[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck this game is amazing. I picked it and Star Fox 64 up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Star_Fox_SNES.jpg (111 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
Star_Fox_SNES.jpg
111 KB, 400x291
Holy fuck this game is amazing. I picked it and Star Fox 64 up at my local game shop having never played either.
>>
>>320250970
it's pretty challenging too
my grandma bought it for me on my 5th birthday with the snes. I just beat it last year after she passed away, I'm 27 now
>>
>>320251094
I made it to Andross on the level 1 route. That fucking yellow bi-pedal robot on Venom was fucking awful.
>>
>>320251283
you think that's bad? >>320251094 is right, the game can be quite challenging. especially the level 3 route. I couldn't beat sector Z until almost 10 years after orginally playing it.
>>
>Have played the original Star Fox and Pilotwings since their releases
>No one believes me that they should be considered better than their successors in many aspects

Only now are people finding that the original Star Fox was fucking phenominal.

I mean, playing each of the routes has vastly different mechanics to them, especially when you look at the Venom parts
>Route 1 has the ship that splits itself and transforms into the mech when you're on land
>Route 2 has the Metal Crusher, an absurdly hard boss in its own right followed by a cool highway sequence with a completely different boss
>Route 3 has a gigantic 3 part boss in orbit with crazy hit points and turns into a gigantic tank mecha thing on land.

The music for Titania and Meteo are fucking awesome
>>
>>320254034
Is 64 just as good?
>>
>>320254480
64 is pretty awesome.
For some, people consider it the best. Mechanically it really is.
The only frustrating part would be going for Medals, but that's not too terrible
>>
>>320254034
of the first 3 Star Foxes (counting 2), I'd definitely say 64 had the weakest ost of them.
>>
>>320254480
it is often considered the best one in the series

it's my favorite video game
>>
File: 1310491635748.jpg (18 KB, 249x251) Image search: [Google]
1310491635748.jpg
18 KB, 249x251
>>320255685
>>320255974

I'm kind of hyped now.
>>
>>320255685
>The only frustrating part would be going for Medals
medals aren't that bad.
they're only hard to do the first time, getting all the necessary hits becomes second nature eventually.
>>
>>320256142
you should look into emulating Star Fox 2, it's an unreleased Super Nintendo game
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.