[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There will never be a good open world space RPG >You will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 57.jpg (142 KB, 700x1009) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
142 KB, 700x1009
>There will never be a good open world space RPG
>You will never have to choose whether to put points into Melee to win the duel against the Glorbulan king or diplomacy to solve the Zarblaxian Civil War
>You will never have to choose between plasma cannons and inferior-but-cheaper laser turrets
>You will never have a crew of randomly-generated human officers with a few aliens thrown in for flavor
>You will never just fuck off and randomly encounter some space pirates who have a quest to rescue the kidnapped space president's daughter
>You will never get to customize your ship to use Jetsons aesthetics, Aliens aesthetics, Star Wars aesthetics, or iPod aesthetics
>You will never have space wars against psychic super advanced aliens, bug aliens, and slug aliens
>>
>>320308505
isnt this basically Mass Effect??

I mean... I've never played that game, but biofags seem to think it's the pinnacle of storytelling
>>
>Open World
>Good
Pick one and only one, OP.
>>
what the fuck is "ipod aesthetics" for a spaceship?

Do you mean that shit like "I Robot" where the future looks like it's made of white plastic?
>>
>>320309223
Obviously. What is even the point of your post.
>>
>>320308935
Mass Effect isn't really open world.
>>
>>320309482
secretly hoping you would provide a longer list of things with that aesthetic.
>>
>>320308935
Despite it's flaws ME is a pretty good series. However, compared to what OP describes, it's linear and limited as fuck.
Essentially he wants Ur-Quan Masters + Space Rangers + proper rpg elements.

And he probably wants good graphics as well.

I don't think that any existing developer is capable of doing this and delivering at a good level of quality. Budget would be through the roof, and development would take quite a long time.
>>
>>320309689
Wall-E
>>
>>320309762
How did we go so wrong that the better technology we get the less we can do with it?
>>
>>320308935
I think it's more like a Bethesda game set in a universe like Mass Effect, which would definitely be interesting.

Mass Effect has good storytelling, but it all falls apart in the third game.
>>
>>320308505
No Mans Sky?
>>
>>320309689
Oblivion
>>
>>320310131
People expect graphical fidelity. Making more detailed characters, environments and props takes more time.
You either get good graphics and barebones gameplay (i.e. modern AAA), or you get no graphics and complex gameplay (DwarfFort).

Then there are indie devs who can barely code or make art, so they release 2d pixelated platformers.
>>
>>320308935
ME is linear as fuck, its completely obvious from even the first game.
>>
File: Eww.gif (488 KB, 284x210) Image search: [Google]
Eww.gif
488 KB, 284x210
>>320308505
>Plasma
>Better than lasers
>Plasma being used as a weapon in general in scifi settings

No.
>>
>>320310606
>get refresher
>steal 3 ults
>>
>>320312219
Why wouldn't plasma get used?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.