[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are people always bitching about this boss. I beat or my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: shadow_of_yharman.jpg (19 KB, 365x365) Image search: [Google]
shadow_of_yharman.jpg
19 KB, 365x365
Why are people always bitching about this boss. I beat or my first time without even knowing I was running into a fight.
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>320328693
You can't make me. I literally walked into a room then it closed me in. I dodged and slashed it was fucking easy. Took out the fireball one first then the flame spitter. Shit was easy
>>
I can't believe so many people bitch about the Orphan. Compared to Laurence, all other DLC bosses are much easier imo. Laurence second phase is just a shit show if you don't have a co operator.
>>
>>320328860
I haven't gotten that far yet. I literally just beat them. Haven't used cooperaters for anything except the witch of hemwick
>>
>>320328860
Laurence took me many less tries than the Orphan, and my weapon was much less upgraded at the time
>>
>>320328378
once you realize parrying destroys pretty much everything (except for huge bosses) and that the dodge has a ridiculous amount of invincibility, the whole game is piss easy.
>>
>>320328860

You can beat his second phase relatively easy if you're patient and just run around like a shitter until shits/spits fire. that or his big hand slam which takes forever for him to recover from.
>>
>>320328996
>Cooperaters
>on The Witch of Hemwick

Fucking what?
>>
>>320330294
I don't even parry I just dodge shit. I still get fucked from time to time but the dodging is way easier than any other souls game
>>
>>320328996
lmao witch of hemlock is the easiest boss in the game
>>
>>320330549
Honestly it was just so I didn't have to run around so much I'm kinda lazy
>>
>>320328378
They're not hard. No one says that.

In terms of difficulty of bosses:
>Ludwig
>Ebrietas
>Orphan
>Gherman
>literally nothing else in this game took me more than 1 death.
>>
>>320330816
I've seen plenty of people whine about it for whatever reason
>>
>>320330816
>Ebrietas

I think I overleveled by the time I got to this boss.
I think I was 80 or something.

She didn't seem that hard.
>>
>first time playing bloodborne
>going in blind because that's the best way to play From games
>decide to go skill becuase I liked Dex in DS and the cane looked neat
>only like 4 skill weapons that are easily obtainable in the whole game
>half of which aren't available until the very end

What the fuck were they thinking? I restarted because that's bullshit. Might do a skill build now that the DLC actually adds a few, but you still can't get them until late in the game because lol fuck u.
>>
>>320332106
Hope you like the threaded cane. That's why I restarted my character as well
>>
>>320332106
Yeah weapon variety took a nosedive for some reason. People like to say "lol trick weapons so u get 2 and they all different" but those people are retards.
>>
Literally no one complains about Organization 13.

Everyone whines about ROM but she's easy peachy as long as you use lightning. Yes, Rom is a woman. Get over it Gamers.
>>
>>320328378
They do?

I went in with a summon first time, since me and the only friend I play shit with on ps4 were in the area and about the same level at the same time. Second time through I solo'd them, though.
>>
>>320328860
FUCK LAURENCE'S SECOND PHASE
>>
>>320333442
Probably because they're fucking retarded but yes. It's pretty easy if you take out the mage first
>>
File: Shadow of Yharnam 40 Insight.jpg (32 KB, 309x240) Image search: [Google]
Shadow of Yharnam 40 Insight.jpg
32 KB, 309x240
>>320330549
>not giving bros some free vermin

That's the most common boss to co-op alongside the Shadows of Yharnam
>>
>>320332653

Weapon variety isn't the problem, thanks to the DLC there's a shit ton of weapons now that are all relatively unique. It's not like people even used 75% of the weapons in Dark Souls considering how each weapon type usually had an objectively best weapon that rendered the rest pointless.

The problem is it doesn't give you half of the weapons until you're nearly at the end of the game, or in the case of the Burial Blade until you beat the game. It's completely asinine and forces people to play half the game using the threaded cane/hunter's axe every fucking time they want to make a new character.
>>
>>320333761
Welcome to /v/ there are no bros here. Only those who can't git gud and autists
>>
I was just horsing around with my SL 46.
Went in with 40k echoes, though I'd die or some shit but nah, won my first try.

The last guy did his snake move, didn't even eat half my hp. These guys are easy as fuck.

NOW LUDWIG, FUCK THIS HORSE ASS MOTHERFUCKER.
>>
>>320331779
I've known two different types that have found her easy:

>leveled over 100
>Got the playtime glitch that was present on release.

