[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DRAGON AGE ORIGINS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: header.jpg (45 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45 KB, 460x215
Can I play this game as a standalone and just forget the the other two shitty looking games?
>>
>>320331070
Yes.
>>
>>320331070
>implying inquisition isn't good
>>
>>320331070

yes
>>
>>320331070
Too bad for you, Origins is shit too.

It was only popular because people were starved for rpgs at the time.

It was touted as the next Baldurs Gate.
It barely makes it as the next Neverwinter Nights.
>>
>>320332257
First few hours is good tho

Then it becomes boring as fuck, repetetive, annoying and dumb
>>
>>320332257

if you don't count mods, Dragon Age: Origins is better than NWN 1 and 2 in literally every aspect
>>
>>320332257

The combat system is deep enough that it allows for exploitation, which is fun. I feel that the game has a solid foundation, but there are large parts of the game that are simply poorly designed.
>>
Yes, but be warned—you will probably be tempted into trying the sequels, thinking they couldn't be as bad as everyone says. Yet they are much, much worse than you could possibly imagine.
>>
I don't understand why people make it look like DA:Origins was the worst game ever. It was pretty decent, enjoyable with decent setting and decent story.

I might be biased though, I ejaculated in real life when I first kissed Morrigan, and I cried when she hardly admitted her love.
>>
>>320331216
>empty, repetitive single player MMO wannabe
>good
pick 1 and only 1
>>
>>320332838

I feel like the game would have been a lot better if Bioware didn't try to artificially lengthen the game with tedious padding. Deep Roads should have been a short 15 minute endeavor, and the Fade should have been a SHORT puzzle section. Consider the forest area, it's pretty great because everything moves at a brisk pace. there aren't a ridiculous number of encounters, and there are neat things to get off the beaten path.
>>
>>320333121
>the fade
ow.. my head
ow....
>>
>>320333505
Good thing there's mods for the pc version that flat out skip the fade but let you keep all the stat boosts from within, even the optional fonts of power.
Deep Roads on the other hand, ugh.
>>
>>320332838
>People make it look like Origins was the worst game ever
They do? I thought that Origins was the most praised of the series.
>>
>>320331216
>implying it is
This coming from someone who slogged through it and all the dlc. Game is nothing but reused assets and SJW companions.
>>
>>320334393
I quite liked everything up to the battle at Haven.

Lots of filler to deal with after that point, and little payoff to be had with Corypheus.
>>
File: cassandra-profile-v4.jpg (22 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
cassandra-profile-v4.jpg
22 KB, 260x260
>>320334393
>choices for both sexual orientations
>still complains
*disgusted noise
>>
>>320334623
>he liked sera
>>
>>320335086
I want to marry Cass desu
>>
>>320335086
She's a little too masculine for my tastes.
>>
>>320335086
Having choices for multiple orientations doesn't matter when the characters are written so poorly they sound like autistic doorknobs
>>
>>320331070
It's quite a good game, pick up the restored Morrigan dialogue mod.

It's a decent dark fantasy story.

The sequels are absolute garbage, don't even go near them.
>>
>>320331070
yes, and there are plenty of mods that can prolong the life of it for a few hours more.

>>320332593
2 is horrendous. 3 is kind of an apology from what I hear...
>>
>>320335638
I was speaking from personal experience. I tried 3, wanting to believe everyone was wrong, desperately trying to like and enjoy it, but after two weeks I was filled with such disgust that remembering any of the game makes me shudder
>>
>>320335638
3 is an apology from an idiot who doesn't understand what he did wrong
there's effort put into it, but nearly all of it goes into the wrong direction
heck it wouldn't have surprised me if DA:I was originally intended to be an MMO but was retooled into a singleplayer game when TOR flopped
>>
>>320336026
>>320336027
Ahhh. I see. I tend to avoid Bioware games like the plague, largely because I'd have to deal with EA. I think the only two I have are DA:O, and Mirror's Edge. Nothing else. I simply don't believe EA makes anything fun. Case in Point: Battlefront.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.