[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EA Battlefront
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: star-wars-battlefront-gamescom.jpg (89 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-battlefront-gamescom.jpg
89 KB, 600x320
What would have saved this?

Name the one mode/character/idea that should have been in this that would change your thoughts about the whole game.
>inb4 actual content
There's enough content that casuals are eating this shit right up.
>>
>Vehicles not relegated to random power-ups
>Fixed spawns complete with map
>Classes
Take your pick.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
I'd like this game a lot more if they fixed/removed the DL-44 and fixed the ability to snipe people with non sniping weapons.
>>
>>320248583
Iron sights on all non-sniping weapons to combat sniping? Would have been the easiest fix.

>>320248582
Completely agree. I'd choose classes. Go back to the original system which had different weps for each AND you changed appearance depending on the class.
>>
>>320248898
I think the spawning got me the most during the beta.
The whole thing just seemed so aimless.
Spawn somewhere.
Run forward a bit.
Try to kill some guys before they kill you.
Repeat.
Because of the random nature of the spawns it was difficult to tell just where battle lines were and what the flow of battle was like.
>>
>>320249045
The spawning in the beta was really bad, rebels on hoth was absolute trash. Still kind of is but at least I can get out and shoot now.

The only reason why I still play is because I still hit the top 3 on scoreboard in Fighter Squadron. Yea its the same shit over and over again but its the only substance that exists in the game that keeps me going and gives a use for my PS4 until xmas comes around and I grab Guitar Hero Live and a few others.
>>
>>320248432
Multiplayer/co-op/vs galactic Conquest
>>
Literally cut the price in half and I'll buy it. 30 euro is an acceptable price for this game, 60 is not.
>>
>>320248432
>implying it needs to be saved
There's a large market for casual console shooters and Star Wars fits that niche perfectly. The game works for what they were trying to do, which isn't "make an amazing shooter." It was "make a shooter any star wars fan could play"

Hero Hunt and Heroes vs Villains are both fun as fuck

Supremacy and Walker Assault suck

Fighter Squadron is fun if you know what you're doing
>>
some gameplay that isn't just shooting and active reloading

why did they get rid of classes
>>
Are the maps too big for the player count?
>>
>>320248432
>What would have saved this?
Conquest?
>>
>>320250003
>>320249720
GalCon would have been kickass, but here's the idea that never would have been.

20v20 games are the max in EA Battlefront. 19 of them from both sides would play the battles while you have one commander from both sides controlling the team.
But...only 4.5 planets? It be a VERY small GalCon map unless you're looking at Planetary Conquest, Planetary Annihilation-style.
>>
Remove the prominant kill/death ratios on the scoreboard, as well as any reward based on them, it's entirely meaningless when random powerups can give ya about a dozen more or less insured kills without death given you are actually still able to play during that time.
Remove the progression treadmill, except for cosmetic items. Traits alone provide a distinct advantage over newbies.
Ground vehicles unique to the rebels are a must. The other Battlefields had them, why not this one?
>>
>>320248432
>one mode/character/idea
>one
unfortunately thats the thing, theres too much missing
>space battles with more ships, higher detailed interiors, maybe a pilotable bridge for the capitol ships
>galactic conquest with more planets or more objectives for each planet like fighting the fleet first, then taking out the planetary shields, then a proper invasion, etc.
>the entire clone wars with the additional heroes like yoda, grevious, obi wan, etc. or troop types and vehicles like the droikekas, spider walkers, the lazer tank, that six legged walker for the clones, clone commanders. and the additional planets they provided like kashykk utapoo corusant mygeeto and etc.
>>
>>320248432
Classes would be one major change that would fix so many issues.

Aside from that, if it was battlefront 2 but better graphics, new heroes, and new maps. It would have been perfect and everyone would love it a great deal more than what we got.
>>
>>320250409
Traits alone are legitimately the only rewards to look forward to. The only reason to keep grinding on the mode you kind of like.

Speederbikes are useless. Even with a huge map on Endor. There needs to be more of a reason to jump on one.

>>320250660
You have to take into account that its EA and DICE, cash cowing and graphics take precedence and because of this, they might have been saved if even one thing was implemented.

Clone Wars will never happen, anyone who wants to continue the saga will try to make the prequels disappear which is a shame.
GalCon won't work unless theres more than 4 planets.
Space battles...should have fucking happened. I agree with this completely. But that also means more ships need to be inplemented which means destroyers which means a lot of non-canon stuff would have happened and OMGAWD DISNEY DONT TAKE AWAY MY IMAGINATION PLEASE ITS ALL I HAVE LEFT SINCE YOU ROBBED ME OF EVERYTHING ELSE!
We dont want another Star Citizens either.

