[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do western developers censor their own games so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: pillars.jpg (367 KB, 1665x1053) Image search: [Google]
pillars.jpg
367 KB, 1665x1053
Why do western developers censor their own games so much?
>>
Because Obsidian is shit.
>>
>>320358431
to cater to an audience that wont buy their game
>>
>>320358431
the fuck am I looking at?

What it's the problem?
>>
>>320360734
OP is triggered as easy as SJW itself
>>
File: 11168446.jpg (995 KB, 1970x1326) Image search: [Google]
11168446.jpg
995 KB, 1970x1326
>>320358431
We USSR comrade.
Anything that don't fit the party agenda is banned and its creators sent to gulag.
>>
>>320358431
You can visibly see the cancer killing vidya in that image. Makes you wish you had the power to just kill these people.
>>
>>320358431
Except Obsidian actually wasn't going to remove it, but the backer requested it got removed to save all the trouble.

They then replaced it with a gravestone mocking overreacting SJWs.

Of course, /v/ doesn't know that because they just want to get outraged at something.
>>
>>320360810
Come closer, I'd like some salt on my fries
>>
>>320361773
Sure ;)
>>
>>320361773
Obsidian ASKED him if he wanted to change it

The question shouldn't have even been asked.

Firedorn was a cuck about this, but he was just trying to be nice to a company he likes.
>>
>>320361773
I like that the new phrase was just as good as the first
>>
>>320361918
This is the new one

"Here lies Firedorn, a bard, a poet
He was also a card, but most didn't know it
A poem he wrote in jest was misread
They asked for blood, so now he's just dead"
>>
If this type of "censorship" actually offends you then you are a legitimate retard.
>>
>>320362090
Spotted the tranny
>>
At least they aren't cancelling localizations like eastern devs are
>>
In 100 years we will look back and wonder why we were mutilating the genitals of our mentally ill.
>>
>>320362241
In 100 years you'll just swap bodies.
>>
>>320362241
No, in 100 years we'll all be fat, androgynous freaks.
>>
Because they think that because these people know/talk about their games, they're potential buyers.
They haven't realized this isn't so
>>
>>320362787
Anyone following WoW's development knows following what the vocal minority says is a really bad idea
>>
>>320358431
They're greedy cowards, just like their non-goyim masters.
>>
>>320360734
backers got to submit tombstone inscriptions. Someone made a joke about a guy getting drunk and banging a dude and then killing himself

The internet exploded
>>
>>320358431
To be fair the backer changed it to make fun of the people who got upset.
>>
>>320358431
I would probably kill myself too if I fucked a tranny by accident desu.
>>
>>320362090
It doesn't offend me, it makes me angry that people pander to the mentally ill.
>>
>>320358431
I find it funny with all these americans calling us swedes "cucks" but I can't think of a single swedish game developer that have censored or changed their games because of SJWs except maybe DICE, but they are owned by EA. Paradox for example doesn't do that shit. Hotline Miami is a nother swedish game that can hardly be called SJW. It's always americans or canadian cucks doing it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.