[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what say you /v/ Did she Top Cloud's reveal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: bayo and cloud.jpg (197 KB, 1033x898) Image search: [Google]
bayo and cloud.jpg
197 KB, 1033x898
So what say you /v/

Did she Top Cloud's reveal?
>>
Not really since she was kind of expected in a way. Cloud was 100% balls to the wall out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1450220337862.png (322 KB, 479x358) Image search: [Google]
1450220337862.png
322 KB, 479x358
>>320319689
Nah,Cloud's been the dream ever since Brawl,when Sonic got in
But fuck me sideways if it wasn't hype as fuck
>>
File: 1425504551577.jpg (16 KB, 191x152) Image search: [Google]
1425504551577.jpg
16 KB, 191x152
I wasn't hype at all about Cloud
>>
Fuck yes.
>>
She didnt even come close.
>>
>>320319763
>Not really since she was kind of expected in a way
How? Most people considered her too inappropriate to be in Smash.
>>
>>320319689
Yea. Definitely.
>>
>>320319689
this cloud is much preferable to the remake cloud.
>>
>>320319689

not at all

cloud isn't even in any nintendo games and it's hilarious that nintendo are jewing for sony
>>
>>320320341
Smash is dead at this point. It was expected that they would nail the coffin shut with this shitty character.
>>
nah cloud came out of fucking nowhere I never in my wildest dreams would have thought about him even being a choice. He should have been the last reveal if you ask me but then again he is done while they're still working on literally who and bayo
>>
I have a Short hair fetish so yes
>>
Not quite because games protagonized by Bayo are available for Nintendo. The same cant be said about Cloud.
>>
>>320319763
Most were saying she was both very inappropriate since she gets almost naked and the fact that she uses bullets to attack.
>>
another anime swordsman ruined her reveal
>>
>>320319689
No. After Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive and Bayonetta 1 on Wii U letting you dress her up as various Nintendo characters, Bayonetta in Smash was pretty much expected as an eventuality.

Cloud on the other hand was completely out of left field. No one in a million years saw it coming and it still doesn't make much sense that it did. Solid Snake even made more sense.
>>
>>320319689
No one expected either of them. However, even as a Bayo fanboy I have to concede to Cloud's reveal as fans of FF7 had been clamoring for him the longest.

While Bayonetta was 100% unexpected, I know that Cloud in smash was a long time coming for other people.
>>
I didn't want Cloud nor Bayonetta, but fucking Corrin killed any hype that Bayonetta would have generated for me
>>
>>320320872
>100% unexpected
Not really, she had a game come out on the WiiU

All the arguments against her were "She's too sexy and uses guns."

Which are valid arguments mind you, but it never made her "100% unexpected" just "not likely."
>>
>>320319689
Not even in the same ball park.

Though to be fair that's not her fault. All hype was killed the moment they started the direct with another shameless advertisement FE character. Complete with cringeworthy voice acting and dialoge.
>>
>>320319689
>Did she Top Cloud's reveal?

No, and I don't think anything will ever top his reveal.
I fucking hate Cloud, but what made his reveal so great was that literally nobody expected it.
Before that reveal everyone would have argued about why Cloud would never be in the game, how he signified Square's departure from Nintendo, etc.

So seeing Cloud was a huge fucking "all bets are off now" moment.
Nothing will top that, unless Goku or Shrek was to make it into the game.
>>
>>320319689
I'm happier she got in than I was with Cloud.

But Cloud was extra surprising where Bayo was just normal surprising.
>>
>>320319689
She looks fucking mental to play with, I thought Ryu was crazy!
>>
>>320321615
BIG BROTHER
>>
>>320321626
>No, and I don't think anything will ever top his reveal.