I want to agree with you anon, but it fundamentally needs more to make all those work. Which is why I asked for the 'one' thing or idea. For me, more maps. Or classes. Something that changes the variety.
>>
>>320250758
Classes, that single idea, would have been better than the micro'trash'action that is the customization of the heads. Fucking really? Who the hell wants to play a stormtrooper without a helmet??? And BF2's class change was simple and it works.
>>
>>320251554
Well the game isnt doing near as well as was expected. We may get lucky and EA get the license pulled by Disney.

Disney doesnt fuck around.
>>
>>320251152
>clone wars will never happen
you make me sad, and so does ea. that was the best era for a game like battlefront and adding it would've effectively doubled the percieved amount of content in the eyes of the general public.

if its truly only one change is allowed, then i would say give us our GODAMN SPACE BATTLES
fucking deathstar run would've been DAY ONE PRE-ORDER from me cause holy shit a proper deathstar run would be perfect even in this game's mechanics. no capitol ships, just tie fighters vs x-wings, the millenium falcon was in the battle as a late reinforcement so the hero powerup would be acceptable here, and instead of slave 1 you could get darth vader's tie fighter instead.

seriously there isnt a single star wars fan who wouldnt cream their pants at that, nor any normy who wouldnt be excited for it
>>
File: tfwbfdead.png (194 KB, 1349x383) Image search: [Google]
tfwbfdead.png
194 KB, 1349x383
>>320248432
Reminder
>>
>>320249846
Imma reply to this one too. That cool with u anon?

Star Wars, in essense, is a huge phenomena now. So yea it should belong to the cowadoodles and the Battlefields and whatnot and should give the ability for anyone of any age to pick up and play. It does that really well. And it's beautiful with its audio and visuals, you can not say otherwise.

But it really shouldn't be 'this' casual. Look at all the missed potential, look at how it previously was and how successful it was. And due to its casuality they threw in cheap ass ways to make you soend more money, with the Deluxe Edition that unlocks the last weapon you can earn immediately, TWO season passes, and you know there are people out there who are buying them.

That's why Star Wars shouldn't be this casual. Because it can not be saved now unless EA is pulled.
>>320251732 has the right idea.

>>320252161
Clone Wars was some of the best action I really enjoyed in BF2. It is truly a shame that no one wants to push for it anymore, makes me sad too.
We can only hope that The New Order pulls off some wicked battles that will change my mind and maybe make EA Battlefront worth it.
>>
>>320252257
What, that there are as many players playing Battlefield 4, a years old game with enough updates to kill a small country to make a game better than it was when it launched and had 5(or more?) DLC content to make it worth playing again as Battlefield Star Wars? Let it have the same touch as BF4 and in a few years time, when EA Battlefront 2 comes out, it'll be amazing but this time with no player count.
>>
>>320252387
Huh? There's only 1 season pass
>>
>>320253194
I counted Battle Of Jakku as a season pass. Because why the FUCK is paying for early access for anything exists?!?
>>
>>320253194
Isnt the battlefront season pass almost twice the price of other season passes?
>>
dedicated servers
>>
>>320253771
eh, it's free for everyone though

>>320253830
And yeah it's pricey. I wasn't defending it, just pointing out that there is only one
>>
>>320253830
50 dalores. For a few maps and some characters and gestures. Fucking gestures.

50 buckles can get you almost a new game, it was the prices for all 5 huge major expansions for battlefield 4 when it first came out, some indie games that are LEAGUES better than what EA Battlefront is trying to shill.

>>320253940
A server list. Fuck i'll even take Battlelog over what we got now.

>>320254095
I know its free, but there are people out there who bought their way in to early access. Much like the season pass, you still feel stupid for doing it.
>>
>>320253771
I didnt pay for it and I got it
>>
>>320248432
>Name the one mode/character/idea that should have been in this that would change your thoughts about the whole game.

Ground to space battles, just like in the PSP version.
>>
>>320254275
Sadly I never played it but the idea is great. Even if you had just straight up Ground to Air that be awesome, not this "only 2 or 4 fighters at the same time during a ground match" bullshit.
>>
Modes actually worth playing. Weapon variety.
>>
File: pepe-turkey.jpg (49 KB, 500x343) Image search: [Google]
pepe-turkey.jpg
49 KB, 500x343
>>320248432

>What would have saved this?

Quiet simply my mane

>MORE FUCKING CONTENT

Even EA Star Wars mobile phone games have more content than this shit.

