[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo and Square, please give us Geno.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: 200px-Geno_SMRPG (1).gif (23 KB, 200x325) Image search: [Google]
200px-Geno_SMRPG (1).gif
23 KB, 200x325
What the hell is thinking Nintendo about Super Smash Bros? Why they didn't give us Geno as a new fighter? Only Bayonetta? F**k you Nintendo!
>>
I don't think anyone these days even knows who geno is
>>
>>320352626
How the flying shitfucks is it Nintendo's fault that Geno isn't popular and that SE hates him? Anything to shit on Nintendo. I was happy to have him as a costume, to think he had a shot as a fighter makes you 100% mentally retarded.

Hell, SE didn't even let Nintendo use more than 2 songs for the Midgar stage, you think they're going to give them a second full character?
>>
>>320354635
That irrelevant because nobody knows who half the characters are anyway.
>>
>>320355004
Maybe if you live in a cave. Or don't play videogames. Is it because their games weren't sold in your homeland?
>>
Be lucky your meme sidekick from a decades old spinoff RPG one-shot got any formal recognition at all
>>
>>320355136
not many people had the original nes
>>
>MUH IRRELEVANT NOSTALGIA CHARACTERS ARE BETTER THAN YOUR RELEVANT NEW CHARACTERS!
That's what I read.
>>
>>320355361
Nintendo sold 61.9 million NES units worldwide: They sold 49.10 million SNES units worldwide. I'd say more people owned an NES than could have even played SMRPG.
>>
File: original.gif (823 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
823 KB, 640x360
>>320352626

Am I the only one that always thought that his nose was his mouth?
>>
>>320355004
Mario rpg was never released in europe
>>
>>320355439
>fire emblem characters
>relevant before smash
pick 1 gayboy
>>
>>320355439
>I'M A HUGE FAGGOT WHO USES CUM INSTEAD OF MILK WITH MY CEREAL
That's what I read.
>>
>>320355815
Is it bad I thought his nose was actually a beak until I zoomed in?
>>
Skull kidfag here, just want to congrulate you guys since back in the day before smash came out we were all in the samee boat, glad you could now re-join us in the mii costume boat.
>>
>>320355136
No, because most people have never heard of the more obscure Nintendo characters. In the first game most people didn't even know who Captain Falcon and Ness were. In Melee, most people didn't know who the Ice Climbers, Marth, and Roy were. In Brawl, most people did not know the Kid Icarus characters. So whether or not people know Geno doesn't matter since they're always including obscure characters in the games.
>>
File: 1305750194311.png (3 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1305750194311.png
3 KB, 210x230
>>320354815
>to think he had a shot as a fighter makes you 100% mentally retarded

>mfw fucking cloud got in before geno
>>
>>320352626
Be real you're fucking lucky that he is a Mii costume.
>>
At least this points out that Geno is still somewhat alive
>>
>>320356207
>In the first game most people didn't even know who Captain Falcon and Ness were. In Melee, most people didn't know who the Ice Climbers, Marth, and Roy were. In Brawl, most people did not know the Kid Icarus characters
No, YOU didn't know who they were. THe only ones who were unknown to the west were Marth and Roy because their games were not released here yet.

>didn't know Ness, Captain Falcon, or Pit
Jesus, were you born after 2005?

>>320356317
Genofag since Brawl's Japan Time here. Even I knew that if an SE character got in ever, it would be an FF or DQ character, most likely a popular one like Black Mage or Cloud. I just never thought it would happen because, as the music selection on Midgar shows, Se is a bunch of human shit.
>>
>>320356207
Did you notice anything about all those characters you listed in your post? Something they all have in common that Geno does not share with them?

The answer is they're all main characters of IPs owned by Nintendo, not mediocre side characters owned by a 3rd party
>>
File: 1444505253235.jpg (103 KB, 564x428) Image search: [Google]
1444505253235.jpg
103 KB, 564x428
>>320352626
>F**k you Nintendo
Hey buddy I think you got the wrong site, Reddit's two blocks down
>>
Why would they put in a character from a game never released in Europe?
>>
>>320352626
Nice false flag OP.
>>
File: mario tipping.png (144 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
mario tipping.png
144 KB, 358x358
>>320352626
TOTALLY not a false flag
>>
>Skull Kid? Assist Trophy!
>Geno? Costume for a character that can't even be used online!
>K Rool? Same shit.
>Ashley? Same shit.
>Zero? SAME. SHIT.
>ISAAC! WONDER RED! PRETTY WOMAN!@#$@
But hey, let's get another fucking Fire Emblem character in on this shit. I half-expected Corrin to be another Marth clone.
I'm honestly surprised there's no fucking Ridley costume.
>>
The only circumstance in which I would want to see Geno in Smash is if Nintendo somehow reacquired the rights, spun him off into his series, and THEN added him.

