[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So can we have an actual discussion about this game and how hyped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13
File: ff7.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
So can we have an actual discussion about this game and how hyped some of us are for it?
>>
File: Cloud.png (196 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.png
196 KB, 600x323
episodic
>>
>>320340905
I'm pretty hyped to enjoy the story in HD.
I hope enemy skills and summons aren't cut.
>>
>>320341035
actually coming out and not just some piece of shit cash grab like Cawadooty
>>
Would this be good for someone who never played FFVII? Honestly the game looks ugly as all sin, the character models are so shitty and goofy looking. Why couldn't they use more normal looking models like Legend of Dragoon?
>>
>>320341105
Summons are almost guaranteed to be in. And seeing as almost every main-line Final Fantasy has had enemy skills/blue magic of some sort, I doubt they'll remove it from this release.

>>320341184
Sign o' the times or some such shit. Back then nothing like it had been seen on a home console. Especially from Final Fantasy. Like, that shit was amazing back then. To answer your question though, yeah it would probably be just fine to start with this game when it's released, but it never hurts to try things out, so you might pirate the game and see if you actually enjoy it.
>>
remember how episodic content went for that half life game?

DOA
>>
>>320341371
>nothing like it at the time on a home console

Really though? Because I was playing PS1 jrpgs too when FFVII was released. And the models still looked goofy to me then.
>>
>>320341417
Remember how that's not at all what is going on with this game and it's more akin to .Hack and Trails in the Sky, only this has a bigger following so will sell better?
>>
MISSION BASED
>>
>>320341519
And I can almost guarantee they were all sprite based with MAYBE some polygonal backgrounds, and not pre-rendered. The thing about it being pre rendered was that on a console, nothing like it had been done, and with the original Myst, whereas at the time it was gorgeous, FFVII completely blew it out of the water and actually set the standard for AAA cinematic JRPGs at the time.

>>320341582
Gonna need a source on that one, Jimbo, but either way, as opposed to what?
>First Mission Blow up Sector 1 Reactor
>Second Mission: Blow up Sector 7 Reactor
>Third Mission: Get back to your crew
>Fourth Mission etc
It's always been mission based, Jacko, we just didn't have a UI to select from.
>>
File: 400x400_happy-birthday-smiley.gif (219 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
400x400_happy-birthday-smiley.gif
219 KB, 400x400
>>320341035
HE LOOKS LIKE A FAGGOT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>320341126
>not just some piece of shit cash grab like Cawadooty
It is literally just gonna be a piece of shit cash grab though
>>
>>320342275
And you know this from a 1 minute gameplay video and two probably 30 second interviews and one statement online telling us that it's literally not a chash grab and they want to make the FFVII game to end all FFVII games..? Okay buddy.
>>
I'm so hype for this game you have no idea. BUT, no Tifatitties no buy.
>>
>>320341371
Summons are 100% guaranteed. They menu option is displayed on the HUD in the gameplay trailer. I just hope they don't cut out the late game ones like Kujata, Alexander, and Typhon. Lots of people never used them because at that point in the game they were a waste of time, but I always thought they were awesome.
As for Enemy Skills, stuff like Magic Breath, Beta, Aqualung, White Wind, and Big Guard were awesome and I used them a great deal. Then there is the oddballs like Goblin Punch and Chocobuckle. I feel like they will probably try to streamline the concept and in doing so make it less exciting.
>>
>>320344275
I think you may have a point with them trying to stream line things a bit, but I think they'll keep Alexander at the very least. That summon has been in every main line FF since, what? 3?
>>
File: 1450011088211.jpg (1 MB, 1273x1123) Image search: [Google]
1450011088211.jpg
1 MB, 1273x1123
>>320340905
I honestly couldn't care less about the actiony gameplay. I'm more worried about how they would fuck up the plot and characters like they did in the compilation.

>>320341184
Yes the remake was made for graphics whores after all.
>>
>>320344627
It's Pseudo-action, though. It's not Kingdom Hearts, the producer or somebody flat out said that in terms of action it goes Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, then the Remake.

