[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you deal with gamer rage /v/? I've gone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 20
File: rage.gif (3 MB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
3 MB, 350x249
How the fuck do you deal with gamer rage /v/?

I've gone through two mouses just this month and I'm genuinely surprised my laptop is still working after the number of times my fist slamming down on my desk has sent it hopping a few inches in the air.

Which game made you rage the hardest? For me it's currently Mount & Blade: Prophesy of Pendor mod. I just start raging uncontrollably during tournaments or whenever I experience anything that I consider bullshit.

I just get so frustrated and angry, I can't be the only one. Did/does anyone else experience this and if so how do you cope?

I need help, this shit is going to end up costing me if it continues going on unchecked.
>>
>>320341931
I don't rage because I'm not an autistic manchild

quit gettin mad at video games
>>
>>320341931
Maybe you should grow up
>>
File: 1445817837336.gif (1 MB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
1445817837336.gif
1 MB, 500x506
>>320341931
bumping with relaxing dancing

also failed to mention I've bruised my right hand by literally pulverizing my last mouse under it. I can't use the mouse properly now.
>>
When a game makes me upset, I turn it off and go do something else.
>>
>>320341931
>>320342259
seek psychiatric help
>>
>>320342240

I have a job, I take night classes, go out, have my own place, except for this one thing I'm a normal guy.

Wat do?
>>
>>320341931

I just question why I'm even mad, and it goes away almost immediatley.

There's really no reason to be mad. You're going to be able to play the game no matter what.

If you find yourself getting mad at everything, just take a break from that game for a while. It feels great to return with a fresh mind.
>>
>>320341931
>>320341931
"Be like a rocky promontory against which the restless surf continually pounds; it stands fast while the churning sea is lulled to sleep at its feet. I hear you say, "How unlucky that this should happen to me!" Not at all! Say instead, "How lucky that I am not broken by what has happened and am not afraid of what is about to happen. The same blow might have struck anyone, but not many would have absorbed it without capitulation or complaint." (IV. 49, trans. Hicks)

tl;dr: Adopt stoicism or buddhism
>>
>>320341931
stop being a retard
>>
>>320342394
get psychiatric help you fucking moron
get off 4chan for starters
>>
>>320342358
Oh come on, don't act like gamer rage isn't a thing among twentysomethings.
>>
>>320342504
Maybe if they're babies.
>>
Simply don't get mad?

Like, take a break nigga, don't break your stuff.
>>
>>320342504

It's not acceptable behavior. It doesn't matter how many other manchildren you claim do it.
>>
>>320342607
happens to the best of us anon
>>
I usually just tear off three pairs of pants I'm wearing and then punch my girlfriend in the face.
>>
I'm not a fucking neanderthal who gets mad at meaningless competition that puts absolutely nothing of value on the line.
>>
>>320342737
xD
>>
>>320341931
Just think of the consequences for being angry. Don't let your emotions get the best of you and just accept that you've lost at something and move on. That's how I do it really.
>>
>>320342716
>It's not acceptable behavior
You're absolutely right, that's why I'm not making a thread about how we should all circlejerk to how great it is.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 490x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 490x600
>>320341931
A wise man once said: Will this game matter in a year? Will this actually impact my life in a meaningful way?
Never raged again after that
>perspective
>can your sense mind handle it?
>>
File: shantae green.gif (816 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
shantae green.gif
816 KB, 500x343
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4EP14YaW_o
>>
>>320341931
By not being an autistic manchild that gets disproportionately angry at things?

I've failed the same part of something 50 times in a row and not destroyed anything. Maybe you should grow up.

>Which game made you rage the hardest.
Ooh, this is hard.
Trackmania, when you're about to beat your record and you fuck up right before the finish.
Screwing up for the 150th time in Touhou 15.
Attempting Veni Vidi Vici in VVVVVV for over an hour and not making it because I suck.
Getting 78% in IIDX.
Getting 69% in SDVX.
Similarly, fucking up a Full Combo run in any music game at the last note.
Playing CS:GO, holding an angle, and the millisecond you unscope some guy comes around the corner and one-shots you.

I've never destroyed anything through these experiences.

