[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KOTOR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: KotOR_Cover.png (662 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
KotOR_Cover.png
662 KB, 768x960
>finally start playing kotor because of star wars hype and everyone saying how good it is
>first planet has humans being "racist" to aliens in a hamfisted social issue that doesn't exist in star wars

Does this get any better or does Bioware have no understanding of the source material?
>>
It's a bad game
>>
>>320271562
Racism towards non-humans was firmly established in Star Wars lore before KOTOR. Bioware isn't to blame for that one.
>>
File: 1449688043005.jpg (15 KB, 287x277) Image search: [Google]
1449688043005.jpg
15 KB, 287x277
>>320271562
>no understanding of the source material?

There is no source material for this, it was an original story
>>
>>320271562
Old Bioware was alright, you're reading too far into it. Xenophobia has always been a thing in Star Wars and it makes for a more interesting setting with all the aliens crushed underneath the humans on Taris.
>>
I got drunk and used some free Google Play credit to buy the mobile version. I've played KotOR tons of times, but it seems like it won't work well on mobile.
>>
>>320271562
Carth is bothered by you

Probably because you're making an issue out of a non-issue yourself
>>
>>320271806
>firmly established

Where? In SW, the conflict has always been between ideologies, classes and social status.

>>320272149
It's not a non issue if it breaks immersion. The moment I saw it I went "oh fuck, Bioware is going to shove social messages in here for no reason".
>>
>>320271879
Humans =White
Xenos = "minorities"
>>
>>320272149
fucking Carth. He's always bitching about something, I swear to god. I'm always glad as soon as a I get Jolee Bindo and HK-47. Really lightens the mood
>>
The first fucking star wars movie has a "we don't serve your kind here" line, are you kidding me? Piss off you autist. And play the fucking game before cutting it and stomping over to /v/
>>
Didn't the Empire have a humanity over aliums stance because Lucas modeled them after Nazzees? Wouldn't be impossible for it to crop up as an issue in the Old Republic, but this is Star Wars and video games we're talking about so the shit is bound to be hamfisted and silly regardless.
>>
God damn son, 2015 has ruined your brain. You're mentally ill.
>>
>>320272454
>It's not a non issue if it breaks immersion. The moment I saw it I went "oh fuck, Bioware is going to shove social messages in here for no reason".
It's really only that one planet, iirc.
And it does make sense that there is some racism going on, though rare.
>>
>>320271562
it gets better, taris is by far the shittiest planet in the game
>>
File: 1444610866022.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1444610866022.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
>>320274243
>it gets better

FUCK YOU AND YOUR SJW SHIT FROM A DECADE AGO BIOWARE GAMING RUINED FOREVER
>>
>>320274243
That's not Dantooine Anon.
>>
>>320272454
>breaks immersion
If you honestly believe that any world, even a fantasy based one, could exist with absolutely no xenophobia or discrimination, you're fooling yourself, especially if humans are involved.
>>
Hey everybody I'm Shamus
-I'm Josh
-I'm Rutskarn
-I'm Mumbless
-and I'm Chris!

and we're playing just what it says on the tin!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djbVxrOmKHU

>JUST
THIS IS THE MOST JUST FUCKING
FUCK THESE PEOPLE
I HATE THEM SO MUCH
FUCK THEM FOR RAPING THIS GAP
LITERALLY DSP TIER
>>
Are you triggered by racism?
>>
>>320274243
>>320271562

A couple of fucking faggots in this thread.

Taris is an incredible tutorial planet. The idea of being behind enemy lines as two soldiers in an unstable alliance with one goal, which is to find the jedi, the last hope of winning the war. Shit's fantastic and the only other planet to be as good is Korriban.

The planet ranking is:

Korriban
Taris
Tattooine
Dantooine
Kashyyk
Manaan
>>
>>320271562
Are we talking about the Sith Military assholes or that one crazy doomsday preacher.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6275575
>>
>>320275996

wow the generalizations.

>this is the first bioware game
>this is THE western rpg

are you fucking kidding me nigger
>>
>>320276180

Manaan has the best music though.
>>
>>320276512
it pretty much is fgt
>>
Just got back from seeing the new star wars, had a premier critic invite to the first showing

kylo ren is leah's/han solo's son

han solo dies from kylo ren stabbing him in the chest with his lightsaber

kylo ren is setup as this trilogies vader but reversed roles son is evil, parents are good
>>
>best planet
Korriban

>worst planet
Tatooine

>best grill
Bastila

>best class
Jedi Consular
>>
>>320276180
Glad you like Taris but I gotta fix some shit

Taris
Dantooine
Kashyyyk
Tatooine
Manaan
Rakata
Korriban
>>
>>320277690
>Korriban worst planet
Dude. Just no. How can you have taste this bad?
>>
>>320273163
This nigga gets it best team after hk and t3
>>
>>320277825
I really did not like it. The structure and aesthetics are so boring.
>it's arid like Tatooine with less than half the area and none of the culture
>progress is just going into four dark tombs and fighting enemies to gain the trust of the Sith teachers
>no town aspect to speak of, just a small academy room and an empty excavation site which leads to said tombs
>no interesting character-based sidequests
The only thing I liked was going there after Leviathan and telling both teachers to fuck off because you're Revan.
>>
>>320278318
Oh yeah, I guess there was the old Sith master sidequest. Not enough to redeem the planet in my eyes.
>>
>>320276460
probably those kids bullying the Ithorian.
>>
>>320275996
>-I'm Mumbless
And closed the video. I can't be the only one who can't stand listening to women talk about video games, can I?
>>
>>320272454

I guess you don't think Leia calling Chewie a "walking carpet" in ANH was racist?