It's actually looking to be similar to Rogue Galaxy, which only comes to mind because I am replaying it again. Go figure.
>>
>>320344962
That's fine too.
>>
>>320345192
Yeah, I was a little worried that it might be Kingdom Hearts-like as well, mostly because we're getting a new Kingdom Hearts and that wouldn't make much sense. But Square has a track record for making every FF a little unique from the last one, and I always respected that.
>>
>>320344962
Yeah, if it was a hack n slash like people are assuming, I doubt there would be an Attack command.
>>
>>320340905
That trailer was so fuckin cool man. I can't wait.
>>
>work on a new engine for FF15 for years
>use Unreal for FF7 anyway

why
>>
>>320346167
Well... In their defense, Kingdom Hearts has an attack option.. It's action based but not endless spamming like Kingdom Hearts is. There's an action gauge that fills up, you can see it in the gameplay reveal.

Which on that note; Why in the hell did Sony think it was a good idea to show FFVII Remake FIRST?! I get that not everybody likes Final Fantasy and there are a few people who don't care for this remake but seriously?! Everything else just seemed lackluster afterward. Never go full FFVIIR.
>>
>>320346331
I hear more devs are familiar with unreal and they said they want to get the game out quick so it makes sense. Take it with a grain of salt though im only going by what ive heard.
>>
His bigass sword just looks so damn goofy.

It never bothered me in the original game, and I didn't get involved in any spinoff shit.

I find it incredibly off putting for some reason.
>>
>>320346331
>Why

Because everybody. Every single last person who knows how to use luminous engine is working on Final Fantasy XV. Like, that's not an exaggeration, every single living person on this planet who knows how to use that engine is working on FFXV because they want to get the damn game out.

Unreal is incredibly well documented and easy to use. It's literally only used as a rendering engine if it's used for anything other than FPS. Look at Bamham.
>>
>>320341184
You should definitely play the original, for historical purposes if nothing else.

But play the remake first, I'd be interested to hear the opinions of someone who played it in reverse.
>>
>>320346634
If you look at the in-battle model of cloud you'll see he's skinny, too. The reason it looks messed up is because not only is he skinny, he looks sickly. But I feel that they will either change that before release or have it be an ever changing model throughout the game that slowly gets pigment back in his skin.

Story-wise, he'd been in a Mako tank for a couple of years or some shit, and had Jenova cells injected into his anus, and that's why he's sickly.
>>
>>320346787
I'm going through the game again and everything happens so damn quickly. I'm glad they're expanding on shit. I'm glad they have some time and money and a fanbase who will give them even more money to make several entries and make a huge, grandiose retelling of this wonderful game.
>>
Hyped for:

>tfw we get to see crossdressing Cloud in HD
>tfw Tifa in HD
>tfw Aerith death in HD
>tfw voice acting
>tfw Superman returns to voice Sephiroth

Worried about

>2015 Square Enix
>Gackt
>All other compilation shit, including Angeal
>shitty performance
>abhorrent plot and story changes
>>
File: 090815d.jpg (34 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
090815d.jpg
34 KB, 300x225
I'm excited for Cloud and Aerith! By far my favorite characters and I like their relationship with each other too. I hope they don't fuck up their characterization or retcon too many things.
>>
File: Reno.jpg (382 KB, 550x780) Image search: [Google]
Reno.jpg
382 KB, 550x780
Some of you guys are alright. Don't go to Sector 7 tomorrow.
>>
>>320340905
I'm still cautiously hyped.
>>
>>320347521
It's a real shame they turned him into a goofy slapstick clown in the compilation.
>>
>>320347179
Seeing as they're expanding on the story, I can see why you'd be worried about your last point.

Gackt will not make a return. He pulled the rights to his likeness, which is a godsend. He might, however, be mentioned sparingly. And 2015 SE is a LOT different than 2008 SE. They actually seem to care now, which is a drastic change from Hallway Simulator XIII: Lightnings Final Hallway.

