[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make it better? Here's what I would do. >>Allow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Make it better.jpg (531 KB, 2066x1460) Image search: [Google]
Make it better.jpg
531 KB, 2066x1460
How would you make it better? Here's what I would do.
>>Allow you to train your soldiers so they aren't just good in one skill, but multiple ones.
>>Send soldiers on missions, not just to destroy munitions, but AC:Brotherhood style missions that cross the world.
>>Give various weapons, not just one that has multiple attachments.
>>Bring some of your own soldiers on missions, not just the standard, which allows them to level up slightly in the combat stat
>>A.I not so retarded
>>Keifer speaks more
>>A better story in regards to the parasites
>>A few more buddies
Just some ideas.
>>
No need it's perfect.
>>
Why did you include those first 3 things OP? They're literally already in the game. I agree with being able to bring soldiers with you to act as backup though, maybe have some simple squad commands too. Having more buddies would've been great too. Man on Fire as a buddy would've been great.
>>
Everything you said is pretty much just slight improvements on instead of really adding anything

>Keifer speaks more
Venom is not big boss.

Why do you think BB talked so much in the beginning and Venom so little in the whole game.
They're different people.

Even when Venom was talking to snake in MG1 he still barely talked compared to BB in MG2.
>>
I said the first three because it doesn't feel like it impacts the game that much. It would be better if we could see it in action more if it's already there. Also, man on fire would be op buddy. Plus, I feel like their should also be like a assassins/special ops portion for mother base.
>>
Maybe give the game some decent level design. The AI is weak given all the shit you have at your disposal, but it wouldn't be such an issue if the level design and enemy placement were more focused on giving the player a tense sneaking experience (as in previous games, for the most part) than a sandbox to fuck around in.

But being a sandbox to fuck around in was kind of the objective of the game, so I realized a long time ago that it wasn't my bag.
>>
File: 200.gif (4 MB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
4 MB, 400x200
>>320315965
>>
>>320316732
More OP than Quiet, DDog or a fully upgraded DWalker? Nah. Man on Fire would fit right in. Only problem is that it probably wouldn't make sense canonically/story-wise. And all Diamond Dog operatives are basically spec-ops already, anon.
>>
File: ending.jpg (190 KB, 800x510) Image search: [Google]
ending.jpg
190 KB, 800x510
NO MOTHERFUCKING TWIST.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ, every developer nowadays seems to think that in order for a game's story to be good, it has to end in a way that will give M. Night Shyamalamadingdong a massive platinum erection. Newsflash: stories don't need twists every single time to be good. And if they do include twists they don't have to be mind-shattering revelations that completely rape your psyche.

They can be subtle, more nuanced, specific to one or two character interactions and so forth. You know what would have made MGS 5 a million times better in terms of story?

If it was just Snake falling to the dark side. Bam. That's it. No insipid prank at the end that reveals you're actually playing a self-insert because Kojima is obsessed with meta-story telling like a fucking hack.

Just let Anakin fall to the dark side so to speak. Let the gameplay speak for itself. No need to make Anakin the twin brother of a clone twice removed right before he gets charred to a crisp. MGS 5 should have ended either like pic fucking related or something else along those lines.
>>
>>320317261
Fuck off nuclear fag
>>
>>320317261
Why aren't you working for a company in games yet. Fucking thank you.
>>
>>320315695
Well for a start, I wish they're integrate these 'FOB Events' into the Open World maps rather than FOBs, they're boring.

Also role out content patches to fill up the Open World a bit more. More patrolling soldiers, vehicles, choppers flying between large bases.. etc
>>
>>320317261
agree.

And that fanfic ending was quite enjoyable
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.