[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overall why does /v/ hate his/her inclusion? Without the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: 1435965336650.png (66 KB, 240x262) Image search: [Google]
1435965336650.png
66 KB, 240x262
Overall why does /v/ hate his/her inclusion? Without the following if possible

>Took a slot on the roster
>Another swordsman
Actually uses more his/her dragonstone, similar to how Robin uses tomes
>Shitty personality
Corrin's personality is similar to Japanese Marth, not willing to fight due to his ides but developing as the Fire Emblem carrier regardless
>Worst FE representative
He/She is advertisement for a developing portable console game like Roy, it was bound to happen again sadly
>>
>>320305849
she is an advertisement for FE Fates anon
but hey it's FE's 25th Anniversary so I'll excuse it.
>>
File: 1407210402472.png (78 KB, 660x540) Image search: [Google]
1407210402472.png
78 KB, 660x540
BECAUSE OP'S A FAGGOT
>>
I think there are enough threads about this subject on the catalog that you can fuck right off.
>>
>>320305994
s-sorry
>>
>>320305849
Hi Bae
>>
>>320305849
You see here's the thing, while Marth might not have been gunho about the whole scenario he was thrust into, at the very least we didn't see him a wet noodle like Corrin is in his supports. Namely because the first few games didn't have supports at all.
>>
They're not an advertisement, the game is out and successful.

Are they useful for marketing? Yes. But I think the intention is more for grabbing huge amounts of DLC yen due to the game's popularity in Japan.
>>
>>320306210
Makes sense, as Marth's story explains how he fled his nation to prepare himself mentally, unlike Corrin's "why does everyone fight :(" way of approaching the enemy
>>
>>320306218
>the game is out and successful.
Not for America. Corrins Release is near the US release of Fates.
>>
>>320305849
>Why does FE hate this character except for these reasons
Because no-one wanted another FE character, especially one that they couldn't even play as in their own game yet without hacking or importing.
>>
>>320305849
>Worst FE representative
No fuck you, that one is legitimate
Disregarding that
>hugeass stunball of fuck you
>remember when recovery problems were a thing? yeah me neither
>counter that hits from both sides
>that forward smash jesus christ
And I'm willing to bet she'll have the standard lack of any endlag standard for most dlc characters or an early killthrow because fuck it why not, at this point.
>>
>>320306790
>no-one wanted another FE character
False.
>>
>>320306681

Corrin and Bayonetta have a similar timetable for release. This is probably because they were both influenced by ballot votes (Kamui being a popular choice in Japan).
>>
I can't speak for everyone but it's just to much for me. I don't really mind any of the FE reps but 6 of them, really? Meanwhile seires like DK/Wario/metroid/advanced wars, get shit on or get no reps at all. I also get the marketing angle but, come on.
>>
>>320306797
That will never be legitimate in a roster where Roy and Lucina are present.
>>
>>320307179
hmm, that is true.
>>
I hope the next smash is only FE characters.
>>
if the roster weren't already oversaturated it would be fine. if it were only marth and ike it'd be fine. but with lucina, robin, & roy too? get the fuck out of here
>>
>>320305849
>expert on shit
You are obscenely the biggest faggot from today.
>>
>>320305849
Because they're an ad. At least when Roy was used to advertise his unreleased game in Melee he was so bad he turned into a joke character
>>
>>320307174
Damn that's right, really cool series like DK and Zelda are underrepresented just because of the quantity of other's, and some of Zelda's are magic based, which would make cool additions to the cast
>>
>>320307174
None of them, save for DK, had any recent releases. Right now, FE popularity is steadily increasing. If going by current positive Japanese reaction to Fates, it could very well be a bigger hit than Awakening in the west.
>>
>>320306218
>They're not an advertisement, the game is out and successful.

Well everything is an advertisement. It doesn't matter about Fates already being a big hit in Japan, or Awakening already being the best selling entry in the series. Media presence ensures longevity.

It doesn't hurt that Fates has yet to make its American and European debut though, and Corrin being more than just a swordsman with lopsided stats and counter will help distinguish them in the long run.
>>
>>320305849
Who?
>>
>>320305849

>what are the reasons you don't like this inclusion
>try not to mention the reasons you don't like it though

Better roster choice than Lucina at least. Remember when there were plenty of roster spots to go around and we didn't feel like we had to complain about '100% Marth without the tipper'?
>>
The problem is that it's another FE character, but Corrin is cute and she looks fun to play as so I'm okay with it.

Corrin seems more like a Smash 5 character imo.
>>
I've been so careful trying to avoid FE Fates spoilers

Why would they do this to me
>>
Fucking
FE characters. Why?
>>
>>320308925
It's a panty quest RPG, who cares
>>
>>320308925
What fucking spoilers? The sword that gets upgraded? The dragon transformation we already knew about?
>>
>WHY DOES /V/ HATE THIS CHARACTER? OH EXCEPT DON'T GIVE ME ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BILLION LEGIT REASONS

Daddy should have pulled out.
>>
>>320309189
The sword is a spoiler.
>>
I can't get hype for a character that

- I have to pay for
- is from a game that I can't even play yet, even more so she'll probably be out here before the game is here
- is from a series with heavy representation already

Corrin actually looks like a cool character mechanically but that's not enough for me to be willing to throw money at her. If she was in the base game, I'd absolutely be interested, but yeah.

Also I'm unsure if I even want to buy Fates in the first place because of the double version horseshit.
>>
>>320305849
-It's an Ad
-It's another swordsman
-It's another mute player-char from FE
Corrin is also a dumb fucking name, dumber than Robin but at least it's better than Reflet
>>
>>320309942
>It's another mute player-char from FE

But none of the FE characters are mute. Even Mute Robin is a joke option.
>>
>>320305849
>using the advertisement / Roy excuse
Nigga that was in a game with a whopping total of two Fire Emblem characters, we didn't need a 6th one

Reminder that Fire Emblem now has as many representatives as Pokemon has, and 3/6 of them are Marth
>>
>>320309654

Its about as much as a spoiler as the Master Sword. The main sword wielding Lord always gets a legendary sword at some point in Fire Emblem. It has happened in all 14 games.
>>
File: stupidesttactician.jpg (142 KB, 732x800) Image search: [Google]
stupidesttactician.jpg
142 KB, 732x800
>>320305849

>Took a slot on the roster
>Another swordsman

Pretty much. A Fates rep isn't really surprising, but I would rather see someone like Aqua or Camilla to at least try and mix-it up a bit with the all the FE reps.

The former could probably still keep the dragon-form gimmicks, even if she's official worst girl.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.