[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer fighting AI or real player?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1280x720
>>
AI, because I like to be able to choose how much effort I have to put in to be successful.
>>
>>320330640
AI, because they don't sweat and abuse the game.
>>
In an FPS? The latter, generally. One time me and my friends set up a game where it was just us two to four vs a fuckton of bots that were all at the lowest level. Was pretty fun. So, case-by-case basis.
>>
>>320330640
Depends on game. Red Orchestra 2 is much better with humans as they are less predictable and react to surroundings. For sandbox games like GTA or RDR AI is better to fight
>>
File: 1450150088753.jpg (4 KB, 300x266) Image search: [Google]
1450150088753.jpg
4 KB, 300x266
>>320330640
In Rocket League I just play against the AI because it lets me skip replays everytime, I don't have to wait for match making, there's no server lag and it makes my teammates at least somewhat competent every time. I also get to do what I want more which is just more fun.
>>
>>320330983
so in other words you're terrible vs actual players? Noted.
>>
>>320331236
>and abuse the game
They do in some games.
>>
File: ge.webm (3 MB, 1080x520) Image search: [Google]
ge.webm
3 MB, 1080x520
>>320330640
Both use cheats/do impossible stuff to win
>>
>>320331420
Only if you set their AI to alien mode.
>>
>>320331510
And then they become cheater cheater take-me-to-your-leaders.
>>
>>320331414
I only like to play against real players in FPS games. I can't be bothered to learn how to get around the bullshit that real people pull in every genre. Especially when I don't care about vs mode s in most games anyway.
>>
>Find out friends play DotA
>Oh cool, let me join.
>They play vs all Easy AI.
>Win every game.
>Genuinely think they're amazing players.

What the fuck? What's the point if there's no challenge or difference?
>>
I prefer fighting bots. You don't have to deal with connectivity issues, you can play at your own pace or with some obscure weapon or playstyle that would normally be ineffective against real players who try their very best to win, and you can set the game rules or mod the game to your liking. Also, you can set the bot count really high and the game wouldn't be that bad of a clusterfuck as much as increasing the player count would be. They also generally play the objective instead of camping like idiots.
>>
>>320331580
Still better then those players that abuse the game.

>BF3/4
>laying prone on certain rocks let's you be out of sight facing 70-90 degrees in the air and still shoot forward

>nearly all shooters
>can crouch behind an object and shoot over it
>only the very top of your head is visible

>break map to get above the buildings to snipe
>continue to do this over and over

Every shooter has easy shit to break, the problem is people do it, and then they act smug as if they are actually good.
>>
>>320330640
Depends on mood.

The game generally gets ruined by players exploiting flaws in the gameplay but is far more competitive. You feel a greater sense of reward for playing well.

I prefer AI when I want to play the game (most of the time) how it was supposed to be played. Problem is, the AI ruins a lot of games.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 651x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 651x517
>>320330640
>Human interaction
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.