[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do I kill this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 24 damage backstabs.jpg (93 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
24 damage backstabs.jpg
93 KB, 600x338
How the fuck do I kill this guy?
>>
figure out his parry timing and he's a breeze
>>
>>320358103
Parry. Better than backstabs. Also, equip a dagger or anything with high critical bonus. I think it's fixed damage, or in any case much better than what you'd do with a weapon with low crit bonus.
>>
>>320358103
Equip the git gud ring.
>>
>>320358103
just have him follow you up the stairs and to the entrance from the Undead Burg side. Now just throw Firebombs and/or spells from the entry way. He'll eventually back off but you just need to trigger his agro again. Rinse and repeat. I always kill him this way whenever i start a new playthrough.
>>
SUMMON, FAGGOT
>>
>>320358103
I stood outside the door behind him and shot him to death.
>>
Can't stop the Rock, sorry OP.
>>
>>320358103
exploit him in the doorway of course
>>
Try Critical Attacks
>>
>>320358103
Kill him from the doorway. He's piss easy to kill. No technical bullshit.
>>
>>320358103
parry his ass like a man and earn your fucking ring
>>
File: latest.png (4 KB, 80x90) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
4 KB, 80x90
with this
>>
Circle around him and roll before his strikes. Follow up your rolls with attacks. Repeat.

Kinda like.... A lot of enemies in dark souls....?
>>
Kill the taurus demon, then get the sword from the dragon's tail, parry/backstab him so he dies to death.
>>
>>320358103
By giving him a stone cold stunner.
>>
>>320359003
Parrying in DS1 is quite easy, because parrying has no wind up frames, and you can just hit the button at the last moment before you get flattened by a giant fucking stone club. I never felt the need to use the specialized parrying shields or the dagger in the first game.
>>
>>320358103
>go to blighttown
>get poison mist spell
>go to darkroot basin
>open door to tower
>blow poison mist into door way
>wait til he dies

If you didn't start as a pyromancer then you'll also have to kill the capra demon and save the pyromancer from the depths.
>>
>>320358576
>I always kill him this way whenever i start a new playthrough.

Wow, you must really suck at this game.
>>
>>320359324
Or you can just throw shit to get enemies toxic. Even better than poison.
>>
>>320359472
Or that.
>>
>>320358103
roll backstab into him all the time
it's not hard
just make sure you are fast rolling
>>
OP here, im only level 9 and I bought this game today.

Most of the posts seem to be as if he's meant to be fought later in the game. Should I come back later? Is he even worth killing? Or is it like that Armoured Axe guy in the Central Yharnam (Bloodborne only "souls" game I've played) who was guarding absolutely nothing.

Backstabbing with my Scrimtar I got him to about 20% health, but it took a super long time and I always screw up and get hit which is always an insta kill.

While we're here, how does Estus work? I know I get 5 everytime I touch the Bonfire, but one time I had 6. Was there a reason for that? Did the game realise I was terrible and gave me a helping hand?
>>
>>320359952
>he's meant to be fought later in the game.
Sort of. But nothing prevents you from killing him in the very beginning as long as you don't make mistakes and get hit.
>Is he even worth killing?
Most definitely.
>I know I get 5 everytime I touch the Bonfire, but one time I had 6. Was there a reason for that?
You get 5 at regular bonfires, 10 at kindled ones. And when another player online kindles the bonfire you last rested at, you get one extra Estus flask charge.
>>
>>320359952
He drops a ring that boosts your carry weght, nothing amazing until you get competitive

You get 5 estus from most bonfires, but 10 from any bonfire with a keeper and from any you burn a humanity at, plus you gain one any time someone rates one of your orange soapstone messages
>>
>>320359952
leave the thread.

And keep going into the game as blind as possible, don't spoil the experience for yourself.
>>
>>320359952
Come back late if you're struggling. He drops a pretty good ring.
>>
>>320359952
>Most of the posts seem to be as if he's meant to be fought later in the game. Should I come back later?
No. You can kill the moment you get to him if you cheese it like this anon>>320358576 and this one>>320358789

Since you're and not used to parrying, this might be the best course of action.

