[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New 3DS XL gaems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: hardware-blank.png (295 KB, 470x503) Image search: [Google]
hardware-blank.png
295 KB, 470x503
Getting a New 3DS XL this Christmas. What should I play first? I'm not into JRPGs or Pokemon.

It's my first Nintendo console.
>>
>not into jrpgs
>bought a 3ds
you fucked up anon
>>
>>320274026
>I'm not into JRPGs
Then why are you even considering a handheld?
>>
>>320274026
3DS has too many games to recommend.
>>
Get one with 9.2 or lower and play everything.
>>
>>320274026
MH4U
MH3U
RE:Revelations
Mario Kart 7
Super Smash Bros
TLOZ - A Link Between Worlds
Castlevania - Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate if you can handle the unskippable cinematics, its actually pretty enjoyable
Shantae an the Pirate's Curse
Castle Conqueror Defender e-shop game, pretty fun if you're into Tower Defense style games
>>
>>320274026
Shovel Knight
Smash Bros
Majora's Mask
>>
>>320274209
>>320274215
Well, technically, I've never played a JRPG before so.. yeah. I might like it tho, who knows..

From Nintendo, I'm more interested in the Mario, Donkey Kong and Leged of Zelda universes.
>>
Well, if you are not into pokemon and JRPG, it will leave you with little to no choises. The greatest games are Monster Hunter (be sure to buy a circlepad) Pokemon (give it a try, there is a reason this chan has a fucking board for it), Luigis mansion, Phoenix Wright series (a must play), and 999 with zero's last escape. Its a very japanese console. Dont bother with it if you do not intent to play anything japanese.
>>
>>320274664
you dont need a CPP for Monster Hunter, retard.
>>
>>320274664
>get a circle pad
>is getting a N3DS

This is a new level or retarded.
>>
Dementium
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil Rev

That's really all I can think of. It plays DS games so get 999 and Ghost Trick. Even better, go return it and buy a used PSP and install CFW.

CFW PSP is the greatest handheld ever.
>>
>>320274026

> not into JRPGs

Well, time to sell your 3DS
>>
Mario 3D Land
A bit easy, but it's still very good for a Handheld Mario. It's very enjoayble and has everything a good mario title needs. If you want to get into mario, it's a good starting point.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
2D Jump and Run at it's finest. A bit hard at times, but never unfair.

Zelda Ocarina of Time
I replayed it a few months ago and it's still amazing. Seriously. If you haven't played it, I'd say this is the game you should start with. Otherwise, it's still nice for a comfy replay session.

Zelda Majoras Mask
Not quite as good a OoT in my opionion but still very good.

Zelda A Link Between Worlds
If you want a 2D Zelda, this is the one for you. Many dungeons, many ideas, it's just great.

Luigi's Mansion 2
Very underrated in my opinion. Good length (12-15 hours if you ask me), very diverse gameplay. Feels a bit like metroid light.

Mario Kart 7
It's Mario Kart. If you don't have another Mario Kart, it's a must have.

Smash Bros
Same as Mario Kart. If you don't plan to buy a Wii U plus the Wii U version, this is a must have (if you dont hate the concept to begin with). Online is fun.

Xenoblade
You're getting a New 3DS, so why not checking out the only exclusive so far? I just played through it and it's very solid, even if the graphics are not quite as good as the Wii Version. It still looks good on the little screen. If you should ever plan to get into JRPGs, this is a perfect starting point. 50+ hours, great adventure feeling, looooooots of content.

Star Fox 64 3D
You can play through this one in about an hour, but it has a good replayability.

Fire Emblem
Maybe try out one of the older fire emblems on an emulator. If you like these, you will probably like this one. Very good Strategy game with lots of waifus, if you're into that.

Professor Layton
They're all similar. If you like to solve some puzzles and enjoy a comfy story, you might enjoy it.
There are still more, but these are some of the essentials. Good choice with the 3DS.
>>
>>320275792
>recommending that piece of shit SM3D Land
fucking disgusting, kill yourself immediately
>>
>>320276080
Why though? It's a good game. As I said, it's a bit easy and hasn't the quality of a galaxy, but I think it's cool to have a good 3D Mario (that isn't a remake) on a handheld. I don't think that it's much worse than 3D World.

Anyway OP, other people don't seem to like 3D Land as much as I do, so maybe take this recommendition with a grain of salt.
>>
>>320276424
Super Mario 64 DS exists, and the 3DS can play DS games.

And its infinitely better than that garbage heap 3D land, despite what some retards on here think about the DS controls.
>>
File: Smashing.gif (285 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
Smashing.gif
285 KB, 500x293
>>320276080
It's not a terrible game, it's a good game for a 3DS title. It's pretty enjoyable and has some challenge towards the end. I would recommend 3D World for the Wii U, but anon is getting a 3DS. Also get Kid Icarus: Uprising, the controls aren't as bad as people make them out to be. I have thoroughly enjoyed the game start to finish
>>
>>320276874
I still don't see why 3D Land is so shit, but anyway, I agree regarding 64 DS. It controls just fine and yeah...it's Mario 64 so you should give it a shot too, OP.
>>
>I'm not into JRPGs or Pokemon

Then don't get one.
>>
>>320277890
>get a vita instead
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.