[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God I fucking hate the 3ds. >Comes out like 2 years before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: NEXTGEN.png (1011 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
NEXTGEN.png
1011 KB, 800x480
God I fucking hate the 3ds.

>Comes out like 2 years before there are any decent games for it.
>The tech for it is from like goddamn 2004 or earlier. Games on your fucking phone look leagues better.
>Shit software, takes forever to load home menu, "camera" is literally as good as the first cameras on cell phones, streaming is a disaster, connecting to certain routers can be a huge pain in the ass
>Asinine eshop bullshit that isn't even saved to a universal Nintendo account where your investments are protected
>The death of classic 2D games - almost every developer did away with iconic sprites and drawings for this ugly 10 polygon shit
>Your hands will cramp unbearably if you want to play the fucking thing for more than 2 hours.
>BRIGHT ASS BLUE POWER LIGHT when it's on that will never fucking dim. Feels like I'm sleeping with a goddamn night light on.
>Smushy analog flat out falls off because I guess I dared to play the fucking thing too much (I really didn't though).

This is seriously the worst system I've ever owned. A part of me wants to see Nintendo's NX bomb as some sort of retribution for this abomination.
>>
All I care about is games and it has them.
>>
File: BITUDADUSTO.png (196 KB, 611x515) Image search: [Google]
BITUDADUSTO.png
196 KB, 611x515
>>320340592
No denying its a shit hardware wise, but software size nintendo got that shit on lock down.
>>
It has great software but I always feel like it's a wasted opportunity when a good game is locked to such shit hardware.
>>
Both of the handhelds are pretty heavily flawed this gen, and only barely have the library to make up for it.
>>
>>320340592
>The death of classic 2D games
Man, they died like 20 years ago.
>>
>>320340810
This desu
>>
File: jump_ultimate_stars_1.jpg (50 KB, 250x378) Image search: [Google]
jump_ultimate_stars_1.jpg
50 KB, 250x378
>>320342005
Sprite games were still going strong in DS era.
>>
File: details.gif (310 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
details.gif
310 KB, 500x279
>>320342005
>>320342357
>We moved toward models instead of highly detained sprites
JUST
>>
>>320342850
>Move towards a system that is quick to work with, cheap, and you can change on the fly without having to redraw every single frame of animation.
Gee, I wonder why they moved away from a system where you have to make potentially hundreds of frames for a single animation to a system where you make a model and then can change the model however you want to change the animation itself without having to redraw absolutely everything one by one. Yeah, sprites are cool, and yeah, I would love for them to come back, but sprites take loads of work and money now in comparison to just getting a single artist to do a model and some art for it.
>>
>>320340592
>Comes out like 2 years before there are any decent games for it.
This is true for every console after PS2.

>The tech for it is from like goddamn 2004 or earlier. Games on your fucking phone look leagues better.
lolwut. You're talking out your ass.

>Shit software, takes forever to load home menu
Maybe if you have ADHD and can't wait one second. But it's (once again) still faster/the same speed as literally everything else after PS2 era.

>"camera" is literally as good as the first cameras on cell phones
I'll give you this

>streaming is a disaster
Streaming is fucking cancer

>connecting to certain routers can be a huge pain in the ass
Name one console that does it better from gen7 or 8.

>Asinine eshop bullshit that isn't even saved to a universal Nintendo account where your investments are protected
I'll give you this one.

>The death of classic 2D games - almost every developer did away with iconic sprites and drawings for this ugly 10 polygon shit
Yeah, in 2000.

>Your hands will cramp unbearably if you want to play the fucking thing for more than 2 hours.
Are you a goddamn manlet?

>BRIGHT ASS BLUE POWER LIGHT when it's on that will never fucking dim. Feels like I'm sleeping with a goddamn night light on.
So turn the goddamn thing off? Moron.

>Smushy analog flat out falls off because I guess I dared to play the fucking thing too much (I really didn't though).
Literally only you and Sm4sh players. I've had my 3DS since launch. I've protected the shit out of it, and have barely had any problems.

Maybe you just suck at taking care of things, bro.
>>
the res is what really pisses me off about it.

why is it so low.

that and a lack of a second analog nub from the beginning.
>>
>>320343236
tl;dr fuck off you retarded nerd
>>
>>320343621
>Games on your fucking phone look leagues better.
>lolwut. You're talking out your ass.
are you serious
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.