[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the mech genre finally coming back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: mwo steam.jpg (73 KB, 600x371) Image search: [Google]
mwo steam.jpg
73 KB, 600x371
Is the mech genre finally coming back?
>>
>>320253816
I'm sorry that this game got your hopes up. The game got bought up by a Pay2Win company that specializes in destroying games for profit.

They also got Hawken. Hawken was pretty decent when people still played it. It was even better in the earlier betas.
>>
>F2P

lol no
>>
>>320254040
Oops, disregard that, I was wrong.
>>
Having so much fun with it. Just started, but looking to get a decent build for a heavy soon.
>>
Too bad MWO is piece of shit.

Proper Battletech/Mechwarrior game when?
>>
Doubtful, but the game is pretty fun aside from obnoxiously obtuse mechlab shit. I would kill for a Mechassault 3 on Xbone, but I doubt it'll ever happen.
>>
>>320253816
>AVAILABE
>>
I currently have 20 million C-Bills and 5000 exp, what the fuck should I spend it on? I have no idea what half the shit is and there's like 6 versions of each mech.
>>
File: 1448399677120.png (13 KB, 353x425) Image search: [Google]
1448399677120.png
13 KB, 353x425
>>320254484
Oh my
>>
>>320253816
This game has been out for fucking years and it's garbage. Goes to show how many kiddies browse /v/ that only use Steam and wont play anything that isn't on it
>>
File: CataphractMWO2.jpg (216 KB, 1920x942) Image search: [Google]
CataphractMWO2.jpg
216 KB, 1920x942
Supposedly they're planning on PVE content to do merc missions like in MW4

I actually love it, but the new influx of players is getting on my nerves lately. Sometimes it's a massacre, and sometimes you're the one massacred.

Pic related it's my mechfu. Maneuverable, efficient, packed with different weapons, and vertical cockpit.
>>
>>320254501
If you did your cadet bonus already, don't waste them until you're sure what kind of mech you want.

Check some guides and read what kind of style of gameplay you like. The CBills after that bonus are harder to get.

If you like a mech, check what variant you would like, like ballistics focused, mixed, lasers, missiles, support, etc.

Hunchback 4G is a good starting mech.
>>
>>320254484
>kek
didn't noticed
>>
>>320254959
Yeah, I did all my cadet matches. So far, I've really liked the trial Timber Wolf, Hunchback, and Catapult. Was looking at buying a Timber Wolf, just not sure which one would be best.
>>
What is the best clan and why is it Ghost Bear
>>
>>320254558
When is this shit coming out? I bought it for the soundtrack months ago, but it's a year overdue now.
>>
>>320255174
Ask on the general, they'll help you with a decent build for it

The Timberwolf is an excellent mech and always relevant in the meta. Mind you that clan mechs are more expensive since they're more advanced.
>>
>>320253816
Make From Software do a PC version of Armored Core IV, 4Answer, Armored Core V and Verdict Day with tweaked up controls.

Also make Square Enix make HD versions of the Front Mission games and release Front Mission V.

Only then giant robots will return to PCs, but that will never happen even if the world were to end.
>>
>>320254501

man, I'm in the same situation as you. I've done pretty well as hunchback but im not sure if that's because it's a good mech or that six fucking medium lasers in one weapon group are ridiculous.
>>
Was mech games ever even a thing? I always hear about this shitty genre coming back as if it was missed but it would seem nobody really cares since it's stuck in a vortex of perpetual death.
>>
File: dexter_asks.png (248 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
dexter_asks.png
248 KB, 500x375
>>320253816
>not just playing mechwarrior3
>>
>>320257049
There were some good games on PC, but consoles always had an abundance of them.

A number of them would fit in perfectly into PCs.
>>
>>320257049
I want a game that's easier, but just as customizable as Armored Core.

I probably played 300 hours of Hawken. It's like a fat, chunky class-based FPS. If there were more customization options, and they impacted your speed/armor, it would be exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>320256907
The hunchback is good and the 4P is a beast of a medium

Still that shit is a boiler, though. the 4G variant is more fun for me. That AC20 to the face is so satisfying to land.

The 4H is shit, though.
>>
>>320257141

I'd love to if my modern GPU could actually run it without shitting itself
>>
Play mechwarrior IV mercs and don't give piranha any money. If we're phenomally lucky the singe player experience we've really needed.

Mechwarrior Online can't bring you the fun Mechwarrior IV mercs did if you can't customize your mech as easily and freely. Mechwarrior IV isn't even the best mechbay that would be MW2 and it still blows MWO out of the water.
>>
File: 1407027604022.jpg (71 KB, 874x852) Image search: [Google]
1407027604022.jpg
71 KB, 874x852
I played MWO for a long time, right up until the clans came out.

I was actually part of a Ghost Bear Clan, it was a very enjoyable time but the leadership were much older fags. One of the mechpilots told me he was 55, and I was fairly surprised that older people played a game like it. Right up until I realized that they were about as awful to play with as /v/, as time went on I started to realize the superiority complex they all had.

That being said, playing with a full team of MechWarriors was loads of fun.

If you arent a total fucking retard you can make a lot of money playing with the recruit boost, then you can only spend a little bit of actual money to get the mech you want. Its very difficult to get into as you cant really test out a mech you want, and they wont change it because its how they make money.
>>
>>320255671
>buying the soundtrack
nigga youtube isn't here for pewdiepie you cumguzzling faggot
>>
When they introduced the Clan mechs, I thought they were going to do a cool thing and make the teams always split into Clans vs Inner Sphere, with the Clans having a lance of 5(?) mechs and the IS having 8, but the clan mechs would obviously be way better, like in the books/every other MW medium ever. Sort of a quantity vs. quality thing.

But NOPE, Clan mechs are equal and maybe even a bit worse than IS mechs in MWO.
>>
>>320258170
Eh i like it this way better. I know clans are canon better but there's no fun in fighting unbalanced shitters and tryhards and asymmetric balancing is always a pain to do.
>>
>>320258170
If they did that, then literally no one would be playing IS because who wants to use underpowered trash mechs? This is the only way it could ever work.
>>
>>320258971
Like he said, Clans would have smaller teams to balance it out.
>>
>>320259294
And that would never work, so there you go
>>
>>320257369
Fuck I hate when that shit happens. Thats why I had to play the second splintercell on console.
>>
>>320259375
I think itd be fun to be on a larger team against the clans, since i like the IS more anyway. It wouldnt be THAT hard to balance if you playtest it enough. If nothing else, it could at least be some sort of optional game mode or something.
>>
File: AtlasPaint_A_-2.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
AtlasPaint_A_-2.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
PGI aside, the game is actually good. There's love poured into the cockpits and mechs, and even if they're incompetent to miss the mark on some easy shit, the new maps and the gameplay and visuals and effects are good. Also it's fun.

Wish there was more CW content, maybe some defense building for the planets and finally SOMETHING to do in the planet thing. Quick Match is fun enough but CW is supposed to be the future of the game.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.