[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> IT department at work throws christmas party > asks me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: 48941237465.jpg (153 KB, 1414x728) Image search: [Google]
48941237465.jpg
153 KB, 1414x728
> IT department at work throws christmas party
> asks me to host some vidya gaems

Lots of drunk casuals will be there.
Thought about Rock Band and You Don't Know Jack so far.

Any more ideas?
>>
>>320362782
Melee
Fox only
No items
Final destination
>>
>>320362782
Rock Band is always the answer for gigantic get together party type thing.
>>
>>320362825
> melee
95% of the guys there have probably never held a controller their entire life.
>>
Mario kart
>>
>>320362882
>>320362782
Rock Band is a really solid option, I'd say it's a winner for professional almost every time.

Game & Wario is full of simple little minigames that make it really easy for random guests to pass on and off. My personal favourite, as long as you think the crowd would be receptive in the first place.

Probably not Mario Kart. That shit never ends well.
>>
Did anyone ever play Octodad on local multiplayer? Is It fun?
>>
Take some requests bitch.
>>
Smash, Rockband , Halo, Rocket League
>>
>>320365689
> requests from 40 y/o fathers that only know "lego star wars" on their wii
>>
File: 1396824975447.jpg (11 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
1396824975447.jpg
11 KB, 240x320
>>320362782
Smash Bros?
Sonic All Star racing?
Weaboo panty simulator 5?
>>
>people saying set up melee for a bunch of casuals

its like some of you have never left your house your entire lives.
>>
Bomberman
Can't go wrong with Bomberman.
>>
Nidhogg.
Easy to learn and play, everyone will be terrible and games will be short and entertaining.
>>
Literally any New Super Mario Bros
>>
Any shooter. The skill level will be the same for everyone. Extremely easy to grasp the basics. Is a stress reliever and you can play in teams.
>>
Gang Beasts?
>>
Arcana Heart 3 Love Max
>>
8 player sm4sh exists for this very thing
>>
House of the dead: Overkill
Castle crashers (things like guardian heroes might be too advanced)
Mortal kombat 9 (fuck 10)
Guitar hero 3 or Live. Rock band works as well.
>>
not a party without cheggar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-GSMV-iKtE
>>
>>320370634
sorry but that's too complex for normans bro. there can't be a shred of fucking complexity whatsoever, the games need to be mario party tier otherwise you won't hold anyones attention.
human beings these days have zero attention span thanks to technology.
>>
>>320370936
>mortal kombat
Come on bro it still a fighting game, even if it is a simpler fighting game, its nothing i would let turbo casuals play.
>>
I brought an N64 to a house party once
Even though it was full of casuals and I rekt them at every game people were still havin fun

We played Mario Kart, SMB and Lylat Wars
>>
>>320371024
euro shovelware is something else
>>
>>320362782
Wii Sports
Mario Kart
FIFA
Rock Band.
>>
>>320368782
>>320370492
>>320370820
these
>>
>>320371030
>human beings these days have zero attention span thanks to technology.
literally this.
Was considering Castle Crashers but then I remembered some of the bossfights like that stupid corn on the cob.
>>
>>320371090

Add a casual fighting game to that like smash 4 and youre set.
>>
>>320362782
It needs to be a game you can pick up and play and preferably it needs to support at least 4 players at a time. That's why stuff like Rockband is perfect. As long as you keep those factors in mind you should do good.
>>
You can't go wrong with Nintendo games at a party.

Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Mario Party are obvious picks.
>>
any tekken game

it's one of the few fighting games you can have fun with without knowing anything about it or the genre
>>
>>320371272
Mario Party is way too long for that sort of party. People want to take a 10 minute go and then call it quits. Nobody wants to drop in and be in last place because the last person to play sucks.

I'm thinking that Rocket League might be a good choice.
>>
>>320371032
Trust me. Even if the spam that noob saibot up down telepoting shit it will be fun for them
>>
>>320371305
Until someone picks eddi and trashes the other scrubs.

Or until someone who knows how to play the game is there and trashes all the button mashers.
>>
play pokemon snap
>>
>>320371390
if we're talking about a bunch of middle aged businessmen, I doubt either option is likely
>>
>>320371386
>expecting casuals to be able to do special moves or even know about their existance

Dude the "specials in fighters are too hard" meme is actually real.
Everything that goes above smash tier one button inputs is way above normies.
Trust me i have seen it often enough.
>>
File: header.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
>>320371525
>middle aged businessmen
>>320371585
>Everything that goes above smash tier one button inputs is way above normies.
>>320371270
> pick up and play

All of this. It won't always be the same 4 people playing, lots of people will come, join in and leave.

Google also spat out Hidden in Plain Sight, is it any good?
>>
>>320371886
Well how many games do you even want to set up?

As long as the videogames are not the main attraction of the party, i doubt you need all that many.

Also if theres a Wii, i would go with smash and mario kart, casuals absolutely love mario kart.
>>
>>320371154
>wanting a game where it takes 3 minutes to kill basic enemies at a party
>>
>>320372053
About 2-3.
I've got an xbox 360 + Beamer where I'll probably host Rock Band.
Other room will be a big tv with some windows PC hooked to it. That's where I still need some ideas.
>>
What you need is party games that are easy to play, hard to master.

Maybe get a Wii emulator and do mario kart wii?

Crash team racing on a PS2 emulator?

Bomberman as someone suggested I WON!

And Rocket League.
>>
>>320362782
We drunk played Affordable Space Adventures on WiiU with two friends recently, it was pretty fun
Even watchers would have fun, since you can mock the players doing stupid things and provide opinions on what to do
>>
>>320371585
>i have seen it often
Specials in mk are easy to do. None of my friends are good at sf, tekken or vf and they can easily do most specials in mk + jump/crouch/uppercut shit.
>>
>>320372597
Your friends are people that are into videogames and at least have some experience.

Just assume its people who never really played vidya like most normies.
Or worse, normie grills.
>>
>>320372597
>>320372756
I have an older sister (38) who is just as casual as described.
Studies law and pretty smart in general but zero vidya experience.
I made her play trine once, using gamepad.
Watched her try hopping on one fucking box, either missing by jumping over it or jumping on it followed by running off it again in the tutorial for five minutes until I lost my shit.
>>
Set up a Crazy Taxi high-score tournament.
Competitors take turns to get the highest score (just set it up like a Pinball tournament), everyone has fun and the winner makes some CRAZY MONEY.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.