[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would you pay for this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Sony-Morpheus-640x353.jpg (22 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Morpheus-640x353.jpg
22 KB, 640x353
How much would you pay for this? For the sake of argument lets assume Eve Valkyrie is available at launch.
>>
For PSVR?
0 bux.

For functional VR in general, with some killah apps? 500bux max?
>>
>>320278052
>bux
>killah

End yourself
>>
Oh hey this thread again
>>
File: 1350069420221.png (117 KB, 482x484) Image search: [Google]
1350069420221.png
117 KB, 482x484
>>320277872
I'm not buying into 1st generation wearables, but I'm 100% positive that within 2-4 more revisions they will be ready to completely replace my current PC displays, plus they'll be able to be used for AR, to replace smartphone/tablet, etc.

At that point I'd be willing to pay something reasonable, like up to $3800 or so, for a high quality upgrade with full res (at least 5120x3200 but preferably more like 7680x5760), 10 or 12 bit color, etc. If retinal projection tech is ready that'd be preferable.

If I'm forced to compromise and get something lesser due to the above not being ready yet but I needed it for some reason, I'd want to pay less. But as soon as wearable displays are in a good state my wallet is ready.
>>
>>320277872
$0, going for oculus or vive
>>
0, i already own a Rift.
>>
File: 1263958097426.jpg (12 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
1263958097426.jpg
12 KB, 426x304
>>320277872
>Eve Valkyrie
>Eve
That game kind of irritates me because as far as I can tell it literally has nothing whatsoever to do with EVE at all. It's like "Command & Conquer: Generals" which was actually a pretty fun game, but it wasn't fucking "Command & Conquer" at all. They just slapped the name on for marketing purposes. This seems like the CCP version, they have exactly one thing they've done okay with, they're too retarded nowadays to actually expand on the main thing in any real way anymore, so they're busy trying to use the branding in mostly unrelated areas.

At least Dust 514 in principle leveraged the connection a little, even if in practice they were too incompetent to make it work and still have this utterly fucking retarded obsession with planet shit rather then vidya. But Valkyrie? I don't even see a handwave accept as an excuse to be extra lazy with ship models and world building.

I played EVE for 7 years and still have an attachment to the universe even if the wasted potential eventually became too much for me, but I don't see how this thing looks promising at all or why you'd use it as a positive argument for some hardware.
>>
>>320280041
>but I don't see how this thing looks promising at all or why you'd use it as a positive argument for some hardware.

I was using it because at least it seems to be something approaching decent.

I've not played EVE so don't have any sentimental attachment to the name. I can take Valkyrie for what it is at face value. It looks ok, and probably much more fun if its your first experience of VR.

Obviously the VR is dead from the start if all of the software is complete shit. who the fuck wants to play Rez?
>>
File: WeebShit.jpg (1 MB, 2502x1290) Image search: [Google]
WeebShit.jpg
1 MB, 2502x1290
>>320277872
up to 400€
my guess would be around 350€ though

pretty hyped
>>
>>320277872
>implying you can run satisfying VR games on a console
It will all be gimmicky Wii shit. The platforms simply aren't powerful enough.
>>
>>320277872
Valkyrie's coming with Rift preorders too.

Besides, I don't own or want a ps4 because I know how to pc.
>>
Upto $400 if it works alright, I'd wanna try it first.

I'd only buy it if it had significant Japanese game support too.
>>
So, will this thing give you brain tumours? Does it heat up after prolong use?
>>
>>320284571
>So, will this thing give you brain tumours?
No, it might fuck up your eyesight in the longrun though.
>>
>>320284783
This. We need someone to bring forth the cyber eye age now while VR is in its infancy.
>>
>>320284783
Except it won't when using a lense
>>
>>320284783
I guess you weren't here the 1000th other times somebody claimed that.

The lenses shift the focus to 'infinity' and you're moving your eyes more to look at different distances in it. It's actually healthier than a 2D monitor by far.
>>
>>320278994
>I'd be willing to pay something reasonable, like up to $3800 or so
>reasonable
>$3800

I'm not sure if that'd be considered reasonable to most people, anon, poorfags aside.
>>
>>320286943
I'm a poorfag and I'd pay that much for neural implant VR.

Not a fucking headset though.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.