[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking to get into the souls series, and I'm looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 47261659500.png (157 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
47261659500.png
157 KB, 500x309
I'm looking to get into the souls series, and I'm looking for advice

Do you need to play demon's souls to understand dark souls?

Which platform is best to play them on?

Are they as unforgiving and difficult as most people make them out to be, or is it just a meme?
>>
You need to play King's Field to understand Demon's Souls, and Demon's Souls to understand Dark Souls.
>>
>>320312198
Yes, you do need to play Demon's Souls to understand Dark Souls.

But nobody plays that shit to understand it so you're good.

>>320312449
No, you need to play King's Field to understand Armored Core. For real.
>>
>>320312714
You also need to play King's Field to understand Demon's Souls.
>>
>>320312198
No

Which ever

No, it was a marketing campaign the point is not to be difficult being difficult just happened to be one aspect of the design so they took that and ran with it
>>
>>320312198
play them in order. please man for the love of god dont be another misinformed jackass

you shall see the glory of DaS1, and then the b team shittiness of DaS2. only if you play the entire series in order, mark my words anon you will see.

but really dont use a guide either let the game flow naturally make your natural decisions and learn the game from your mistakes, youre in for one of the greatest RPG franchises ever enjoy baby ;)
>>
>>320312198
Play Dark Souls 1
ignore Dark Souls 2
play Demon's if you want
Bloodborne is cool but has nothing to do with Souls
>>
>>320312198
>Do you need to play demon's souls to understand dark souls?
No. There are a few references here and there, though.
>Which platform is best to play them on?
PC with a controller/DSfix, though the other consoles are fine.
>Are they as unforgiving and difficult as most people make them out to be, or is it just a meme?
Unforgiving, sure. The game really punishes you for making mistakes. Once you get the hang of the mechanics and do things carefully, you should be good.
>>
>>320313414
>>
>>320312198

>Are they as unforgiving and difficult as most people make them out to be, or is it just a meme?

No.

When I first went into it I remember thinking it would be LITERALLY impossible or damn close but there are way harder games out there ive played. its really not that bad once you learn the mechanics and stuff. you should play either demons or dark souls first. now go have some fun.

sidenote: the game may feel kind of weird and different at first and I can think of a lot of people I know who tried it once and hated then came back a second time later and loved it.
>>
>>320312198
You don't need to, personally I found Dark Souls easier to get into than Demons Souls.

Might as well play them all on PlayStation if you have one so the controller memory transfers over to Bloodborne. Also, there's a good community and no hackers.

Not unfair, but if you fuck up the game will capitalize on it. If you prepare for battles and use caution you should be fine.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.