Oh, I'd back up your data if I were you, slamming your hard drive that hard is going to break it sooner or later
>>
File: 40089.jpg (59 KB, 266x383) Image search: [Google]
40089.jpg
59 KB, 266x383
>>320341931
cigs desu senpai
>>
I see no reason to take out my anger on objects OP. If I break them I gotta pay money to replace them, and that's money that could be put to better use somewhere else. Like on sluts and booze.
>>
Anger is unhealthy so calm down
>>
>>320343026
Here's the thing though:

I quit smoking 3 years ago
>>
>>320341931

My games never make me angry

they're really fun, and never stressful

Find games that provide a pleasing experience, not a stressful one. Don't torture yourself
>>
>>320341931
Black face and ladies clothes!

Become a sista'!
>>
>>320341931
Punched a hole in the wall, then I patched it. Then I punched through the patch work.
>>
>>320343010
>slamming your hard drive that hard is going to break it sooner or later
I absolutely agree, precisely why I'm genuinely surprised this laptop is still working.
>>
>>320341931
Find a new hobby. People forget that video games are meant for entertainment and they clearly aren't entertaining you.... and you should grow the fuck up.
>>
>>320341931
you should actually just kill yourself
been playing video games for 20 years never once threw, smashed, or broke a controller, mouse or screen. I know it is solely because I'm not retarded. you must be.
>>
>>320343026
I fucking loved smoking for this reason. Too bad I quit that shit. I could go for a big ass cigar sometime this holiday though
>>
>>320341931
I bought these things, why would I take out my anger on them? Go slaughter some hapless bandits ingame or something.
>>
>>320341931
I have to be high before I play street fighter or else I'll break shit. I have no problems getting fucked in any other game though.
>>
File: jbug_phone_promo1[1].jpg (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
jbug_phone_promo1[1].jpg
11 KB, 220x220
>>320343167
maybe it's time to start up again, goddamn senpai

or start smokin dat good kush kukukukukukuk
>>
I miss the days when monitor screens were thick hard glass and punching them fucked up your hand.
>>
>>320343167
All the really bitch people did.

The heroine tablets the government is currently selling is much better for you though. Better stick with that.
>>
For me it's all about self-control. When you want to smash things, you just decide not to. Or grasp your mouse, grasp it REAL hard.
>>
>>320341931
In a competitive environment with no need for voice chat, I tend to listen to music through some continuous playlist thing like Pandora.
>>
File: 1447969943869.jpg (30 KB, 771x681) Image search: [Google]
1447969943869.jpg
30 KB, 771x681
>>320341931
I only remember raging twice in recent memory. And both were the last swinging blades in Sen's Fortress.
>>
>>320341931
Yes, let me explain:

First, you start experiencing these fits of rage you talk about.
Then, this goes on for some time, and it gets worse.
Later, you get a job, you start paying for your own shit.
And finally, you stop BASHING THINGS LIKE A FUCKING ORANGUTAN BECAUSE NOW YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THEY ARE WORTH.

So, your problem has a very concise solution: get out from your mother's basement.
>>
>>320343648
Yeah listening to calming music during fast paced competitive games helps a lot. I listen to Sinatra and the like in ranked usually.
>>
File: 1450232948089.jpg (56 KB, 367x432) Image search: [Google]
1450232948089.jpg
56 KB, 367x432
>>320341931
I've never been angry enough at a video game to even come close to breaking things.

The only thing in recent memory that upset me was trying to no damage Monsoon in Revengeance or some of those last VR missions, and even then I just took a shower or slept it off.

If you're getting legitimately angry at a video game maybe you should just stop playing it until you calm down.
>>
File: coolface.jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
coolface.jpg
91 KB, 800x600
>>320341931
>getting mad while playing video games
It's just a game bro :^)
>>
>>320341931
Seek help. No shit. Figure this out before you actually do something you will regret.

You will probably hit your gf / wife and end up lonely as shit because she beat you in mario party.

Think about how stupid you look doing this shit. Your at a tournament and you break your controller from losing. Now every time you go people are laughing in your face.

Grow up man, get some air. Getting salty is one thing, breaking shit makes you seem like an autistic little kid.
>>
>>320343751
Really? When I was a child I would never consider breaking something my parents bought me. Now as an adult I don't give two fucks about headbutting my keyboard since I got a shit ton of money and can just buy a new one. Pro tip, never headbutt a mechanical keyboard.
>>
fucking hate MGO3
>>
>>320343812
Interesting. I listen to drum and bass radio which is the complete opposite of calming, but it does make me likelier to keep playing after a failed match.
>>
>>320343665
Git gud. That place sucks but eventually you realize you can just stop between the blades on all but the last one and it makes it a breeze.
>>
>>320341931
Pro tip: if you're getting mad at video games it's usually because you're unsatisfied or stressed out about another part of your life. I haven't gotten mad at video games in a long time but earlier today I was getting pissed at god hand because I've been really stressed out about my living situation
>>
I've never been remotely mad enough to break my own shit, that's just retarded.
I will however insult the fuck out of the people beating me and call them faggots, etc.
>>
>>320343984
>You will probably hit your gf / wife and end up lonely as shit because she beat you in mario party.
Nah, I've never had this problem, my gf's have gotten frightened by my yelling when I'm in my den but they get used to it and I've never threatened them or anything.
>>
>>320344067
Nigger detected
>>
>>320341931