Like, they actually. ACTUALLY listened to the fans when it came to the reception of Episode Duscae. Like, holy shit. They didn't just say "We're Square, it's Final Fantasy, you're going to eat our shit" They've been humbled by the terrible sales of a terrible game because, unfortunately, they thought they could get away with it because people kept buying Call of Duty. I'm not kidding, if I can find the article I will, but once CoD became a yearly release with BILLIONS in sales, Square thought they could do the same thing and just pump out a halfassed game.
>>
File: 1448687329570.jpg (256 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
1448687329570.jpg
256 KB, 499x618
>tfw fapped to lewd crossdressing Cloud earlier
And he liked it, that little bitchboi faggot
>>
>>320347350
I can't put my hope in Squeenix to do thing right anymore.

Expect compilation retcon shit and emphasis on her liking Cloud simply because he acts like Zack.
>>
>>320347859
Do you think they'll make Tifa relevant if I cry hard enough?
Her fans think she's perfect and are too dumb to realize she can be so much more so they definitely won't.
>>
>>320340905
>hyped for a Squeenix game
>an episodic, casualized battle system and filled to the brim with DLC, season passes and preorder bonuses Squeenix game
>in fucking 2016
I am so sorry for you, you poor bastard.
>>
>>320348189
Yea I'm afraid they are going to add Zack flashbacks everytime Aerith and Cloud have a moment. or even worse, have her think of him when she dies. In Maiden who travels the planet the only thing she was thinking of was how touched she was cuz she didn't realize Cloud cared about her that much.

watch them turn it into a zackxaerith moment
>>
>>320348459
oh shit i haven't heard of Maiden who travels the planet in a long ass while

Use to be a lynch-pin for Cloris in the old shitposting waifu wars of '06 and earlier.
>>
I'm pretty hyped for it too.
>>
File: maiwaifuisgone.jpg (96 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
maiwaifuisgone.jpg
96 KB, 1680x1050
>>320348734
Yea, a lot of people don't bring it up because they (mostly CloudxTifa's) don't consider it canon for some reason.

Even without it, Aerith loves Cloud more than she ever did Zack tho so I don't really care that much.

yea, as you can see, I've taken your place as CloudxAeris trash on this board.
>>
>>320348175
dumb frogposter.
>>
>>320348189
Except that is pretty much why she likes him. She flat out says "You remind me of him".

>>320348256
She's probably going to get the "Strongwomynz" treatment, don't worry.

>>320348406
>Episodic
Maybe read something other than IGN clickbait.
>Casualized Battle System
As opposed to standing around and jamming X a few thousand times? At least with this you probably have a dodge button and have to strategically yup, I said it fight, because now there are enemies all around you who can attack all at once, not one at a time.
>DLC
You probably have a point there, since every game and it's mother has DLC
>Season pass
Probably
>Preorder Bonuses
Probably

>>320348459
>Bringing up non-canon shit to base your fears upon

Nigga, come on...

>>320349021
It's not canon, bro. Square doesn't even acknowledge it.
>>
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-gets-more-info-on-story-and-combat-kingdom-hearts-iii-team-will-help/

For those with "standards":

The upcoming Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be featured on the issue of Weekly Famitsu releasing on Thursday, and the Japanese blog Hachima Kikou shared a few details from a leaked copy of the magazine.

>Various areas of Midgar will be explorable.
>Taking advantage of the legroom provided by the multi-part release, the team will give more depth to characters like Biggs, Wedge and Jesse.
>They already know how many parts they want to publish, but they can’t disclose it for the moment.
>They can’t talk about online features as well.
>Since the team uses the Unreal Engine 4, the technical help has been provided by the Kingdom Hearts III team, and they will collaborate in the future.
>The Japanese cast is going to be fairly close to that of Advent Children, but characters that had only a cameo appearance might be changed.
>The ATB Gauge (final name pending) and the limit break system are different. It can’t be shown yet, but it’ll change depending to the player’s fighting style.
>The presence of guard is still undecided.
>It’ll certainly be interesting to see how the game will progress. What we saw so far looked really good. Hopefully the team will be able to deliver the masterpiece that Final Fantasy VII deserves.

Source: Weekly Famitsu via Hachima Kikou
>>
File: qt3.14.jpg (239 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
qt3.14.jpg
239 KB, 1280x960
>>320349021
>>
>>320349021
good luck to you m8.

