[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shit that bugs you in vidya.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7
File: the fuck.png (344 KB, 343x381) Image search: [Google]
the fuck.png
344 KB, 343x381
>RPG
>can't afflict bosses with status ailments
>>
File: bird rampage.gif (3 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
bird rampage.gif
3 MB, 250x188
>Boss' entire gimmick is that he summons minions that he can eat to regain health
>Gotta kill the minions fast of course
>Accidentally paralyze one
>Boss eats the minion
>Boss is paralyzed for the rest of the fight

Strange Journey is so fun.
>>
Curious that you post dragon quest, a series where you can inflict status effects on bosses.
>>
>>320276965

>RPG
>effective against tanks and soft targets with the same ammo
>>
>Boss has hundreds of thousands of HP and and several powerful attacks
>Get boss as a party member later
>only has a few thousand HP and none of the powerful attacks
>>
>>320278272
Rarely and with very varying results on what works and what doesn't.
>>
File: RIP-AND-TEAR.jpg (170 KB, 499x670) Image search: [Google]
RIP-AND-TEAR.jpg
170 KB, 499x670
>>320276965
>Any vidya
>Protag can't shut the fuck up and comment the obvious on everything during gameplay

Holy shit, I know what the fuck I have to do, you don't need to keep explaining to me the obvious, game!
>>
File: comic264.png (358 KB, 650x1554) Image search: [Google]
comic264.png
358 KB, 650x1554
>>320280665
>Protag can't shut the fuck up and comment the obvious on everything during gameplay
>And it's not just the protag
>>
File: i-177.jpg (619 KB, 1448x2048) Image search: [Google]
i-177.jpg
619 KB, 1448x2048
>>320276965
>land ailments on boss enemy
>proceed to use skill that nukes enemies with ailments
>>
>spikes
>>
>>320279220
you do not really need the hp, but for fucks sake, take Magus from CT for example, he did not even have the absorb thing
>>320281070
this is why DD was even more annoying
>>
>>320281501
Yeah, it's not really the hp that's the problem, it's the "LOOK AT ALL THESE KICK ASS SPELLS AND ABILITIES I HAVE!" and then having none of them when they become a party member.

On that note
>Boss has a transformed state
>Can't transform after becoming a party member
>>
>The player or enemies have access to mechanics that their opposition does not despite having the same equipment, classes and stats
why
>>
>>320281281
Fuck having to use ailments on bosses to get rare drops. Only thing I don't really like about EO.
>>
>>320282526
If I happen to get a conditional drop without trying to I consider it a happy accident, otherwise getting them is part of the postgame completionist grind that I may or may not bother with. I don't think there's anything really wrong with it though.
>>
>JRPG
>Random encounters with no way to cut back on them
Bonus points for backtracking to earlier levels where you'll still encounter the lv1 rats.
>>
File: CVd0EIfXIAIuKjS.jpg (44 KB, 599x698) Image search: [Google]
CVd0EIfXIAIuKjS.jpg
44 KB, 599x698
>Having to kill yourself in order to get the good/true ending
>>
>>320282926
>random encounters
>overworld/dungeon music starts from the beginning after the battle

I had almost forgotten how annoying this was until I played some of the pre-gen IV Pokémon.
>>
>>320282526
But thats what formaldehyde are for you imbecile. Even so though...
>not building a well rounded team that has every ailment/bind/elemental/physical aspect covered.
>>
>>320282310
I'm so looking forward to enemies being able to partner up in FE: Fates.
>>
>>320284558
This really pisses me off when the background music is actually good.
>>
>>320276965
>regular enemies die too quickly for status ailments to be useful
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.