[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BEYOND EARTH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Civ 5 was literally my favourite game ever, only the multiplayer barely being functional was a huge drawback for me.

Did the fix the MP in BE? Is it worth getting?
>>
Man I've been on such a CivV binge this week.
>marathon speed
>huge realistic map
>play as motherfucking China
>impose Order ideology on the bickering squabbling westerners
CHINA WILL GROW LARGER

To answer your question, CivBE is terrible. It lacks any of the charm of real world.
>>
>>320266245
Its not worth it. They basically took out everything that made civ5 a good game and adding back with dlcs.
>>
File: 1448429177202.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1448429177202.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>320266245
>Yfw English domination win over Washington

GO SUCK A DICK AMERICA

RULE
THE
WAVES
>>
File: 8WOih4v.jpg (85 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
8WOih4v.jpg
85 KB, 768x768
>>320266534

>mfw playing as Russia while listening to the Red Army Choir album and drinking Leninade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J__ZdvsZaE
>>
>>320267349
really wish America was stronger in game
beating them as England is surreal
>>
>>320266245
>Love all civ games
>Purchase BE on day one
>Play one game
>1/5 the ammount of playable civs
>Tons of stuff removed and what isn't is just reskinned
>Not even great people
>Close game and start civ v

Still only have 2 hours on it and ~2k hours on civ v. It's terrible. Wait until all the DLC is released and then we'll see but until then Civ V is the best civ.
>>
i started to plat civ V and i kinda like it, but is it normal that there are long dull turn where you cant really do annything then just wait till something happens?
also what is the endgoal of every game?
>>
>>320268836
>what is the endgoal of every game?

Victory!
>>
>>320268836
If you have that issue, play on a higher difficulty. Also be sure to micromanage your damn cities and actually war, I see so many people just sitting forever turtling to science victories.
>>
BE is one of the biggest disappointments Ive had the misfortune of experiencing. Alpha centauri put itself apart by growing in the fact it was a blank canvas, unlimited by the boundaries of Civ. For example they had factions split by their ideals rather than race,tech probed into the possible future and money was replaced by energy. Especially the secret projects showed how the slippery slope of technology worked, at first you research the human genome project (which is actually completed now in the real world) and years later into the game you suddenly start cloning or using nanopaste to consume all matter for your warmachine. Technology was also smoothly rooted into reality with quotes from philosophers, while others have blurs to root the characters into the universe.

And what does BE have? overdesigned shit units, 3 really stupid trees and laughable factions
>>
Anyone up for a /v/ game in like an hour?
>>
>>320268836
A good way to learn the game is pick a civ that has a strategy that you really hate, and force yourself to learn how to make it work.

Something like Isabella or William of Orange, they forced me to figure out how to actually trade and not just conquest everyone.
>>
>>320269868
I agree with you entirely but it's unfair I think to compare any contemporary game to Alpha Centauri - that game was made in a different time, a different world.
>>
>>320269868
Yeah, Civ is a celebration of real anthropology while BE is just lame scifi.

>What a miraculous breakthrough!
>Our nanofabricator ai synthesis module algorithm has been reconfigured to increase output of dynamosynth xenoweave!
> +1 food production
>>
>>320270553
>I agree with you entirely but it's unfair I think to compare any contemporary game to Alpha Centauri - that game was made in a different time, a different world.
They make new civs fine, so why not make a new AC
>>
>>320272443
alpha centauri really isn't as amazing as you guys think. The actual sci-fi writing is at times nothing short of actually moronic and is serviceable at best (though usually has at least 1 fundamental misunderstanding in it). But the way that the game evolves is very cool.
>>
>>320272680
Yes and the way the game evolves is important because civ is about seeing civilisations evolve throughout the ages. AC is about seeing where the future will take us. The choice of having factions based on ideologies allows you to show how different schools of thought react on the future. That makes it the best part of AC. Meanwhile BE doesnt have that at all. It might as well be Civ in space ow wait it already is
>>
>>320273493
AC's ideologies would work better if they made any sense. I mean Zharkov is supposed to be a scientist and he doesn't understand science.
>>
How do you guys play games in more than one sitting? I want to start a game and pace it out for over a week or so, but either I can't ever stop binging or it's not fun to go back and load an already started game.
>>
File: 1234058735935.png (78 KB, 171x238) Image search: [Google]
1234058735935.png
78 KB, 171x238
>>320273851
Just play it for 40 hours straight like I do.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.