[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why does /v/ hate it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12
File: tits.jpg (52 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
tits.jpg
52 KB, 460x215
so why does /v/ hate it?
>>
>>320366953
its boring
>>
it has memes.
Even though /v/ is nothing but meme spouting retards.
>>
>>320366953
It's /v/ in a video game form
>>
Don't hate it, but it has a whole bunch of flaws that detract from what's a decently fun core concept.
>>
File: betaburch3.0.jpg (3 MB, 4424x3176) Image search: [Google]
betaburch3.0.jpg
3 MB, 4424x3176
>>320366953
Shit writing.
Ruined game balance.
Tedious and boring endgame, not fun at all.
Loads of jew DLC.
Pic related.

tl;dr the first one was better.
>>
/v/ is not one person.
The general consensus on this site though is that it's flawed and has a lot of squandered potential, which I completely agree with after having completed it a handful of times.
I have high hopes for a sequel.
>>
File: tfw legion.png (85 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
tfw legion.png
85 KB, 1162x850
>yfw you will never be anthony burch
>>
>>320366953
I don't hate it.
>>
File: 1256496655112.jpg (3 KB, 126x104) Image search: [Google]
1256496655112.jpg
3 KB, 126x104
>>320367636
>>
>>320367358
First one was better, but the second one was good. The Pre-Sequel was cringe worthy. Story was bland withstupid aussie humor. And BTW every character in that game was aussie. I know it was made by 2k Australia but goddamn... that's just lazy...
>>
>>320366953
It's a really fun game anon!
if you have friends
and you do a challenge run
and you play the fun dlcs tinytina and torgue
and you're ok with easy fps rpg
>>
>>320366953
Its mainly anti-Linux astroturfing at this point.

The D&D campaign was probably the best part of 2.
>>
>>320366953
Personally I dislike most of the enemies are bullet sponges and 80% of the guns are garbage. The memes don't really bother me that much , but there's a fuckton of moments where I have to wait for some NPC to finish talking before I can progress the quest which really gets on my nerves.

I should go back to Borderlands 1 sometime and see how it was before the series became a memefest
>>
>>320372836
P.S. The Pre-Sequel is garbage. The worst story/characters/humor by far and the DLC characters don't hold a candle to Krieg and Gaige
>>
it's mediocre and the writing went to 90% full meme.

its kinda fun with friends in coop.
>>
I really hope they do something with the specials if they make a Borderlands 3. Like give us more options or have some skills that really change up the gameplay, not just static +X to being less terrible at the game.
>>
File: bloody-1920x1080.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bloody-1920x1080.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
It's fucking boring and the target demographic are young teenagers.

But for some reason I loved Tales from the Borderlands
>>
File: 1443802660787.jpg (29 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1443802660787.jpg
29 KB, 648x648
>>320366953
>writing was terrible
>boring story
>inconsistent loot system
>needlessly repetitive
>inconsistent world

Controls were okay. That's about it. 5/10.
>>
>>320373593
So you thought it was ok? Or are you giving it a 5/10 because you are american and think that 5/10 means bad?
>>
Still better than destiny
>>
File: memelands.jpg (801 KB, 1776x1408) Image search: [Google]
memelands.jpg
801 KB, 1776x1408
strangely enough, i really liek borderlands, but i understand why someone would dislike it, especially /v/
>>
>>320369341
it was not the story itself, the npcs were utter shit

pretty much 80% of the npcs you encounter are complete annoying shit in the pre-sequel
>>
>>320367358
damm man, that changes in story that guys suggests would improve the game by an great margin without actually changing that much stuff

beautifull
>>
>>320377409
I feel like the Pre-Sequel went out of it's way to annoy you. From the space dyke who never shut up about being a space dyke, to the annoying race track kid, that little shit Pickles, the british conquerer guy and so many others. They weren't funny, they weren't likeable, they were just fucking annoying.
>>
>>320366953
It wasn't as good as the first game, and had too much DLC.

But that may be because I played the first one on console and had people to play it with.
>>
>>320369341

>wooow why is this Mad Max inspired game filled with Australians wtf???
>>
File: Always-Be-On-The-Phone.jpg (44 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Always-Be-On-The-Phone.jpg
44 KB, 425x282
>>320367636
>>
>>320366953
we are furious that Anthony Burch has a better life than us
>>
1 > P-S > 2

we ignored the stories and did only one playthrough each, so can't tell about the grind
>>
Not even really the memes; the humour was so bloody terrible and unbearable
>>
>>320377409
Is the Claptrap DLC good?
>>
>>320366953

I could live with bad writing, but bad writing that's both self indulgent and disruptive is something else all together.

There were so many instances where I just wanted to turn in/progress some dumb throw away quest, only to be left standing at the next trigger, unable to proceed until all the characters were done rattling off 15 minutes "quirky" lines.

