[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, just a legit question. Did Microsoft/Rare turn down Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
So, just a legit question.

Did Microsoft/Rare turn down Nintendo?

How did Banjo not happen?

I mean, I'm not upset, Bayonetta looks pretty cool.

But I am curious about what might have gone down. Is Banjo just not possible?
>>
>>320299314
Gotta save something for Sma5h
>>
NX is still happen.

have patience.
>>
>>320299314
Phil Spencer was on board. Who knows what happened.
>>
Because the latest game was fucking shit
Because the latest nintendo game was a shitty racing game on the GBA
Because Nintendo did something smart for a change and listened to Europe instead of fucktarded americans.
BECAUSE IT'S FROM MICROSOFT THEY WON'T ASK FOR THAT SHIT BACK AFTER THEY SOLD IT
But more importantly.
BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING WESTERN CHARACTER THAT DID JACK SHIT FOR JAPAN IN THE N64 DAYS SO LITERALLY *NO ONE* CARES ABOUT THEM
>>
>>320299686
Banjo didn't get enough votes.

Bayonetta was #1 in Europe and #5 in US.
>>
File: DH.jpg (63 KB, 1275x715) Image search: [Google]
DH.jpg
63 KB, 1275x715
Because he was already in Smash.
>>
>>320299686
>someone tweets "yeah sure it'd be neat"
>people treat it as if that means "yes without a doubt in fact i am personally in charge of porting over the assets and such and we will have this done within a month god bless"
>>
>>320299779
>implying anyone gives a shit about Corrin
>>
>>320300002
Who was first in the US?
>>
>>320300197
Japs love Fire Emblem and they're marketing Fates hard.
They did this in Melee and Brawl already.
>>
>>320300352
Snake
>>
>>320300352
no one knows.
Probably some non vidya game character
>>
I doubt Nintendo took the Banjo votes seriously :(
>>
>>320299314
Didn't get enough votes. People would have voted for who they thought was possible, Banjo wasn't seriously on the cards until Cloud was announced.
>>
>>320300352
a burger with fries and a drink assist trophy
>>
>>320299314
FUCK BANJO AND MICROSOFT!
Im going for yooka-laylee
>>
WAIT TIL SMASH 5
>>
>>320300890
I'd main ATHF
>>
>>320300995
THERE WON'T BE A SMASH 5
>>
>>320300352
Cloud
>>
>>320301118
Dude, you are a fucking IDIOT if you don't think Smash 5 is going to be a reality. It might not have Sakurai, but that shit IS happening. And it's probably going to be on NX.
>>
>>320301118
>Nintendo not milking one of their best selling series for more sequels

Sure, it will be all touch and gesture controls since the NX is basically a smartphone hub, but it will happen.
>>
>>320299314
Sakurai is a fucking biased faggot
I wish he had died instead of Deadiwata
>>
>>320301310
The narrator even said "we hope to see all of the characters in upcoming titles". Something like that.
>>
>>320299314
BTFO to the Banjo supporters who were seriously deluded enough to believe that Nintendo was willing to put a western 1st party IP from Microsoft into the game.
>>
>>320300195

MS ported Minecraft when working with Nintendo. People thought it might happen. More than likely it's going to be Smash 5 till it happens.
>>
File: GruntyDingpot.png (36 KB, 200x100) Image search: [Google]
GruntyDingpot.png
36 KB, 200x100
>>320299314

I see you want a bear and bird,
To me the prospect is absurd!
Looks like your hopes have took a thump,
Leaving you with a damaged rump!
>>
FEELS FUCKING GOOD MAN

Based sak said fuck you to indie and banjo trash poll spammers
>>
>>320301454
It was worded to be vague enough to sound like their own individual titles / Smash 5.

But of course there will be a Smash 5. Whether Sakurai is involved who knows but there will be a Smash 5.
>>
>>320301454
>we hope to see all the characters in upcoming titles
thought that was just in games in general about them
but if it is about smash, there is no fucking way they would get everyone in
the character list for this game is too big and impossible to top
>>
File: tumblr_mxujeeiW2O1seuch9o1_500.gif (471 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxujeeiW2O1seuch9o1_500.gif
471 KB, 500x372
>>320301674
lmaooo fuck you
>>
>>320301118
Smash will live on as long as Nintendo lives on. Although Sakurai probably won't direct the future games, the only reason he made Brawl and SSB4 was because Iwata personally requested him to (and that's not going to happen anymore).
>>
>>320302405
>(and that's not going to happen anymore).
Depends how superstitious Sakurai is.
>>
>>320302921
>Sakurai sees director fucking smash up
>"no, nuh-uh, get the fuck out of here, you're doing this all wrong."
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.