80 is a bit low to make her completely trivial I think. I finished my first play through at like 65 or something and she took a -lot- of tries for me. Granted I had her down to 1% second try, then proceeded to die 15 times in a row, so my perception would be much different if I'd beaten her after 1 death.
>>
>>320331779

You were overlevelled. Fighting her at 45-55 is a pain in the ass because she can easily 1 shot you due to a lack of VIT.
>>
>>320332106
>Went flat skill without leveling any other stat

Well there's your fucking problem mate.

You realize there are only 2 Strength weapons (Wheel and Hammer) and 2 BT (Chikage and Reiter) pre-DLC?

Everything else is quality. You're meant to be more well rounded in this game, while still being allowed to focus a single stat if you want with a few easily obtainable weapons for any.

It's literally a strength of the game, not a flaw.
>>
>>320334562
What about the Axe, Holy Blade, Stake Driver, and all those other high strength and low skill scaling weapons you fagboy?
>>
>>320333529
>>320328860
All you gotta do is bait his crawl/handslam. He's open for like 3 hits after that.
>>
File: lies.jpg (40 KB, 453x576) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
40 KB, 453x576
>>320334763
>Holy Blade -literally B/B in strength skill, definition of quality weapon
>Axe B/D strength skill literally the equivalent of Sychthe which is D/B
>Stake Driver LITERALLY C/C Strength/Skill

Are you even trying, Anon?
>>
File: 1449847089111.jpg (628 KB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
1449847089111.jpg
628 KB, 3000x3000
>>320334763

>STR:
Whirligig Saw
Kirkhammer
Boom Hammer
Hunter Axe

>STR/ARC
Amygdalan Arm
Holy Moonlight Sword
Logarius' Wheel
Tonitrus

>STR/BLT
Bloodletter

>Quality:
Beast Claws
Beast Cutter
Ludwig's Holy Blade
Saw Cleaver
Saw Spear
Stake Driver

>SKL:
Beasthunter Saif
Blade of Mercy
Burial Blade
Church Pick
Rakuyo
Reiterpallasch
Threaded Cane

>SKL/BLT:
Chikage
Rifle Spear
Simon's Bowblade

>ARC:
Kos Parasite

This means there are 9 weapons which focus on STR and 10 that focus on SKL. The remaining 6 are quality weapons unless you count C strength scaling and D skill scaling as a 'strength weapon'

In conclusion, you're an idiot.
>>
>>320336447
If you wanna classify every weapon, you might want to throw Ludwigs under Arcane or at least partially so. It scales A with arcane, higher than either strength or skill.
>>
I just got the DLC, but my current character is level 145 (so high because I was going for the platinum trophy).

Will NG+ even this out or should I start a new character?
>>
>>320337851
You should be good, NG+ is a big spike in difficulty.
>>
>>320337851
you gon' die
>>
>>320337935
Awesome, thanks bud
>>
>>320337851
Even it out?

You're looking for it to be a challenge? I was 170 on NG+++++ and it was fairly challenging, if you want to burn through a few playthroughs (takes 3-4 hours each).

I bet you 145 would be fine on NG+++
>>
>>320338049
So start a new character then?

I never tried NG+ so I have no idea
>>
>>320338395
Nah, you can blow out a few NGs really easily at 145. Plus you'll have all the rocks to get new cool weapons to +10

I'd say playthroughs for sure.
>>
>>320337496

A lot of weapons have at least C or B scaling with arcane, but it's not really useful unless you specifically gem for it. The weapons filed under ARC are pretty much unusable if you don't build for ARC, with the exception of the Amygdalan Arm.
>>
>>320338516
Fair.

Though you'd be wrong on the Tonitrus then, I've seen pure strength builds work well with the Tonitrus.
>>
>>320333928
This is true. Fortunately I had a raging erection for Kirkhammer and knew I'd use it on my first build so I was able to have it for the whole game. But it sucks for a lot of those cool endgame weapons
>>
>>320338681

You can use Tonitrus with either pure STR or pure ARC but it's pretty underwhelming imo if you don't go for a good mix. No reason to use it over something like the Axe if you want to go pure strength.
>>
DLC is fucking beautiful. After that tunnel beside the Cathedral was such a great view
>>
>the you started the DLC on new game +5

Ludwig took two hours
Living failures took an hour (didn't know you could parry them)
Kos took FOUR FUCKING HOURS TO BEAT. FOUR

ALMOST BROKE THE FUCKING CONTROLLER.

