[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Sonic game had the best special stages? I'm a big
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Sonic2SpecialStage.png (108 KB, 377x333) Image search: [Google]
Sonic2SpecialStage.png
108 KB, 377x333
Which Sonic game had the best special stages?

I'm a big fan of Sonic Rush's, myself.
>>
CD's are the shit.
>>
3 & Knuckles were always my favorite.
>>
>>320329227
3&K
>>
>>320329227
I love the original Sonic games, but those bonus stages always gave me PTSD.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
Sonic Advance 2's were bullshit and I don't believe anyone who says they didn't cheat past them.
>>
File: 1450123209154.jpg (44 KB, 569x506) Image search: [Google]
1450123209154.jpg
44 KB, 569x506
>>320330181
>Whole world is rotating clockwise
>you can only jump off walls that deteriorate on contact
>the middle section is filled with bumpers
>>
CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and Heroes
>heroes
It's fun as fuck to boost fast as shit constantly to chase an emerald. Also the music was groovy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i3RQpdm4MOU
>>
>>320329829
*CD's is shit
>>
>>320330942
No, fuck you and fuck Heroes' bonus stages. How did you even control them without them running like they're on fucking oily ice and sliding all over the place right into the bombs? If you didn't get the emerald right away it was over, you were never catching up.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles had good ones, though. I'll give you that.
>>
S3K, Heroes, 3D Blast Saturn
>>
CD, especially in the remake with the lag removed.
>>
>>320330445
Sonic Advance 2's were awful and yes, I did cheat past them
>>
>>320329227
Sonic 2's Special stages were shit especially with AI tails forcing you to move even earlier

at least, thats what i thought back in the day
>>
>>320329227
S3K and Heroes.
>>
>>320330445
Advance 2's special stages were easy as shit as long as you got a streak going early. Getting to them in the first place was the hard part.
>>
>>320331873
Git good.
>>
I thought Advance 3's were cool.

Has there been any lately? I kind of miss the "out of this world" feeling they gave to sonic games.
>>
Speaking of Sonic, hardest boss anyone? Mine is Sonic the Hedgehog 2: no rings, no shield, and a double penetration by mecha sonic and Death Egg Robot
>>
>>320329227
I never really did like 2 special stages and the game itself. The controls felt weird and it didn't appeal to me. 3&K is definitely the best desu
>>
>>320333702
The controls are the same in both games.
>>
>>320329227

Sonic Rush's were objectively the best. The half-pipe concept of Sonic 2 executed much better and with an actually good touch-screen implementation. Just a shame they didn't do a remix of the Sonic 2 Special Stage them for it (although the New Day song is pretty good too).
>>
>>320333880
Whoops. I mean the special stages.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.