The fist game had it's fair share of bad dialog, too, but it never got in the way of the game. It was always brief enough that you could continue playing the game the way it was meant to be played; as a mindless FPS loot fest.
>>
>>320366953
shit fps mechanics
shit game design
shit level design
completely arbitrary player/enemy level system
it's what you get when a random bunch of amateurs implement completely random "i think this would be cool" ideas.
>>
>>320378547
its actually quite awesome, best dlc in borderlands, looot is really good
>>
File: a wizard has turned you into.jpg (234 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a wizard has turned you into.jpg
234 KB, 1920x1080
>>320367636
>>
>>320377801
they tried to be too funny, also theres a lot of quests that you cant proceed without waititng the characters finish talking.
>>
>>320378703

>fps mechanics

Point and shoot too much?
>>
>>320366953
I'm enjoying the fuck out of 450 Anarchy Stack Gaige. Fuck you all
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 562x437
>>320367358
>>
Why is Gaige so fun?
>>
File: BL2-Gaige-Head-Gaige.png (215 KB, 590x377) Image search: [Google]
BL2-Gaige-Head-Gaige.png
215 KB, 590x377
>Favorite game
Borderlands 2 > Tales from the Borderlands > Borderlands: The pre-sequel > Borderlands

>Favorite playable character
Borderlands: Mordecai
Borderlands 2: Gaige
Borderlands: The pre-sequel: Wilhelm

>Favorite characters
Handsome Jack
Tiny Tina
Rhys
Athena
Torgue

Your turn /v/.
>>
File: 1411715640670.jpg (59 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1411715640670.jpg
59 KB, 366x380
>>320367636
>you will never be Ashley Burch
>>
>>320366953
It's literally Slag: the game. You HAVE to use slag. Other elements lose its relevance once you play on higher difficulty. Slag, switch, shoot. That's the whole game.

>>320379270
She's different from others, especially when playing Anarchy Gaige. Other class have to worry about things like accuracy and reload speed. Anarchy Gaige can just blast everything in front of her with 400% damage bonus and homing bullets.
>>
>>320379809
>It's literally Slag: the game. You HAVE to use slag. Other elements lose its relevance once you play on higher difficulty. Slag, switch, shoot. That's the whole game

May I add that the first 2 runs of the game are Ridiculously unchallenging and uvhm Is a legendary weapons grinding game because all green and about 80% of blue weapons become obsolete,the game becomes unchallenging again once you get optimal build on a character,but It becomes pretty cookie cutter then.
>>
>>320380297
>>320379809
>Replaying a game twice with the same character instead of moving on or playing with another one
Fucking senpais.
>>
The gameplay gets stale after a while.

Balance is terrible going into higher "difficulties," and all that really mean is that bosses have higher HP percentage and hit harder (meaning Axton gets the shaft halfway through NG+ and is outright unplayable further on because WHY DOESN'T HIS TURRET SCALE WITH HIS DAMAGE/SHIELDS, JESUS FUCK).

Slag is an outright necessity in the highest "difficulty" meaning that any potential build MUST incorporate slag into it (meaning either the Grog-Nozzle or the Magic Missile is glued to your bar at all times), which ties into the previous point.

Maya is a terrible "support" whose one-trick pony is being a decent sniper compared to the ACTUAL ingame Sniper (trading damage for...ressurecting a motherfucker on the other side of the map? OK that's legit).

Raid bosses are STILL about abusing map geography and glitches, but rather than actually fix it, they joke about it (apparent in the tropical paradise headhunter dialogue).

Memes are barely noticeable ingame and are far from the worst part of the game compared to actual, mechanical and coding flaws. Borderlands 2's only saving grace is Handsome Jack.
>>
>>320366953
The first half of the game is a huge piece of shit and sucks a bag of dicks in the mouth and it's stupid and I hate it

memes

otherwise its k
>>
>>320366953
Meh story
No replayability, with the game forcing you to replay it shitload of times
Shitty mmo tier loot
Meh DLCs
>>
I played through the main game once which was fun and alone worth the £7 or so I paid for everything, activated TVHM and used a save editor to generate a new class with the same stats and gear as my main character.

Even then I was bored of repeating the game and I only did it once before that. I stopped as soon as the DLC was available to go to. I don't know why you're expected to play through the game on normal then play through it again in TVHM to play a different class. Fuck that. Recycling is not content.

Tiny tina and torgue dlc are worth playing but I went to scarlett and it's fucking miserable so I stopped playing.
>>
>Shit scaling
That by itself makes it bad, but there's even more that makes it worse.
Awful story, shitty legendary droprates/only drops from certain NPCs. DLC out of the ass and memes/references.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.