I realized how fruitless it all was when compilation started shitting on everything FFVII
>>
In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, Final Fantasy VII Remake producer Yoshinori Kitase, director Tetsuya Nomura, and scenario writer Kazushige Nojima had some details to share on the upcoming PlayStation 4 title. [Thanks, Hachima.]
The interview features various details that we previously reported, but Hachima put the following notes on some of the interesting tidbits.
We’ll get to explore around all the areas of Midgar.
Square Enix would like to delve more deeply into Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie.
They can’t say how many volumes the entire Final Fantasy VII Remake will be in this stage.
Can’t say anything about any online features for now.
The main scenario for the multi-series’ first part is already completed.
As previously reported, the game is using Epic Games’ Unreal Engine 4 to create the game. They’re also getting technological assistance from the Kingdom Hearts team, and may work together for the game in the near future.
Cloud’s auditory hallucination scenes are being shaped up to be more meaningful.
The [voicing] cast is expected to be the same from those of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.
The “ATB Gauge” that turns red is different from a Limit Break, and Square Enix plans on having a special system, one that they can’t show yet, but it will change depending on the play-style of the player.
They’ve yet to decide on whether there will be a guard.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/15/final-fantasy-vii-remake-plans-to-delve-more-deeply-into-biggs-wedge-and-jessie/#s1midD5OdfyqUCU3.99
>>
>>320340905
>>320349021
>>320349130
>>320349161
>>320349751
>>320349865
ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDS. Han solo is killed by his son Kylo Ren.
>>
>>320350295
Thanks for reminding me that starting tomorrow I should take a hiatus from /v/.
>>
>>320350295
And? Is that supposed to be surprising?

>>320350284
>>320349751
Bunch of nice news.

Wait.... THE MAIN SCENARIO IS ALREADY FINISHED FOR THE FIRST PART!?!??!???! Praise Allah.
>>
So we'll undoubtedly get XV in 2016, and KH in mid 2017, so around Christmas time in two years we'll be getting the first of the parts for this game! That's exciting. Back to form for Square?
>>
>>320350295
lol who gives a shit
>>
File: memetic legacy.gif (408 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
memetic legacy.gif
408 KB, 432x288
>>320349021
maiden is in this state where we dont know if its canon or not, seeing as SE doesnt acknowledge it, either way we already have multiple confirmations, from multiple sources that Aerith loves cloud more

SE even goes on detail saying that she can do the same shit sephiroth does in AC with his 3 clones, but she doesnt because she wants to meet cloud as herself, they even go saying that her conciousness resides inside clouds body or some shit

heres this little gem

cloudxtifa fans like to harp on the highwind scene, conveniently forgetting that shit is optional, and SE also goes on to say that even if cloud didnt have geostigm, they would have problems in their relationship

at this point i want them to put some shit about Aeriths time in the lifestream, meeting people like the avalanche members, her parents, Zack, sephiroth, maybe as some new game or post game unlock, kinda like a special episode
>>
File: 1449899600042.png (3 MB, 1309x2033) Image search: [Google]
1449899600042.png
3 MB, 1309x2033
>>320352638
>>
>>320352638
>at this point i want them to put some shit about Aeriths time in the lifestream, meeting people like the avalanche members, her parents, Zack, sephiroth, maybe as some new game or post game unlock, kinda like a special episode

again, this is squeenix we're talking about so we can't have nice things.

I also feel like they're petty enough to shit on Sakaguchi's creation in some passive aggressive way.
>>
>>320352861
>Sakaguchi's creation
Nigga you what? He wanted the game to be in modern day New York and have the mother fucking main character be named "Detective Joe" I fucking shit you not.
>>
File: truescene.gif (357 KB, 334x185) Image search: [Google]
truescene.gif
357 KB, 334x185
>>320352792
This image always makes me laugh my ass off.

Even after death, Cloud still wants Aerith's D
>>
>>320352638
>put some shit about Aerith's time in the lifestream

I would love it if they did this. Instead of her just dissapearing after her death until the end of the game.
>>
File: FFDoc_Chaos.jpg (465 KB, 1272x1600) Image search: [Google]
FFDoc_Chaos.jpg
465 KB, 1272x1600
If Compilation does bleed into Remake say hello to Vincent's new final limit break
>>
Who's more beta, Cloud or Vincent?
>>
>>320353832
Vincent by far.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.