beat Lawrence on the first try
>>
>>320339132
I also started DLC on NG+5 and Ludwig took me -6- hours. Failures and Maria took me ~2 attempts each, and Kos only took me 5-6 attempts but holy shit did Ludwig run train on me.
>>
File: 13123170239017.jpg (28 KB, 481x566) Image search: [Google]
13123170239017.jpg
28 KB, 481x566
Trying to get the fucking Rakuyo took more fucking tries than the fucking bosses, who the fuck approved the idea of giant fucking assholes who can grab you and eat you even if you have full health
>>
File: autistic-swedish-faggot.webm (2 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
autistic-swedish-faggot.webm
2 MB, 1200x675
>>320328378
>>
>>320330751
I admire your laziness.
>>
>>320340381
I don't understand how people can watch guys
Like this.
>>
>go through first playthrough not knowing how to summon or help bros
>start a new character
>summon and offer help for every boss I come up against
>summon bros for shadows of yharnam
>we fucking stunlock each and every one of them and parry them quite a few times

I'm lucky I didn't get the cops called on me for the raping I did to that boss.

I also enjoyed helping bros on Logarius. One summoning had me and the host backstabbing the poor guy consecutively.
>>
>>320330816
I think Gascoigne is harder than Gherman. Every time I've fought Gherman, he's been laughably easy.
>>
I had a hard time with them when I went for the caster first. After switching to the katana guy first, it was the easiest shit ever. I dont know why people recommend the caster first. His spells barely do any damage.
>>
>>320330816

>Ebrietas
>hard

plz
>>
>>320341378

be a spastic teen and you want to see adults who are also spastic so you feel more normal and being a teen is slightly less worse.

That's just my guess.
>>
>>320341708
Must be a NG+7 thing. I'm on NG4 and micolash who everyone calls a joke can rape you with a call beyond.
>>
>>320342465
I don't know what it is, most letplayers' voices greatly annoy me.
>>
File: 1337984440054.jpg (29 KB, 264x277) Image search: [Google]
1337984440054.jpg
29 KB, 264x277
>>320340381

>Those 30-60 second loading screens

Christ I nearly forgot about those

But really now
>Bold Hunter's Marks in quick select
>Using the torch in a brightly lit area
>Fighting the most aggressive of the three shadow of yarhars last
>Not locked on to the boss while fleeing
>Rolling like a mad cunt while under 10% stam
>Backing into a corner so the boss is free to wail on him
>Using the transformed Saw Cleaver
>Using the Saw Cleaver at all
I might not be a millionaire, but at least I'm gud
>>
Is it cool to help others with coop but kill bosses myself? I want to prove to myself I don't need no cooperator to carry me.
>>
>>320343205
>Literally asking 4chan if you're cool

Play how you fucking want.
>>
>>320336447
Don't Blades of Mercy scale with both SKL and ARC? It's the reason why you can't put bolt/fire paper on them.
>>
>>320343000
>taking shit about the saw clever
It destroys beasts, especially with fire gems, and it swings mad fast, FUCK you.
>>
>>320328860
beat laurence (and ludwig + failures) first try
under lv 70 with only mensies gems too
>>
>>320343385
But anon, how will we know he's hardcore?

>>320343567
Cursed?
>>
>>320336447
saying amy arm is str/arc is like saying BoM are skill/ arc
it's pure str

also hunters axe gets better returns from skill when you pass 25str so it's more quality
>>
>tfw summoning two guys to take out the boss for you while you sit in the corner

:^)
>>
>>320343669
>Cursed?
as in, are the gems cursed?
they're 19% ones from brains
>>
>>320328378
because it's the definition of artificial difficulty

one of them would be too easy, so they are 3 fags constantly attacking you from all sides, then when you have them almost down they spawn these fucking snakes that can reach the whole map because otherwise the fight would get easier and not harder.

doesn't help that almost the same guys show up later again as normal mobs when you kill them in 2 hits. Just poor boss design.
>>
I just beat that flea boss. Why is the sky so beautiful now?
>>
>>320344215
The Byrgenwerth Spider hides all manner of strange rituals.
>>
>>320343838
Yep, I have two of those after manning up and fighting the brain things, but they deplete Hp. Shit sucks.
>>
>>320344215
Behold! A pale blood sky!
>>
>>320344215

Something about a the moon princess stealing a baby probably
>>
>>320344026
Shadows are easy, parrying destroys them. You want to complain about gank bosses, look no further than the faggots in Shulva.
>>
>>320344215
>flea
Thought he was a lump of shit with eyes honestly.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.