[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the pc relevant on /v/ around the start of the 360 and PS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 5472x3648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 5472x3648
Was the pc relevant on /v/ around the start of the 360 and PS3 era

I vaguely remember people having 360s or wii shitting on the PS3 but can't remember anything on the PC like it didn't exist

Oldfags only please I know some of you just want to spew bias against a side you hate
>>
half-life 2
world of warcraft
>>
valve's orange box became hot topic in 2007 nigga
>>
Crysis was a meme.
>>
yes, /v/ was created in 2004 and pc games were discussed on it
doom 3 and half life 2 came out that year

there is a picture of rocks, somewhere
the rocks have all kinds of graphical filters applied over them to look like they're from various games
the doom 3 one was, of course, just a black image
that was from that time
>>
>>320363431
Hl2 was 2004

Wow is a mmo

>>320363608

Multiplat
>>
>>320363807

The PS3 and 360 era started from 2006

The 360 pooped on most pcs at a cheap price
>>
File: chk_jschl.jpg (674 KB, 2005x2403) Image search: [Google]
chk_jschl.jpg
674 KB, 2005x2403
>>320363807
referring to this
but less crowded, like only the top left four, and then it expanded over time for a while

>>320363954
pc was relevant on /v/ before the release of the consoles
pc continued to be relevant on /v/ after the release of the consoles
>>
>>320362656

There was hardly a difference, except PS/360 faggots were a lot deeper into their brand loyalty and thus console wars.

Everyone knew PC is better but nobody would admit it
Nintendo fags were off in their own world like always.

Nothing has changed except memes, back then we had pretty good ones and a new one came around every month or two which was very entertaining.

Now we just have shit memes forced down newfag throats and the biggest "no fun allowed" policy ever.
Also, mods are a lot fucking gayer.
>>
>>320364076

Man people actually put clever effort into their stuff back then

Now it's just regurgitated wojak and Pepe falseflagging
>>
>>320363431
WoW was 'relevant' but posting it on /v/ at that time would get your ass banned faster than posting ponyshit does now.
>>
PC nerds only started coming out of the woodwork in the past 5 years or so.

"Gaming" on PC is the biggest meme and is being forced hard.
>>
>>320364553
Doesn't help that most original content these days is flagged as "hello reddit."
>>
>>320367806
it's probably the advent of the SATA drive.
back in the IDE days, it was a pain in the fucking ass to switch out mobo and hard drives.
and hard drives were giant hunks of metal and expensive and low capacity.
now you can have 2 TB of space for 60$ and just plug it in.

the better technology gets, the more sensational and superficial everything gets.
>>
>SoF2
>CSS
>Wow
>Oblivion
>Company of Heroes
>Guild Wars 1
>Civ 4
>Hitman Blood Money

2k4-2k6 were the golden years. There were no console exclusives that were better than pc games. Most console threads were straight up console wars. And it was great.

Now it all just settled down into shilling shitfests. 90% of the threads are either

>Gamers gate
>Never ever
>Smash
>And now Undertale shills

I don't own a high end PC anymore and went with a PS4. Sorry senpai
>>
>>320362656
It was really relevant with some of the most popular titles of that gen being exclusive.

The 360 and the PS3 were actually really fucking powerful for console hardware when released if compared to video cards at the time. If you wanted a modem day equivalent I'd honestly say that they would be like if the PS4/Xbone had around a 780ti + console opitmazation

Unfortunately, consoles this gen have shit hardware and even a fucking 750ti is better than they are if you don't take into account console optimization.

I fully expect this gen to be a lot shorter because of it.
>>
>>320368671
This.

It was very hard to get into PC gaming because of the costs now people even with integrated graphics you can play games even games just a gen older.
But this opened flood gates so it's only shitposting now between PC and consoles.
>>
>>320364292
>Nintendo fags were off in their own world like always.
I kinda envy them in a way.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.