[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So its pretty obvious Inklings are saved for Smash 5, but seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Consider The Following Peach.png (166 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Consider The Following Peach.png
166 KB, 400x400
So its pretty obvious Inklings are saved for Smash 5, but seriously, who do they have left?

Ridley would be a major show stopper, but that's about it. Maybe a real Ganon or K Rool would make for hype, but not a ton.
>>
File: GokuGT1.jpg (74 KB, 475x394) Image search: [Google]
GokuGT1.jpg
74 KB, 475x394
the shoe in of course
>>
File: Isa_Jo.png (797 KB, 982x1184) Image search: [Google]
Isa_Jo.png
797 KB, 982x1184
Saki Amamiya or Isa Jo would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>320362316
I will never understand why anyone wants Goku

Its on par with saying Superman for smash
>>
>>320362539

Long overdue
>>
Donald Trump
>>
>>320362627
Because they are too popular. I also heard people request Mr. Clean before, and that was crazy.
>>
>>320362256
>So its pretty obvious Inklings are saved for Smash 5
I hope they're in Smash 5 and honestly, if anything, they should've taken Corrin's place and could potentially be way more mechanically interesting than Corrin ever was.

I'm honestly expecting Ridley since Sakurai goes back on his word like all the time. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wonder Red, Ryu Hayabusa, or even Master Chief either.

>>320362539
As much as I want this to happen, it probably never will since S&P is so niche and Sakurai has a bias for popular and iconic franchises.
>>
To be fair, all the big hype for Smash 4 was relegated to the third party characters already. So it probably will be, again.
>>
5mash newcomers

Wonder Red
Wonder Blue
Gen 7 Pokemon
Waluigi
Captain Rainbow
Banjo and Kazooie
Simon Belmont
Inklings
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Isaac

Wolf and Snake return
>>
File: 1450058571026.jpg (64 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
1450058571026.jpg
64 KB, 500x525
Elma for Smash!
>Sliding Slinger for side special; fall off ledges to your death like Little Mac but on the ground with guns instead of in the air with fists
>Artes that focus on positioning and have flashy animations that lend themselves well to Smash \
>uses two guns and two blades at a time; could have a mechanic based on swapping between them to increase the power of special moves for that weapon, meaning managing 'cooldowns' like in XBX is a mechanic in Smash
>is a cutie from a Nintendo franchise that's making it's strides and deserves a rep
>>
>>320363136
Goku as the first non video game character
>>
>>320362627
superman would be pretty good
>>
>>320363136

ice climbers return as well
>>
>>320363136
Goemon
Conker
Chrono
Starman
Ridley
Samurai Goroh
Andross
Impa
Tetra
Koopa Troopa
Female Pokemon Trainer
Goku
>>
>>320362627
>Smash 64
>First game in the series - a series that's all about including popular Nintendo characters that are recognized around the world
>Ness is an unlockable, setting the first precedent for characters who might be considered 'obscure'
>Melee
>Marth and Roy as unlockables, setting the precedent for Japan-only games; Sakurai was unsure about including Japan-only characters at first
>Brawl
>Sonic and Snake, the first third-parties to enter the fray. Sakurai however rules out characters such as Mii's as he doesn't think they fit into Smash. He also rules out oversaturating the game with third-parties, suggesting that each third party will get one character max
>Sm4sh
>Mii's get in despite his saying they don't fit into the series. The game is saturated to fuck with third-parties once you count downloadables, third-parties get more than one representative, and they put motherfucking Cloud into the game
>Smash 5
>First anime character
It's a slippery slope but fuck, i can see it
>>
>>320362539
Will the N64 be considered retro enough for Saki to actually get in? He'd be a natural fit.
>>
A lot of the Mii costumes would be right for smash if you're going off K. Rool and Inklings. Black Knight, Ashley, Flying Man, Isabelle, even Viridi and Toad.

Pokemon would obviously have a new rep by then. Toad's Treasure Tracker might make it. Spear Waddle Dee might make it for the sake of that. We could have a Yarn rep. W101 might be a thing if it stays relevant. XCX will definitely get a rep. Sukapon has been requested for a while. So have Saki Aymaka, Ray01, and Isaac. Wolf could come back. Dillon's Rolling Western would be a nice addition. Rhythm heaven still needs a rep. Hyrule Warriors has a couple of notable reps worth putting in. I think Bravely Default was published by Nintendo. Fossil Fighters would make a cool stand character.

We still have Nintendo indie stuff that we need. Smash 5 would make a big name for Shantae/Patty (who's still getting nintendo games)

We've got a bit of leeway here considering the jump from 35 to 51 was really just because Shiek and ZSS got separated while we got a bunch of veterans back.
>>
>>320364059
>saturated as fuck with 3rd parties
>out of 7 downloadables, 3 total are 3rd parties
>out of the base game of 50 characters, 3 are 3rd parties, and one is just sonic
>6 characters out of 58 is oversaturated
>>
File: 1.png (464 KB, 596x744) Image search: [Google]
1.png
464 KB, 596x744
Why is it that Metroid has been in every smash game so far, yet her husband Halo hasn't even been in one, not even as an assist trophy?
>>
Inkling
Captain Toad
Takamaru
New Pokemon
Mach Rider
Vaati
Rhythm Heaven rep
New DK rep
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.