Bought Battlefront and the Season Pass on day 1.

Played it for 3 days, HAVEN'T TOUCHED IT SINCE

FUCK EA

Never buying another EA game again this gen, fuck Mass Effect 4, Next Battlefield, Next Battlefont etc. etc. never ever again.
>>
Galatic.conquest
>>
>>320248432

Are you sure most people still playing are in 'we've paid for this shit now we have to play it' mode.

This incomplete game is not exactly cheap
>>
>>320255656
You have to put it in perspective that we have a new generation of Star Wars fans and a new generation of gamers that never knew the joy of battlefront 2 or even some great older Star Wars games in general but muh graphics and muh pew pew will take precedence these days. Too many ADD kids and nostalgic folks will try to learn to love the game for what it is. Thats why we still have a player count in this incomplete game. It's sad.
>>
I would have liked to see all the OT maps that were in the other two Battlefront games added, since that's the only era Dice cares about. Bespin levels from BF1 were goat.
>>
Classes, Galactic Conquest, and vehicles and heroes are how they used to be.
>>
>>320250003
i agree. i liked the bots in the original BF and BF2.
>>
>>320248432
$30 price tag and no cut content hidden behind a pay wall.

Seems about right for a multiplayer only shooter.
>>
Add in the Clone Wars
>>
>>320254931
>Bought Battlefront and the Season Pass on day 1.

Congratulations, you and people like you are the reason why they are doing this.
>>
>>320248582
This. More vehicles/vehicles holding multiple people/vehicles actually on the map instead of power ups.

Just make Battlefront 2 HD ffs.
>>
>>320249950
FUCK YOU FAGGOT
FUCKING FAGGOTS SPOILING THE MOVIE IN EVERY GOD DAMN THREAD

YES IM MAD
>>
>>320258183
A Battlefront 2 HD is a good idea, but who would be up for the challenge and not slip in a a little cash store?
>>
>battlefront 1 and 2
>run forward, shoot the things, sometimes get to be vehicle or hero
>sleeper hits

>new battlefront
>run forward, shoot the things, sometimes get to be vehicle or hero but instead of spawning actual ships on the map it's a token which is literally exactly the fucking same when it comes to gameplay, hero spawns are annoying though
>limited content but sperglords don't understand that you can make every map from battlefront 1 in the time it takes to make half a map for new battlefront
>incredible graphics
>somehow less deep gameplay even though no one can actually defend that statement
>somehow a blunder

I don't know what anyone was expecting. I got exactly what I expected and exactly what battlefront 1 was, a fucking popcorn shooter. Any argument beyond hero spawns and lack of content (galactic supremacy will be awesome in new BF2, I'm sure) is fucktarded and you should feel bad.
>>
>>320258203
its a fucking disney movie
anyone with a working cell wont give a fuck about it
>>
>>320258139

Least I have learned from my mistake

Also

Han Cholo dies
>>
>>320258669
Battlefront was never to be complex, never to be squad based or complicated combat system, none of that. And you're right on that.

I was expecting more, and yes it needs more content I agree, but its the laziness that got me. You could unlock really cool content from playing the game in BF1 and BF2. You had variety in classes and even in vehicles (ground and space) in 1 and 2. You had a TON more heros and villains in 1 and 2 (even tho some were clearly copied moves with reskins but it was still cool).

You have 6 heroes, 4 ships, 11 weapons, and a small amount of ground vehicles on 4 planets. You have the ability to throw money for the last weapon you can earn. Any cool content you want to unlock is behind a huge level wall which forces you to grind and grind. Laziness and graphical focus, thats the main complaint.

Also, BF1 and 2 felt like warzones on every map. EA Battlefront feels like battles. That's my personal complaint at least. I expected a popcorn shooter, but I expected as much of a popcorn shooter from the older games. We did not get that.
>>
How about one not made by EA
>>
>>320261385
>How about one not made by EA
Who would you like to see make it better?
>>
File: 1444405918058.jpg (3 MB, 4785x2553) Image search: [Google]
1444405918058.jpg
3 MB, 4785x2553
>>320248582
The maps are more of a spawn problem than their being random. Hoth is just 2 sides. Like, if there's pushing into the base, where is that team supposed to spawn?

>>320248898
>Iron sights on all non-sniping weapons to combat sniping? Would have been the easiest fix.
>Implying that would fix every character potentially having a sniper
That post is just saying that the range is overtuned. The fire rate on blasters is pretty intense, and they're really accurate (which is less of a problem, albeit improved by recoil implementation -- inb4 the implication that they're lasers).
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320248582
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.