Snake is still the tops, although Cloud you could argue is even with him. It wasn't even feasible at the time that someone like Snake would enter the game and the setup was picture perfect.
>>
>>320320341
What do you mean?
Her second game is a nintendo exclusive.
Clouds only made cameos on nintendo consoles.
>>
What kind of fucking neckbeard wants this bitch in their game she has hair and guns and shit its not even creative the inside of my asshole as hair but i dont think sakurai is gonna make a game out of it so why dont all you fuckers get out of your moms garage take a shower shave your greasy neckbeard and then lose some weight cause you fatasses are the reason we have to have another stupid chick in the game with a goddamn counter every fucking character has a counter are you seeing that shit but hers is a cunter cause shes a fucking bitch pussy and another thing why is everyone realistic now what happened to the days when we could just have a fun time with all our nintendo buddies but no we need another human ass human stinking up the joint wither her unwashed fucking jet black hair and her stupid tits fuck everyone on this subreddit who voted for bayonetta in the ballot shes not the number one realizable character because every time i imagine her in the game i want to blow my fucking brains out unless that whore witch wants to blow me first so thanks a lot you piece of shit neckbeard japanese assholes for filling our game with tall bitches and stages that are just a clock falling off a cliff forever and ever suck my dick and have a nice day but in reality have a shitty day you cocksuckers
>>
Bayonetta looks like she's going to be really, REALLY OP. I expect instant Tier 1 status.
>>
>>320321819
IS NOW
>>
No, because the shittiness of Corrin dampened her reveal.
>>
>>320319689
In terms of salt yes.
>>
>>320320597
Didn't Snake use all those explosives because they wouldn't let him use a gun?
>>
>>320321626
>Cloud got into Smash bros, a nintendo only series that never had FF7, and not Playstation allstars.

It's kinda funny.
>>
>>320319689
Hype died from corn, still hype tho.
>>
>>320321910
METAL GEAR?!
>>
>>320321910
BIG SISTER
>>
>>320321853
>It wasn't even feasible at the time that someone like Snake would enter the game and the setup was picture perfect.

Yeah, but you could have at least argued that Metal Gear began on the NES and Snake belonged to that world. Also, Twin Snakes was on Gamecube.
I think Snake is on the same level as Bayonetta.
Two characters that made sense, but seemed unlikely because they belonged to mature games.

There's no argument for Cloud, besides the vague argument that FF began on Nintendo and Cloud is now the most recognizable FF character and had a cameo in some kingdom hearts game on DS.

Cloud is the last person you would expect in a Nintendo game.
>>
>>320319689
Yes. Cloud's reveal made me shrug. Bayo's reveal made me physically ill.
>>
>>320322112
>Cloud was in Ehrgeiz, a PS1 fighting game but not in Playstation Allstars

Now I think that fact is actually funnier than the Smash thing.
>>
>>320322625
Go to the doctor and check if you have cancer.
>>
>>320319689
No, but I like her more than Cloud. Cloud was fucking from nowhere and also had "SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT DECEMBER 2015"
>>
File: 1443912403949.png (2 MB, 790x1850) Image search: [Google]
1443912403949.png
2 MB, 790x1850
Bayonetta's my favorite addition, and well deserving from a game that's one of the top reasons to own a Wii U.

But c'mon man, ain't nobody saw Cloud coming. The trailer and reveal were the ruse of the year by far, and made me question if this was real life.

Kamui/Corrin wasn't too surprising, but just meh. Bad voice-acting was hilarious, at least >>320322265
>>
>>320319689
In terms of shock value, no.
In terms of everything else, yes.
>>
>>320321189
>she had a game come out on the WiiU
That doesn't really mean anything, especially given low sales, the fact she was originally multiplat, as well as her low popularity.
The "Too mature" & "Too sexy" arguments were just the icing on the cake.
I also remember Wonder Red had more talk during the ballots over Bayo.

Cloud is an incredibly famous and iconic character, so his entry should at the least have been more expected than Bayo's.
>>
WHY IS CLOUD SO FUCKING STRONG? I'M DROPPIN NIGGAS AT 40%
>>
>>320322265
This increases my worry on the FE localization. God that was so bad.
>>
>>320323672
Ike's got nothing on Cloud at this point. The chocobo ass hair has more versatility and raw power at his disposal without being the chunky chunk slow that Ike is.
>>
>>320319689
>literally who reveal
>posterboy of JRPGs reveal

Gee i wonder.
>>
>>320319689
Considering I wanted her to get into the game, but never thought in a million years she would actually get into the game, yeah. She fucking topped it.
>>
>>320323919
He's like everything everyone wanted out of Ike and more.

Plus giving him an ability that's a superior version of Little Mac's KO punch is almost game breaking at this point.
>>
File: John-Cena-You-Cant-See-Me.jpg (12 KB, 400x248) Image search: [Google]
John-Cena-You-Cant-See-Me.jpg
12 KB, 400x248
>>320323919
This. Last Ike I fought couldn't even see me.
>>
Whatever goodwill they earned with Bayonetta was done away with by the Geno 'reveal'

Also
>no Snake
>no Ice Climbers
>no Goku

I mean hey, at least it wasn't fucking Minecraft shit though.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.