[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My favorite thing about Smash was seeing old/obscure Nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2qiwzOE.png (305 KB, 972x455) Image search: [Google]
2qiwzOE.png
305 KB, 972x455
My favorite thing about Smash was seeing old/obscure Nintendo shit reimagined. Stuff like the Zelda 2 temple, Pit in Brawl, Duck Hunt, Captain Falcon, Game & Watch, etc.

So while I'm happy with the roster for the most part, I feel like I'm kinda done being hyped over Smash Bros. Cloud was neat, but I just feel like it's just for the newest and coolest characters (which makes sense!), and nobody who I want who isn't already in will ever make it in.
>>
>>320348048
Smash is an advertisement now, hence Bayonetta.

I'm not mad because at least we got a Wrecking Crew stage and Xenoblade got some rep. But I'm waiting for Nintendo to pull out the stops and remind people why we're supposed to be excited about these franchises again.
>>
>>320348048
Sorry OP, you're too old now.

/v/ thinks "old, obscure Nintendo shit" means "Gameboy Advance and Gamecube".
>>
>>320349069
>hence Bayonetta

Bayonetta is an old game now. They're not trying to create sales with the character. You're an idiot.
>>
>>320349248
Yeah, I know. I'm not bitter or anything, since I guess it's more important that kids get enjoyment out of this stuff than me. I woulda just preferred more even representation, or at least a more fleshed out single player.

Looking back, it was kind of ridiculous for me to get so invested in something like this. Like, when Sakurai started showing all the numbers and shit, like 58 playable characters, etc, it just kinda put it all in perspective. Game is pretty big and full of content, I just think I've outgrown it and become a little jaded.
>>
OP, what site is that?
>>
>>320349248
>/v/ thinks "old, obscure Nintendo shit" means "Gameboy Advance and Gamecube".
So what's the N64 and S/NES?

Oh wait, they weren't alive then.
>>
>>320348048
DLC characters are necessarily the newest or most popular characters because each needs to sell enough copies or advertise for a new game in order to be worth putting in. The obscure stuff is put in the main releases where there's enough other stuff to guarantee sales, and they can add whatever for the sake of padding the roster. Since the last DLC characters were announced today, the next reveals will be for Smash 5 (whenever that starts development), and will have more of the quirky/oddball picks.
>>
>>320350540
I'm not so sure even. We'll probably get stuff like the Inkling, but if characters like King K. Rool aren't in now, I really don't feel positive about their chances in the future.

If anything they'll spend a lot of time trying to put most of this roster back in the next game.
>>
>>320350672
Well, every previous main smash game has had several odd characters:

Smash 64 had Ness and Falcon.
Melee had Ice Climbers and G&W.
Brawl had ROB and Pit (before KI uprising).
And 4 had Duck Hunt, Little Mac, and WFT (not to mention Pac and Mega man if you count old but not obscure things, and the Koopalings if you count alt costumes).

I don't really see any reason why that tradition being would be broken in Smash 5; the trend seems to be picking up if anything.
>>
>>320351862
Mac isn't that odd, but I'll give you WFT and Duck Hunt.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.