[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be a banjofag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1072x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1072x886
>as a yougin' you get one great game and one pretty good game that's dragged down by how bloated it is
>Still, lots of innovation in 2 compared to 1, seems like Rare has big plans to keep raising the bar

>Internally the games creator cares fuck all about the timeless elements and just wants to get the third game over with, even if it means doing a shit remake
>no one else on the Banjo team would dare pull that over their fanbase, so eventually he just decides to take this block/car idea he scribbled on a legal pad in a druken stupor one day and with it effectively remove whatever made Banjo fans get hooked to begin with

>Years later this will be hailed as "genius" and "criminally underrated"

>to "fix" this, Half the team from the original banjo makes an exact remake of the first game, sans the innovation of the second, or any copyrighted materials. Because, "you guys were missing collecting virtual items right? That's what you missed the most!"

>Follow nine month rumor hype train about Banjo Threeie up until E3 2015
>turns out to be just Gregg Mayles fucking about with pirates or something

>Follow six month ruse about Banjo being in Smash up until today
>Absoloutely nothing

And the legend continues
>>
>>320343481
You did this to yourself, OP
>>
yooka-laylee
spiritual successor and that is coming out
>>
>>
File: 1419143175945.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1419143175945.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1422
Being a Rare fan in general is suffering nowadays.

Rare Replay seems nice but i have no reason to own an xbone and probably never will unless a new Banjo comes along. Shit i'd even take a new Viva Pinata, that would make me buy a new xbone right away.
>>
n64 rarekids are the most insufferable kids around

the last good rare game was killer instinct 2, or maybe that pinata game on the xbox.
>>
>SPENCER WANTED BANJO IN
>BANJO WAS WORKED ON FOR MELEE
>BANJO IS GOING TO GET IN!!!!
>SCREENCAP THIS

I wish I did. Get BTFO. I love Banjo Kazoie as well and voted them, but the reasoning to be sure they got in was dumb as fuck.

I also voted Bayonetta, but I didn't think she'd make it in because of sex.
>>
>like thing
>thing 2 is great
>thing franchise progressively turns to shit
>dumb nerds still care for some reason

Riveting.
>>
>>320343481
>Follow nine month rumor hype train about Banjo Threeie up until E3 2015
>Follow six month ruse about Banjo being in Smash up until today

people like you deserve to be disappointed
>>
>>320344210
I know. I have only myself to blame for delusion
>>
File: salt_full.jpg (214 KB, 800x512) Image search: [Google]
salt_full.jpg
214 KB, 800x512
>>
>Half the team from the original Banjo
>Literally jut like 3 artists/animators and 1 actually important guy
When will this meme die?
>>
>>320344873
Fine, like 25%. The point I'm framing is that yeah, not much of the team is there but OOP FROM THE MAKERS OF BANJO KAZOOIE ITS GOTTA BE PERFECT
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.webm (337 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.webm
337 KB, 500x500
>tfw desperately want SoT to be good
>tfw it'll probably be just like Viva Pinata and be amazing but nobody will buy it because it's a "kiddy game"
>>
>>320345063
Viva Pinata was for hard motherfuckers.

All the gritty shootan shit coming out around the same time totally stole the spotlight from it. Trouble In Paradise is probably one of my favorite games from last gen.
>>
>>320343996
They made Blast Corps Anon. You'd better step the fuck off
>>
File: This is for whirlm1.jpg (56 KB, 599x406) Image search: [Google]
This is for whirlm1.jpg
56 KB, 599x406
>>320345063
>Be poor as fuck
>Really want to buy Oblivion
>Not enough money
>Only game I can afford is fucking Viva Pinata
>Buy it
>mfw it's a fucking eugenics simulator
>Stay up for 14 hours straight playing it
>>
>>320345247
TiP that good? I feel dumb for starting just VP, since I heard TiP is like the base game + an expansion.
>>
>>320345770
Trouble in Paradise is objectively the better game, its just more of the first game with some improvements and literally no drawbacks but play both if you want.

Both games are criminally underrated and its a damn fucking shame they didn't take off. I have a feeling if they were released today people would have had a different response.
>>
File: Future collection on a CBR.jpg (43 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
Future collection on a CBR.jpg
43 KB, 499x499
>>320346349
>I have a feeling if they were released today people would have had a different response.
You mean like 90% of the games MS funded within the life of the Original Xbox?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.