Because in the context of Star Wars, given that Chewie can understand galactic basic, it's the equivalent of a slur.
>>
>>320276180
What an incredibly shitty list. I bet you're a shitty person as well. Taris is bad because it's so utterly horrible to replay. It feels like an absolute chore to repeat and gameplay wise they made it very retarded to allow you to get jedi training only after Taris, so any time you level up on Taris, you've missed a potential force power.
>>
>>320274243
Manaan is worst sphere.
>>
I got banned for life from Manaan.

Fuck them.

I'm glad bacta made their entire civilization irrelevant.
>>
>>320277043
Did Vader have evil parents?

>>320277690
>>320276180
How can you not like Manaan? The power struggle between Republic and Sith is very neat, the detective and court quest is great, the sith base infiltration is grand, the way you slowly gain information about each party misbehaving is top notch, the side quests alltogether are mighty fine and only problem is the water level which lasts for a grand total of 5 minutes.
>>
Why do people call Taris a tutorial planet? Endar Spire is the tutorial. Taris is fully fleshed out and doesn't really teach you how the game works.
>>
>>320272454
>"Where are you taking that... thing?"
>>
>>320280145
I love Manaan, especially the atmosphere, I just didn't like it as much as the rest. The only planet I didn't like was Korriban, and Rakata just okay, I probably have a worse opinion of it because it blueballs you from the final battle.
>>
>>320280289
Because it's your forced first option before you can explore the galaxy. Same as Telos is also a tutorial planet in Kotor 2 even though you go through Peragus first.

Maybe you could say that they're practice planets, and the ES / Peragus are tutorials, but that would just be semantics.
>>
>>320271562

Imperials have always been xenophobic.
>>
>>320280596
That's kind of silly. If that's the case then Dantooine is the same thing. Midgar isn't thought of as a tutorial/practice area of FFVII, it's just the first part of the game.
>>
>>320280145

I was playing an honest Jedi the first time I did Manaan and like a dumbass I confessed to the attack and was promptly executed
>>
>>320276180
Aside from the water walk part, Manaan is the best. Being able to outmaneuver everyone politically during the trial was fucking amazing
>>
>>320281420
I've played the game like 5 times and never "won" the trial. I don't remember if I had to do Dark Side shit or just couldn't find any absolving evidence, all I remember is always reaching the conclusion that the old man was guilty.
>>
>>320276180
Objectively biased tier list here
>Tatooine
>Rakata
>Taris
>Kashykk
>Korriban
>Dantooine
>Manaan, for fucking up my save file
Had one save on a game and that trial boned me because I didn't do shit right. Always got the gas chamber
>>
>>320272454
>muh SJWS corrupting muh star wars
>why isn't everything perfect and happy?
>bioware moar like cisscumware amirite

God I hate you so much.
>>
>>320271562

>MFW the gameplay is shit

Holy fuck, I know /v/ is autistic but the amount of praise this game gets is not deserved.
>>
>>320281946
nobody talks about the gameplay jackass. Of course it was lacking, but back then nobody really confirmed with anyone but IGN. We still had a good time with story and atmosphere.
>>
Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyqVA7N45aw
>>
File: 1423462676831.jpg (23 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
1423462676831.jpg
23 KB, 480x720
>Try to mod Kotor 2 after finishing Kotor 1 with the Handmaiden 4 Females
>LOL no the working version of the restored content mod for H4F doesn't exist online because two weeks before I started to try a new version went up
>Have to beg and find the old version after trying every fucking thing else
>Still doesn't work
>Don't want to use a Save Editor because I did that last time to make my character male on Dantooine/Telos to keep Handmaiden and it broke Nar Shadda in half and ruined the game for me, I couldn't get on my ship or anything and the player character just disappeared in the Jek'Jek Tar forever
>Forever stuck in the shitty fucking Atris Base

kill me
>>
>>320281695
iirc you don't need to prove his innocence but rather make the proscecutors evidence seem dubious with arguments

also iirc you gain the same amount of exp, you'll never see or hear from the guy again and you don't get any light or dark side points either way so you might as well rat on him right away
>>
>>320282436
I love these. I hope he does some darker KOTOR 2 ones too. Rebuilt Jedi Enclave for one.
>>
>>320271562

Not to defend KOTOR (it's shit) but humans being racist to aliens was not something KOTOR introduced. The Galactic Empire has always been very human supremacist and shits on aliens. It's why you never see alien Stormtroopers or bridge crew on their side in the films, whereas with the rebels they're all over the place.
>>
>>320279731
Nigga Taris is one of the most atmospheric planets in the game and minmaxing is useless anyway since the game is piss easy. It sounds like you are grinding KotOR. Rather do an annual playthru where you immerse yourself and have fun
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.