I'm not really sure if Nintendo or Square give much of a fuck about what happens to him after this, though.
>>
>>320358873

The Miis were too small to fit in the costume properly.
>>
The mere fact that they acknowledged Geno at all surprised me.
>>
>>320357610
They eventually released it on the Wii Virtual Console at least.
>>
>>320359753
Why is the rights situation so complicated, Why does square still hold onn to them even after square and nintendo made games after SMRPG
>>
File: Imfine.png (89 KB, 201x202) Image search: [Google]
Imfine.png
89 KB, 201x202
>no assist trophy
>no trophy
>no costume
>2 songs which are bad
>no smash run enemies

Suffering
>>
>>320361628
Iwata's last words were "Man, FUCK Camerottu!"
>>
>>320356481
I knew who all those characters were, I'm talking about the many more people who didn't because most people just know Nintendo's most popular franchises, ya dingus. People who aren't fans of Nintendo yet they really like Smash Bros. because they can play as the characters they do know.
>>
>>320361848

I'd believe it

>11 sports games for Nintendo
>3 Golden Sun
>nothing else

What did they do wrong? Clearly something.
>>
>>320361359
No clue, Square must have just stipulated in their contract that they got to keep everything original that they made. I doubt Nintendo ever saw much point in trying to get the rights to those things given that, ultimately, they're all pretty unimportant.
>>
>>320352626
> thanks to our relationship with square enix

Lol. Nintendo are little bitches
>>
>>320362156
>ultimately, they're all pretty unimportant.
Because of the circumstances that effected history, not because of the game itself. If Nintendo had all the rights, we'd probably see Croco in NSMBU instead of rabbit, little things like that.
>>
>>320352626
You got more than you deserved
>>
>>320362340
Stay mad Deefag.
>but he was relevant ;_;
Relevancy is irrelevant.
>>
>>320352626
Am I the only one who when playing the game thought the yellow part of his hat was his eyes and it was some half mask like an executioner's mask, with the orange thing being his nose?
>>
Is there going to be a cheaper, GOTY smash with all dlc characters?
>>
>>320362315
Ehhh, I'm not so sure about that. Even in the cases of things they do own they don't always utilize things like that. They seem to much prefer just sticking to core things made by EAD specifically for the mainline Mario games.

Not like we ever see Popple showing up to steal Items in NSMB or Vivian lending Mario a hand in 3D World.
>>
>>320352626
What is so special about Geno?
>>
>>320362589
They through Goomba King in 2 EAD DS games.
>>
>>320362671
I guess, but that seems like a one-off case. I still don't think there's enough evidence to say definitively that they would use those characters if they owned them.

Maybe they would get more cameos like Geno did in M&L, but I doubt there would be much more to it than that.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-15-15-00-30.png (779 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-15-15-00-30.png
779 KB, 1920x1080
Why play as Geno, when you can be Geno!

You see! It's better...right?...
>>
>>320358873
The thing is, the FE character has a super cool moveset and apparntly is pretty popular in japan, it might even be a ballot winner there.

Skull kid would be my dream character but a assist trophy was a pretty fair way to respct th fans of thee characters because he honestly doesn't deserve thee slot, AND we got Majora's Mask as a costume.

I don't think it's accidental that he, geno, k rool, and ashley all got costumes.
>>
>>320363732
I've been playing as Geno gunner all night/morning. I'm pleased as punch.
>>
>>320364351
Yeah, as salty as i was when the costume was announced, im just happy he got some representation at all.

Good thing i actually like playing as the Mii Gunner!
>>
>>320358873
>I half-expected Corrin to be another Marth clone.
did you fucking watch the direct?
>>
>>320365050
It occurs over a period of time, you don't inject it into your eyes and then have all knowledge of it.
>>
>>320365050
I did, and he is nothing like Marth.
>>
>>320358873
The thing that hurts the most about this is that it proves that Isaac was just straight up fucking removed. Same with Ray MK II.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.