[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your vidya rituals? I play Yakuza 2 occasionally turning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1450016163424.jpg (112 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1450016163424.jpg
112 KB, 1280x853
What are your vidya rituals?

I play Yakuza 2 occasionally turning dxtory on for some nice sequences to montage for webms in the future. I play it for half an hour on average, then I do my Japanese reps or pushups, then continue.

I play practice mode of SF2 just doing moves and combos.

I dabble with Castlevanias trying to master some advanced techniques and imagine I'm thinner.
>>
I boot up the original Deus Ex from time to time and play without saving until I die to see how far I get.
>>
>>320280710
play a run or two of Receiver before starting a new big game.
>>
Sometimes I'll start playing a game. After a while I might stop and go do something else.
>>
>>320280710
name
>>
who is this semen demon
>>
>>320282703
But Deus Ex gameplay is pretty shit

I did notice that the games you can boot up and go without fiddling with useless crap tend to be more entertaining even when they have glaring flaws. I like to fire up Binding of Isaac despite having ton of complaints about its design.

If I were to design a game I'd make sure that the time from boot-up to start of gameplay would be as short as possible.
>>
>>320280710
>What are your vidya rituals?

Whenever there's some cutscene... I just put my controller down and lift some weights while watching the cutscene.

Been working out decently since Yakuza 5 has lots of cutscenes or auto talking parts..
>>
What emulation settings do you use for Yakuza 2 OP?
>>
File: A lonely Day.jpg (251 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
A lonely Day.jpg
251 KB, 1920x1080
I love smoking weed during atmospheric times in games.
>Sitting down at a campfire of stalkers chatting and playing guitar.
>Just finished wiping out the bloodsucker village.
>Take a relaxing toke.
>Listen to some tunes.
>Go back to stalkan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By1b2GLzDUA
Vid related.
>>
>>320285540
>But Deus Ex gameplay is pretty shit
I wasn't gonna bite, but the AI is designed to make every playstyle you go with funny and viable; that's what makes me come back to it so much.
>>
>>320288263
AI is decent but really nothing special, given their sight range, reactions and the like. MGS was already out by this time so it's not even top notch by standards of the period.

I don't see why you have to 'bite', I'm not baiting you, I really thing that Deus Ex core gameplay is shit, both stealth wise, action wise and overall gameplay is pretty lacking. It's a good game as a mishmash of good ideas and atmosphere.
>>
>>320288470
I'd never received a 'serious' answer from people claiming DX was shit in any given aspect, that's why.

And what I meant wasn't that the AI was top notch (it certainly isn't), just that's in the perfect point to go with whichever weapons you feel like using.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.