While we're here, how does Estus work? I know I get 5 everytime I touch the Bonfire, but one time I had 6.
Other online players Kindling their bonfires in the same area can cause an orange "soul" to be absorbed, granting you an extra estus flask. But it's temporary. You need Fire Keeper souls after obtaining the Rite of Kindling to feed the bonfire and permanently increase flask usage
>>
>>320359952
you can kindle the bonfire to give more estus, 1st bonfire at the firelink is already kindled. Heavel is good to learn parrying but you can ignore him.
>>
>>320360489
>You need Fire Keeper souls after obtaining the Rite of Kindling to feed the bonfire and permanently increase flask usage
You're mixing things up, anon.
Souls boost the amount of health a flask use restores. And you can't increase the number of charges permanently. It depends entirely on the state of the bonfire you rested at. Although, of course, you can potentially kindle every single bonfire in the game to maximum, and their kindled status persists in NG+ and beyond.
>>
>>320360694
My bad. it's been awhile since I've played.
>>
>>320358103
acquire skill, become proficient, and most importantly git gud
>>
>Unequip heavy armor and have estus with you.
>Walk up the stairs a bit and have him follow you.
>When he's nearly at the top drop down and he'll fall down with you but he'll take more fall damage than you.
>Repeat until he is dead and swig an estus if need be.
>>
File: GITGUD.jpg (150 KB, 636x1083) Image search: [Google]
GITGUD.jpg
150 KB, 636x1083
>>320358581
>Summoning for any reason on a first playthrough
>>
I BEAT HIM

Dark Soul's version of Bolt Paper more than doubled my damage and I backstabbed him to death. Ring seems useless for me at the moment, but seeing as I only have 2 I equiped it anyway.

I also found the actual boss........kinda embarressed I missed that. He was a cakewalk.

Before I progress into what I assume is the next area, if I chose the Master Key as my gift (only one that seemed at all worthwhile) was buying the Undead Burg House Key a mistake? I cant find anything to open which I didnt already.

There was also a door which I presumed was a shortcut ("does not open from this side") but I never found the other side.
>>
>>320361238
that shortcut is for a later area so don't worry about that yet
>>
>>320361238
Havel's ring is never useless.
Unlike in Bloodborne, your equipment weight affects your movement and dodging.
Master Key doesn't open all the doors in the game, the House Key is not a waste.
Yes, "does not open from this side" doors are shortcuts, and "locked" doors can be opened with a key. You'll find the "other side" in due time.
>>
>>320361238
I think I also backstabbed him a million times.

That ring is useful as fuck, I think I used it for 90% of the game.

Don't worry about the area behind him.

Have fun, brother. And remember this very important tip: When you see an area with lava on it, get ready to suffer.
>>
You can make him kill himself with fall damage
>>
>>320361238
Like everyone else is saying, Havel's ring is pretty awesome since it'll help you with weight management considerably. It's a great reward for killing that noob killer.
>>
>>
>>320360165
>havels ring isn't amazing until you get competitive
Fuck outta here fampai, havels ring basically gives you a free midroll AT LEAST, no matter what armor set you're wearing. It's amazing if you're just playing through the game normally, and don't want to fatroll in Elite Knight or other similar sets with low END
>>
File: Jekel and Hyde.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Jekel and Hyde.jpg
67 KB, 1280x720
What are their names again?
>>
>>320364153
Stabby & Smash
>>
>>320359128
the shields, daggers and barehand parries just give you more time to parry which is basically only necessary if you want to weapon swap in PvP. personally I also prefer medium shields because the motion is just faster.
>>
>>320364153
Biggie and Smalls
>>
>>320358576
wow
>>
File: 1318930721058.png (486 KB, 962x722) Image search: [Google]
1318930721058.png
486 KB, 962x722
>>
>>320364659
I-I just wanna be a ringwraith, plz no bully havel
>>
>>320364153
Hammersmith, Apollo.
>>
>>320363675
>scrub ass uses havel ring
>>
>>320358103
git a better weapon
>>
>>320364939
>using havels ring makes you a scrub
Nice meme
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.