[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games based on literature
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: thor learns thunder reign.gif (2 MB, 336x199) Image search: [Google]
thor learns thunder reign.gif
2 MB, 336x199
What good games have source material originating in books? The ones that I can think of right now are Witcher and SMT
>>
Metro
>>
SW, duh.
>>
>>320261118
Spec ops the line
>>
>>320262048

closer to Apocalypse Now than Heart of Darkness, but they're the same basic plot, i guess
>>
all the metro games, and maybe some Tom Clancy games but I'm not sure
>>
>>320261118
>Witcher

Plagiarism.
>>
I forget the name of it but you guys will know what I'm talking about, that Alice in wonderland game, you know the decent one.
>>
>>320261118
Halo is a rip-off from Ringworld...
>>
>>320261118
Dante's Inferno
>>
File: whzviolqjfqfkmg59lth.jpg (43 KB, 317x500) Image search: [Google]
whzviolqjfqfkmg59lth.jpg
43 KB, 317x500
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>>
I have no mouth and I must scream

STALKER

Discworld games

Lord of the Rings games

Witcher games

Game of thrones games
>>
>>320265859
>Game of thrones
those are based on the HBO show, not on A Song of Ice and Fire
>>
Dynasty Warriors
Enslaved
>>
>>320268564
The Game of Thrones RPG is based on ASOIAF.
>>
Bioshock, to a degree.
>>
>>320268564
>Season 1 of Game of Thrones is literally a transcript from the first book
>Season 2 is very loyal as well
>Season 3 starts drifting a bit but stays mostly parallel
>Season 4 & 5 : Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>320263981
>>320265859
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is "inspired by" Stalker and roadside picnic, not directly based on it.
>>
>>320269480

i just can't be bothered to watch it anymore. their writing is so fucking awful, it's like that old lady that painted over that picture of jesus with her monkey version
>>
File: Bosses.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Bosses.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
Dragon's Crown takes alot from fantasy books and mythology.

My favorite one is the Red Dragon which is inspired by Smaug
>>
>>320269775
bad poosey?
>>
>>320269775
Season 5 is fucking awful, is literally one of the worst adaptations i have ever seen on television
>>
>>320269937
Literally any game ever counts if you do that...
>>
>>320269937

>that one level with the fucking bunny at the end

I really wasn't expecting it.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.