[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 5 voted characters for the US Smash Bros poll >1. Goku
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1450198248359.png (635 KB, 519x537) Image search: [Google]
1450198248359.png
635 KB, 519x537
Top 5 voted characters for the US Smash Bros poll
>1. Goku
>2. Banjo-Kazooie
>3. Reggie
>4. Master Chief
>5. Bayonetta
THIS is why Bayonetta is in. Mileage/character choices may vary but you know for a fact that the top 4 were some combination of super retarded choices that never had a chance
>>
>>320353452
Banjo-Kazooie makes sense. Goku, Reggie, and Master Chief are just dumb. The thing is with Banjoo-Kazooie you run into the same problems that you would with Master Chief is Microsoft probably wouldn't go for it.
>>
>>320353706
Phil Spencer said a while back that they would have no problem allowing Banjo and Kazooie into Smash
>>
>>320353452
Snake probably had more votes but Konami wouldn't allow it because they want to kill him off for good.
>>
>>320353452
Source?
>>
>>320353818
Well then they probably just thought Bayo was the easy one cause she's already Nintendo exclusive so they just said fuck it put her in
>>
I think it was Europe's votes that really sealed the deal. It was probably an overwhelming margin and seeing as how she was at least also on the West's results they figured it would please the most people. Maybe the West's top 5, bar Bayonetta, weren't even placing that high on European and Eastern results
>>
>Goku

Fucking memelords.
>>
>>320353452
Yeah source?
>>
>>320353818
That's probably just some false flag ass shit from Spencer so people would be mad at Nintendo when it never happened. Remember that shit with Burger King presenting the idea of the "McWhopper" for world peace day? BK and McDonalds both knew that shit would never pan out properly, but because BK acted all cool with it, when McDonalds turned it down they looked like the dickheads.
>>
>>320353452
>Banjo-Kazooie retarded choice
>Literally a DuckHunt clone

Sounds about right.
>>
>>320353902
>>320354224
I'm pretty sure OP is just using these characters as examples to make a point about retarded voters. I don't think it's the actual poll choices
>>
>>320353452
>people vote for anime, memes, and franchises owned by companies that would probably never work with Nintendo
>people get upset when all those choices lose

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>320354161
He's been in more video games than anyone else listed there.
I don't think Goku should be in Smash, but that's why they think he should be.
>>
>>320354415
Cloud was the face of Nintendo's competition. Banjo Kazoozie was a Nintendo excluvise most people loved, and MS doesn't care if he shows up in Smash.
>>
Replace BK with Sora and you'd have a better point, OP. Of course we'll never see those results so we can never know.

Really I wouldn't even be questioning the wording of "unrealizable characters" if the broadcast hadn't previously proven how little of a fuck Sakurai gives when it comes to what he wants.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1445334836156.jpg (14 KB, 480x200) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1445334836156.jpg
14 KB, 480x200
>>320353452
>Goku
Makes zero sense since its a giant crossover of game characters connected to Nintendo.
>Banjo and kazooie
Microshit owns them it can never happen just like Chief.
>Reggie
Could of worked but seems like it could have been awful and not in a good way.
>Snake
Lol Konami
>Cloud
Idk wtf happened here, character is a remnant of an era where Square screwed Nintendo for compact disc. Relations must have recovered a lot since then. Really odd character choice either way.
>>
Let's not beat around the bush, all three of the newcomers are generic humans because those are the easiest to make
>>
>>320354948
Why? Banjo Kazooie were never going to make it either way. I don't see what replacing them with Sora would change
>>
>>320355767
Sora would require dealing with Disney, I think that alone puts it a rung higher on the difficulty ladder.

I doubt any of us really have an in-depth knowledge of how the legal proceedings of these things go down, but I doubt getting Banjo would be a task so difficult it could be deemed impossible.
>>
>>320355089
Cloud has actually made 2 appearances on Nintendo handhelds (Kingdom Hearts CoM and Re:Coded) which would have given him the chance to be connected with Nintendo in some way.
>>
>>320356193
Though there are more legal hoops to jump through, I would like to imagine Nintendo and Disney are on better terms than Nintendo and Microsoft. Microsoft would probably make acquiring the rights a living hell, even if they claim they like the idea. See
>>320353818
>>320354278
>>
>>320356490
I would think that as well but they did allow Minecraft onto the Wii U so who even knows what's going on behind the scenes
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.