>>320342483
This, you fucking retard.
>>
>>320342056
this desu
>>
>breaking your own things out of anger
How's it feel to be a child who throws temper tantrums, if something gets you upset just get up and do some push-ups or go smoke a cigarette.
>>
>>320343167
why did u quit?
>>
File: angry dome.gif (429 KB, 213x201) Image search: [Google]
angry dome.gif
429 KB, 213x201
like this
>>
>>320344447
Didn't get any pleasure from it anymore, just some sad guy smoking in his apartment
>>
>>320341931
If I get mad at a videogame I just stop playing it
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 140x98) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 140x98
> sm4sh
> level 9 cpu

dont ever do this ^

specially if you're using the gamepad
>>
File: 1449593517560.gif (2 MB, 602x336) Image search: [Google]
1449593517560.gif
2 MB, 602x336
>>320341931
I just get slightly frustrated then fap and I'm all happy again.
>>
>>320344217
I'm dissatisfied with being ass at fighting games no matter how hard I practice. You're projecting.

>>320344259
Sorry buddy I'm white, that's why I suck at fighting games.
>>
File: didnt read.gif (2 MB, 421x384) Image search: [Google]
didnt read.gif
2 MB, 421x384
I stop being mad and be awesome instead
>>
>>320341931
Might I suggest a furious masturbation session? I used to suffer similar things a child, but going through puberty I learned how to quickly vent my anger through a good ol' wank. After that I was all roses.
>>
I used to hiy my deaf brother all the time and he was so scared of me he would sign that I did something to my parents. Since I moved out I've had to learn to control my anger. Nothing bats punching the top of a deaf persons head though.
>>
>>320344995
>literally damaging and scarring your brother for life
>>
>>320342394
Getting angry and emotional at petty things is actually a very normie thing to do. You just need to learn to control your emotions. Get into philosophy or something, start with stoicism.
>>
>>320344217
Honestly I just want to conquer pendor and stop getting one shotted by Imperial heavy Infantry javelins from seventy meters....while riding a horse....at full gallop.

Or getting one shotted in the head by a crossbowman from across the arena

Or getting interrupted by an Anaconda knight with a bastard sword even though my balanced warhammer has ten more points in speed and my character is AGI based.

Or anything similar.
>>
Seriously though if you get so mad over video games that it affects you in some real significant way in real life then you should probably just kill yourself.
>>
>>320345358
nigga u a busta
>>
>>320341931
>>320342504
I deal with it by simply not getting that angry at video games. Sure, I get frustrated. I feel angry sometimes, like playing Dark Souls and getting killed by a boss for the 6th time in a row when they have a sliver of health left, because they did some straight up bullshit like magically rotating while doing a downwards hammer swing, which then lands a metre away from me, killing me with shockwave. Even when it's technically my fault because I made a mistake, rolling at the wrong angle because my thumb wasn't the right direction. That makes me angry. But not like, THAT angry. I don't break things. This keyboard cost me 20 bucks, my monitor cost about 200, and my mouse was a gift from my mum, cost somewhere between 60-120. I'm not going to break these things, obviously, because they cost money, which I don't have a lot of. And even if I did, there is no reason for me to bother catching a train into the city to buy a new mouse because I got mad that my character in a video game got killed or something.

That said, I know what rage feels like. Despite being entirely illogical, I feel immense rage as a reaction to hearing certain things. It's called misophonia, apparently. One time my mother was talking to me, and she started scratching at her head for a solid 10 seconds. Even imagining it makes me feel uncomfortable, like masturbating and hearing your dad fart in the next room. I say rage, because I obviously don't feel anger towards my mother, it's just a completely illogical feeling. And despite feeling like violently pummeling the shit out of the nearest object (not my mother), I have enough self control to not do that.

