[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: ff1 nes.jpg (94 KB, 640x877) Image search: [Google]
ff1 nes.jpg
94 KB, 640x877
Reminder that FF1 sucks - no matter the version - and that saying "it's a classic" doesn't mean shit. You are a shit person misleading people if you recommend this trash.

>Play Final Fantasy on the NES
>"Oh, this sucks"
>Read about the remakes
>Play the FF1 remake on GBA
>"Oh this still sucks"
>People say to try the PSP remake
>Try it
>"Oh this is the exact same fucking trash as the GBA version."

/v/ has the worst taste imaginable if they think the PSP version is some marked improvement over the GBA/NES versions. Recommending a bad Final Fantasy game is retarded, especially when there are quality SNES JRPGs that one could be playing like Bahamut Lagoon or Glory of Heracles 3

But you know what's stupid about people that defend Final Fantasy 1? They're also the same kind of people that would shit on Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for its insultingly simplistic design and plot.
>>
You suck.
>>
These threads are the very definition of autism.
>>
>>320261725

>complains that a game from the 1980's feels dated
>>
FF1 is grindy, but it allows you to have your very own set of characters, want a party full of black mages? OK, want them all to be retarded warriors, sure.

The game is unforgiving and unpolished at times, but its still fun to play.
>>
I wish I had magic hollywood hacker powers so I could dox people like you
>>
http://arch.b4k.co/v/search/filename/ff1%20nes.jpg/

I'll never understand what people are trying to accomplish by making the exact same thread over and over again. Can someone enlighten me?
>>
>>320263871
This guy has been going for months now.

Pasta changes slightly but his hate boner for the first Final Fantasy is kind of hilarious. Why even shit on an almost 30 year old game that no one even cares to really defend?
>>
>>320263536
Your post is legit autistic and the most autistic thing I've seen.
>>
>>320264065

I don't care. I want it all to stop.
>>
>>320264056
Cause FF fans are clearly biased in favor of their series, when no FF entry has ever actually been a stand out entry.

FF2/FF4 was my first JRPG as a kid and I thought it was incredibly bland and boring. Then I discovered Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, etc
>>
>>320261725

This is a /v/ recommendation? Do you have archives of this?

I don't ever remember anyone saying this game is good.
>>
>>320264306
And you can thank Final Fantasy for most of those games even existing,

What is your point? Of course FF fans are biased towards they're FF fans. If you encountered some sperg who insists that the first FF has no flaws its your own fault for listening to morons.

Which makes sense cause you are a moron.
>>
>>320264630
>I don't ever remember anyone saying this game is good.

Well no because the only one that has August 2015 and earlier archives are dead, but plenty of people have recommend the GBA/PSP version more than they ever should.
>>
>>320264657
>And you can thank Final Fantasy for most of those games even existing

In spite of, not because of.
>>
>>320264630
FF1 is the first one, that is it.
there is nothing special or cool about it other than it being the first one.

realistically, its not worth playing when the other games in the series are just better in all ways. only reason you play it is to see how it all started back in the 80's. its a historical relic, not an example of a good game some near 30 years later
>>
>>320261725
FF1 is not a classic. I played it on release. It isn't particularly fun and this is during a time when the ultimas, might and magics etc. were coming out. Those are classics.

FF isn't good until FF2 (4)
>>
>>320264954
>its a historical relic, not an example of a good game some near 30 years later

As opposed to Super Mario Bros which has remained a classic.
>>
>>320264954
>there is nothing special or cool about it

its the only ff game where you can play a sliding tiles puzzle!
>>
>>320261725
Ah well, I liked it. Just as the original Dragon Quest.
I honestly don't give a fuck what newfags that rather play Undermeme, have to say about these games.
>>
>>320264806
Why shouldn't they?

It's interesting to see where the series got started despite its faults. I can't handle the autism in this thread.
>>
>>320264056
>Pasta changes slightly
Does it?
I've seen this few times at /vr/ and shitposter here didn't even bother chancing the reference of /v/ to /vr/ in there.
>>
I liked FF1 overall, but it's deliberately obtuse sometimes. It barely tells you anything, finding out where to go and what to do is a matter of exploration and talking to every NPC in town, which is both a positive and a negative.

Also Thieves are fucking useless.
>>
>>320265470
I remember a few months ago this faggot made this thread and I was one of the peolpe who told him to check out the PSP remake which while not great might be more his style.

Next few times he threw in the reference to how much the PSP remake is also terrible to preemptively counter arguments.

Advanced shitposting at its finest.
>>
Played FF1 on PSP a few years ago, never really touched the series before. I liked it. It was pretty simple, but was enjoyable and didn't outstay it's welcome.
>>
>>320261725
I haven't played the handheld ones, but the playstation version is pretty good because it fixes all bugs of the original, but I prefer the NES's aesthetics.
>>
>>320265030

This might sound like heresy, but SMB1 is the one mario game I can't play anymore. I do not like the way it controls at all.
>>
>>320261725
Reminder that you're a casual faggot and that FFI is the most replayable FF game aside from Tactics and V.
>>
>>320261725
Was my first non-pokemon RPG back on the GBA. Played it when I was 11, loved it.

Shitpost more, simplicity can be fun too.
>>
File: 61084315.jpg (114 KB, 323x454) Image search: [Google]
61084315.jpg
114 KB, 323x454
>>320265026
>FF2 (4)
>>
>>320261725
>Play Final Fantasy on the NES
more like you played it on an emulator when you were an angsty teen. If you actually played it on a NES when you were a kid that shit would've stuck with you if it was your first JRPGs
>>
>>320261725
I liked FF1 and yes I did play it on the NES when it was actually released. Now if you want to talk grindy, there's Dragon Warrior or even worse, Ultima: Exodus which is one of the few games I never bothered to finish.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.