[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SO IS THIS SHIT STILL POSSIBLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: silent-hills-logo.jpg (16 KB, 640x325) Image search: [Google]
silent-hills-logo.jpg
16 KB, 640x325
SO IS THIS SHIT STILL POSSIBLE
>>
>>320350693
Under another name maybe. Silent Hill is propriety of Konami 5ever.
>>
No.
>>
Not exactly.

Konami still owns the brand, so at best you'll get "spiritual successor."
>>
>>320350693
>Silent Hills
Fuck no. Konami is not going to let anyone else touch their IPs.
>>
Only if Konami decides selling the IP would be a better yield than Silent Hill pachinko machines.
>>
>>320350693
definitely possible under a new name. the PT had almost nothing to do with Silent Hill.
>>
Can anyone fill me in on what happened?
I missed out on everything when this was out and only saw a YT video of the demo.
Looked like the most amazing horror game I've ever seen, the exact type of thing I wish video games tried before. But that was only a demo and now I keep hearing this will never be finished.
Why? Why would they make something so amazing and not follow through?
>>
>>320352454
P.T. was not necessarily an accurate representation of what Silent Hills would be like. It was a marketing gimmick to hype up the game in an interesting way while proving the team's horror credentials.

It was cancelled because of Kojima leaving and Konami nuking its video game division. P.T. was erased because it was a teaser for a game that would never be, attached to someone Konami hates.
>>
i guess he could do something similar under a different name.
>>
>>320350820
>>320350904
>Under another name maybe.
I'd be hyped for playing Quiet Knoll.
>>
>>320352605
What do you mean by marketing gimmick? The demo was fully functional wasn't it? That doesn't make any sense.

And I didn't even know Kojimbo was the one making the game.
Funnily enough, upon googling, I found this in a change.org petition to make Kojima work on silent hills again.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/24/silent-hills-kojima-del-toro-still-plan-to-work-on-new-project
>>
>>320353078
I mean that P.T. was not representative of Silent Hills. It had limited interactivity and was designed to seem like a high-end indie game. Kojima even mentioned how there was very little interactivity and it was basically a walking simulator like modern horror indie games. He implied he did this to make it seem like it was indie, implying Silent Hills would not be like that.

For all we know Silent Hills might have been intended to be third person like previous entries.

My point with all this is that P.T. was not a demo, but a seperate, free product that was intended to hype another game.
>>
>>320353302
>For all we know Silent Hills might have been intended to be third person like previous entries.
I always wondered what kind of backlash that would bring from people who were just expecting more P.T.
>>
>>320350693
its owned by konami you dipshit
>>
>>320353302
pretty much this
anyone who thought that silent hills was gonna be like PT was retarded
>>
File: 1244479725364.png (10 KB, 191x234) Image search: [Google]
1244479725364.png
10 KB, 191x234
>Not-Silent Hills could still happen
>>
>>320352814
Made me laugh senpai desu.
>>
>>320350693
no
>>
>>320354816
It wasn't going to be like PT, it was going to be even crazier. Shitting brick houses
>>
My hope is that he'll take whatever they had planned for Silent Hills and make it into a new IP (with Del Toro, Reedus, and Ito still involved). Not having to follow the Silent Hill franchise's lore and established rules would free them up to be more creative, anyway. It could happen depending on how passionate he was about the project. If he was only doing it because Konami wanted him to then I doubt he'll ever return to it.
>>
Not as Silent Hills since it's locked in the eternal hell known as Konami.

Placid Mountains is still totally on the table.
>>
People keep ignoring that the actual Silent Hills trailer that came out after P.T. was cheesy as fuck. I'm not sure why everyone's so optimistic.
>>
>>320356005
Horror games in general haven't seen much emphasis outside of the indie circuit for a while.

Then along came P.T. and people saw Kojima, Del Toro, and Ito as a sort of superstar dream team, ready to combine their efforts and show that psychological horror still had a worthy place among the higher-ups.
>>
>>320356328
No the trailer sucked ass, it was a one hit wonder fucking short interactive video with jump scares. Fucking fanboys I swear
>>
>>320356426
The fuck are you talking about? The trailer for Silent Hills was just Norman Reedus walking down a street. There was never anything else.
>>
Real question, why do you even want a new silent hill? What story is there to be told in the same fucking town? It's just not scary anymore. It's always the same formula: Person has demons and goes into foggy town. Meets with crazy people. Participates in clunky combat and lame puzzles han solo is killed by his son kylo ren.

Personally, I'm not mad or anything, but it just seems dumb to want more of that. What are you really expecting to come of this series any more?
>>
>>320356005
It was just digital Norman Reedus walking through empty city streets. How was it cheesy? There was literally no substance to it because it was just an announcement teaser. If you're talking about the "Dad was such a drag" clip, that was still part of PT. It wasn't from Silent Hills.
>>
>>320356559
http://youtu.be/gY91vV0rWr4

Looks like you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>320356716
I hope you die a slow, painful death all alone.
>>
>>320355789
>>
>>320356716
my sides
>>
>>320356716

This. Silent Hill is long since dead. Why does it have to even be called Silent Hill? Just let Kojima make a fucking horror game with his own ideas instead of dragging out the fucking corpse of a town. Hasn't it been raped to death enough?

I know Kojima could do a great job, but he can do an even better job if he just makes his own fucking horror title.
>>
>>320357030
That's a concept video. It is not interactive, and there were no jump scares.
>>
>>320356716
here's your (you) dumb anime poster
silent hills by kojima would be GOAT
>>
>>320356716
Audiences are more likely to cling to a recognized name.

Honestly, I'd prefer a proper spiritual successor that deals with psychological horror and characterization in a fresh setting, but the wait for that is a long one when developers are afraid to throw money at a new IP.
>>
>>320357347
I'm not >>320356559, I'm >>320356005. And you're ignoring the point where there WAS a silent hills trailer and it was cheesy shit that didn't bode well.
>>
>>320356716
I want one because Rey is Luke's daughter. You could say it's nostalgia but whatever.
>>
>>320350693
Everything is possible in the wonderous and whimsical world of pachinko machines...
>>
>>320356716
I'm not expecting shit since the jews at Konami won't sell the IP anyway.
>>
>>320355536
I think Kojima and Del Toro at least seemed really enthusiastic about the idea. They've always wanted to work together, and Del Toro has repeatedly expressed despair regarding its cancellation. Perhaps, with Sony, they'll have the chance.

Of course, the big "but" that most people forget is scheduling. Games are big projects that take a long time, and three quarters of the names first signed to the game have other jobs besides videogames. Add to the fact that we don't really know Sony's financial situation right now. The PS4 is selling well, but the rest of the company is taking. It's entirely possible that Kojima still won't have the budget available to do what he really wants to do.
>>
>>320350693
What a retard.

>kojimadrones actually think it's possible for kojima to make ZoE, Silent Hill or MGS games
>>
>>320350693
Tranquil Mounds?
>>
>>320350693
Calm Slopes?
>>
>>320350693
Silenced Hillside?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.