as long as there's a constant flow
this is not a good combination as anyone who has experience working with people like this themselves will tell you
It was bound to explode at some point, especially when you consider they were m8s before they worked together and it's always harder to fix professional problems when the other party is a friend
I doubt any particular event caused it, it just went on simmering for too long
>>
>>320373960
But then he wasn't. Obviously there are details I'm missing and forgetting. And even if Steam Train wasn't the actual final nail, that was the most plausible shit I ever read regarding the matter.
>>
>>320367943
So I don't get it. What was the point of doing Starcade if he wasn't gonna do games like X-Wing vs TIE-Fighter, KotoR, or Rogue Squadron/Rogue Leader? Did he do Shadows of the Empire? I feel like he did.
>>
>>320374052
He wasn't. George Lucas was some guy named Piotr Michael. It's in the description.
>>
>>320374248
Yeah, it's funny going back to the very first episode they did, It really does feel like Jon just rocked up at Arins house, he drank a bit, and went "fuck it, let's play some games and record it".
I feel like not much thought went into it at first, but then it blew up.
>>
>>320373876

Fuck no, I'm older than he is.
>>
>>320374571
he does sound a lot like him though
>>
File: BrodoAsogiSenate.png (232 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
BrodoAsogiSenate.png
232 KB, 400x300
>>320369694
Weren't you?
>>
>>320374556
Have you not noticed Jontron mostly does reviews of terrible games and media? It's just easier to be funny when you're being negative about something.
>>
>>320370862
Its fine to most of us that we'll never know. Quit looking for conflict. I'm just happy to see the two of them wlrking together again.

I don't care why they broke up.
I don't care about the inbetween.
I care that they were together again, for a few fleeting seconds.
>>
>>320373283
it was, ross posted an alternate take on instagram and according to some other guy there was 30 mins of unused improv
>>
>>320374842
I'm not a regular viewer.
>>
>>320374928
>I don't care why they broke up.
>I don't care about the inbetween.
>I care that they were together again, for a few fleeting seconds.
That's fine, I do.
I don't wan't a conflict, I just wan't answers, plain and simple.
>>
>>320374982
watch Takeshi's Challenge, California Games and Titenic. literally GOAT jontron.

gamegrumps: watch the very first videos with Jon, of link to the past (there's not many parts), then watch a compilation of Danny's jew stories.

thank you for stopping by, now you literally know all the good stuff there is to know about these people. also Arin made some flash animations in 2007 that were HUGE on the internet, it's what gave him popularity
>>
>>320370862
Jon got bored of Game Grumps, wanted to move to NYC to live with his girlfriend, and wasn't a fan of pushing Steamtrain. There were probably some arguments and some sourness between the two, but it's obviously gone now. I'm sure we'll see Jon on Guest Grumps eventually.
>>
File: 1415005288504.jpg (23 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
1415005288504.jpg
23 KB, 400x324
I'm just glad StarCade is finally over. This shit was just horribly unfunny, although I did appreciate the production values. I don't think I laughed even a single time and I honestly tried every video cause I like JonTron and thought he could bring it back later. He didn't. I learned a lesson about cutting my losses.

>>320374151

If you beat the game without dying, the ending shows that Marin did in fact become a seagull and live on.
>>
>>320374982
Ah. Well the first Starcade also sets the "plot" of the whole thing. Vader requisitions Jon to play ALL the shitty Star Wars games, and yeah, there you go.
>>
This was cute
>>
>>320375273
>that sounds like bullshit but I believe it.jpeg
>>
I honestly got more emotion from the unmasking in this video than from the prequel trilogy.
>>
>>320375152
No. You want drama. You want to sift through negative shit because you thrive on it. Instead of just accepting that it happened, it was fixed, and that things are amicable between them.
>>
>>320372621
Star Wars is a documentary, you dip. Didn't you read the splash text? "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."
>>
>>320375393
The Marin part? Its true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBqkLx4AMrg
>>
>>320375273
>If you beat the game without dying, the ending shows that Marin did in fact become a seagull and live on.
that sounds like one of those bullshit rumors
like being able to play as the master hand in smash bros
or there being a secret cow level in Diablo2
>>
File: 1433813989309.png (437 KB, 1039x887) Image search: [Google]
1433813989309.png
437 KB, 1039x887
>>320374248
>not a good combo

Definitely. I had a very similar conflict while working with some buddies. They wanted to monetize and crank out content whereas I did it for fun and wanted quality content. It boiled over one week and I just left with no prior warning. I was having zero fun and didn't like the direction.

I can understand their lack of info since it's a shitty situation and people can take it personally and feel betrayed if you're friends. It will become water under the bridge eventually though.
>>
>>320375537
Yeah, I literally just got finished watching that after decided to google it. The real tragedy here is that I could've known about For the Frog the Bell Tolls so much sooner, instead of randomly discovering it on /v/ a few years ago.
>We will never get the GBA DX for For the Frog the Bell Tolls
>>
>>320375414
This. I cared more about being spoiled about arin's cameo than kylo killing his father han.
>>
File: Cutie.png (371 KB, 513x539) Image search: [Google]
Cutie.png
371 KB, 513x539
I see some Grumpcade featuring Jon later coming
With THIS and in the food games video with the Not so Grump Jon sticker its basicly saying that somethings coming
Hes probably not going to join Game Grumps main team again because he lives in New York and he also didnt like the mentality of
>Every day is Game Grumps, thats it, just doing the same thing
Anyone who actually beleaves that there was violence is a retard, there might of been mean words thrown around like "This job is really sad Arin, how can you want to do this, you're sad"
>>
>>320377164
>"This job is really sad Arin, how can you want to do this, you're sad"

And then violence happened.
>>
File: birdtastic.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
birdtastic.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Yet I got temp banned for making this post yesterday?
good job mods
>>
>>320375443
Stop being a fag, all I want is answers, I don't know the kind of people you've mingled with to make you think that way, actually, I don't really care.
I just feel disrespected having been a fan of theirs, to be lied to like this, I'm not trying to start shit, I don't really care enough to do that, nor do I know how the fuck I'd even do that, like, the fuck does that even mean?
I just wan't to know why, that's all.
>>
>>320377554
The writing is on the wall, man. They had a disagreement of where the show was going. Jon didn't like the idea of Grumping instead of doing his own show, while Arin probably saw a better alternative to the complete bullshit that was YouTube revenue for animators.

Eventually the Grumps stuff will faulter which is why they made Starbomb, why Ross and Arin are making an animated show pilot, and why Brian has moved close to Dan. They probably realize to fund their other creative efforts, they'll need Grumps first. Jon just decided that focusing the time to Grumps instead of his own show wasn't what he wanted.
>>
>>320377164
>implying Arin didn't abuse and rape Jon
>>
>>320367943
Dance part was cringe
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.