My advice to you would be to like, get a punching bag or something. Or somehow, try to just not get so worked up at video games. It really is literally all in your head. When you feel angry at a game because some bullshit happened, remember, if you break your mouse, the devs win.
>>
File: best card'.png (298 KB, 300x435) Image search: [Google]
best card'.png
298 KB, 300x435
>>320341931
Usually I get pissed for like a minute and close out of the game.

I never actually broke anything or cursed someone out.

Though one time
>playing on DN with monarchs in a match
>dude plays some level 10 monster decks with sphinxes, I have no idea what it's called
>mess up once and activate the wrong card
>ask if I can take it back
>guy tells me no and that this is serious business and I shouldn't play ranked
>passive aggressively tells how to play own deck
>keeps telling me I'm outclassed like he thinks he's anime character or something
>get down to 200 LP
>tells me that I should just give up and that I'm a scrub
>manage to win by pulling storm of monarchs and summoning Majesty's fiend and some other monarch, the frost one (?) to destroy his back row
>starts acting all humble all the sudden
>oh wow gg man that was a sick comeback I never would have thought you could do it
>asks me for a rematch because he can't handle being blown the fuck out
>tell him yeah nah fuck off cunt
>like two seconds later after I exit the match
>he finds me in the public chat and starts complaining that he's gonna report me to the mods and that if we play another match he'll let me slide
>tell him I don't really care because at this point I'm just really annoyed
>dude is literally begging me for another match
>tell him ok
>starts acting all humble and thanks me for the "opportunity"
>next two matches
>OHKO him the second turn using Jurracs
>dude calls me cunt and starts calling a mod
>I can feel myself shaking with anger so I just leave without saying anything but he's just being the biggest cunt
>finds me again in the public chat this time he's fuming that I beat him with a "meme deck"
>tell him to fuck off cunt I'm trying to play yugioh
>he gets so taken back by this he slams his keyboard, if only what I can assume is a stroke educed rage that random keys are coming up and finally leaves
God why are people on DN so autistic.
>>
>>320345189
>one shotted by Imperial heavy Infantry javelins
God fucking damn the motherfucking Empire. Their troops are only OP when you fight them but when you command them they roll over.
>>
>>320345767
maybe you should quit being a memelord?
>>
File: .gif (2 MB, 460x304) Image search: [Google]
.gif
2 MB, 460x304
>>320344621
>fighting random level 9 cpus
>it's palutena
>>
I feel like it would be easier to calm down if I played more multiplayer games, am I wrong?
>>
>>320343883
>it's been less than a single night and already these smug pictures are being used as reactions
>>
So /v/'s advice is:

>just stop

well ok then, don't know why no one just tried that before.
>>
Just take a break and come back to it. Punch a pillow if you have to, but don't break your shit, you fucking manchild. Last games I played that made me rage were Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Artorias pushed my shit in for a whole night, I finally had to rage quit and sleep on it. Woke up, gave it a couple more tries after calming down and was able to beat him. Abhorrent Beast rekt my ass for a couple hours until I legitimately thought I was never gonna be able to do it. But I went on a walk, got something to drink, sat back down and tried again and beat him. Just gotta try to stay calm, OP.
>>
File: 1450233824243.jpg (381 KB, 765x597) Image search: [Google]
1450233824243.jpg
381 KB, 765x597
>>320346871
The future is here
>>
it's just a video game guys
>>
>>320341931
If you rage at a single player game, simply get better. You either dont save frequently enough or can't adapt to the game mechanics. The result is that you think that devs fuckes up because something should work differently in this game but it doesnt. Just adapt and find a way. Think. Also quicksave more - u train your memory trying to remember this.
>>
You learn to transfer your anger into pure rage which becomes true focus.

>>320343009
>That chick at the end
I died.
>>
>>320344621
Is it much more difficult than Brawl's level 9 CPU? I was only decent at Brawl, but the level 9 CPU was not that difficult. Haven't played much Smash 4.
>>
File: OMITW.jpg (67 KB, 524x610) Image search: [Google]
OMITW.jpg
67 KB, 524x610
>>320342439
>>
File: truth.png (26 KB, 302x431) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
26 KB, 302x431
>>320347730
>>
File: +.png (29 KB, 279x623) Image search: [Google]
+.png
29 KB, 279x623
>>320348070
>>
File: 881344446_quitgettingmad.jpg (9 KB, 177x176) Image search: [Google]
881344446_quitgettingmad.jpg
9 KB, 177x176
step 1.

realize how retarded you would look to other people if they saw you raging at a videogame

step 2.

if that doesn't work, consider suicide
>>
>>320347730
>>320348070
>>320348201
what is this gay shit?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.