[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we slap Nintendo's shit and bring them into retail
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1450179564849.png (79 KB, 1170x457) Image search: [Google]
1450179564849.png
79 KB, 1170x457
How do we slap Nintendo's shit and bring them into retail in former soviet and soviet-bloc countries?

You can buy PS4 and XB1 in every bigger store and all games are fully localized, but Nintendo is nowhere to be found

Why is that? Does Nintendo hate money or what?
>>
shit my country has fallen for the cancer.
I played Undertale too
>>
>>320245936
22% for Smash bros?
In Russia? Fucking NO ONE had a gamecube here.
>>
Why do Mexicans love Nintendo so much?
>>
>>320247108
Even when nintendo didn't gave a shit about our country, we had "Club Nintendo" (something like a latinamerican nintendo power) the reviewers were good and really loved videogames. Also they were pretty based and always were making events with the public or giving gifts.

So, even if no one has a wiiu now, everybody remembers nintendo with love.
>>
>>320245936
That'll never happen because inhabitants of those countries would never pay more than $14 for a videogame.
>>
>>320247691
Microsoft and Sony don't have problem with that. Their consoles come with full online support and limited warranty. They sell very well and are popular especially among early teens.

But Nintendo? You can buy it abroad, and if it gets broken, you're fucked. Games and console itself are not localized at all.
>>
>>320245936
some kind of promotion deal would help

maybe fisher-price?
>>
>I am a Nintenfag that hasn't played Undertale but still voted for it because i hate Meleefags
>>
Of the console makers, Nintendo is in the fewest markets and translate to the fewest languages.
They've recently pulled out of Greece and Brazil, wonder what country is next on the chopping block. They also scrapped their WiiU plans for China.
Their new smartphone thing is getting translated to 8(!) languages. Fucking farming simulator gets translated to 18.

They just lack global ambitions.
I blame their chronic fear of taking losses. Any market that doesn't instantly turn profits is just cut off.
>>
File: Chinatale.png (54 KB, 1131x460) Image search: [Google]
Chinatale.png
54 KB, 1131x460
>>320245936
STOP FUCKING REPLYING TO THIS THREAD

Those screencaps are about botnet
>>
>>320245936
Who the hell wants a nation that plays Undertale and actually think its good, as their consumer. Money is fine but not worth selling your soul.
>>
File: 1439142016891.png (47 KB, 853x665) Image search: [Google]
1439142016891.png
47 KB, 853x665
>>320245936
>Cuck and third world nations picked Melee
Genuine confusion
>>
>>320248809
nobody plays nintendo games in russia or china

Nintendo was big in mid 90s when famicom knockoffs were widespread and it was the only option available to play SMB or Contra
>>
>>320248671
>They also scrapped their WiiU plans for China.
>Give up on of the most potent markets in the world

Nintendo is digging a grave for itself and it fully deserves it.

Cucks.
>>
>>320245936
Finns just might be salty Swedecucks are better at Smash than them
>>
>>320245936
But Nintendo is already present in Russia, correct me if I'm wrong. Most of the games from the PAL region come with the Russian language electronic manual, among many other things.

Other countries (Czech, Poland) have official distributing companies handling Nintendo's stuff.

The main problem are the prices, as some anons have already said. These could be quite easily fixed by releasing the games only with the localised language on disc, which would act as a soft region-lock for Westerners who might try to import cheap slav vidya. Worked very well for physical PC games before Steam became popular.

Of course this would require an actual effort from Nintendo's side and they don't seem too keen on expanding into this region yet. Meanwhile Sony and Microsoft keep reaping the profits.
>>
We could start by improving Russia's economy to the point where buying a videogame isn't insanely straining on an average family's budget.
>>
>>320250429
Russians hates Nintendo because it's "for children".
>>
>Peru
I am sorry.
>>
>>320251104
What, you mean it's not?
>>
>>320251326
All video games are for children. But most slavs are PC-only fags who hate everything that is not mature pc-games for mature pc-gamers such as ourselves. I don't know how it turned out like that, considering we were growing with mario, famicom-clones and ps1 everywhere.
>>
>>320251995
>All video games are for children.
Wrong. This line of thinking betrays a typical slav in you more than this:
>But most slavs are PC-only fags who hate everything that is not mature pc-games for mature pc-gamers such as ourselves.
Basically shut up faggot.
>>
>>320251995
>we were growing mario, famicom-clones
correction, the 80s kids did, and those have grew out of vidya for the most part

>ps1
PlayStation is still relatively popular, although it's mostly used for the dudebro shit (as is almost everywhere else). Where I live Sony had such a huge monopoly from mid 90s to early 00s that Playstation became almost synonymous with the word "console" as a whole.
>>
>>320252760
>Basically shut up faggot.
He's right though. I'm slavic and I can confirm that this is how vidya is generally viewed here. Kids as young as 10 get GTA for Christmas and wouldn't want to be caught dead playing cutesy Nintendo stuff.
>>
>>320246967
it's an internet poll, what do you expect?

http://strawpoll.me/6274238
>>
>>320246967
I imagine the poll had only a dozen of Russian voters, which screwed with the results.

If we had a bigger voter pool the real result would be closer to 95% for Undermeme, 5% for Smash bros.
>>
>>320248264
Are you me?
>>
>>320249290
Do you actually think they're playing a niche western indie game like Undertale though? Do you think South Korea even knows about that game enough to vote for it over a famous brand?
>>
>>320255352
>Russia
Absolutely, especially since its free.
>China
Who knows. All I know is that they love MMOs with lots of grinding.
>>
>>320255352
Russia actually loves emotional games.
Ever heard of Everlasting Summer?
>>
>>320256480
Russian emotions is either despair, hate and depression, or drunk to shit
>>
>>320256480
this

slavs are rather melancholic
>>
>>320256480
Everlasting Summer was great. High production quality, better feels than Katawa Shoujo. However I had to decipher the flowchart written in Russian moonrunes because branching was kind of confusing.
>>
>>320257359
It comes with living with barely any sunlight for half a year.
>>
Why do people here think this poll isn't tampered at all?
>>
>>320255641
>Who knows. All I know is that they love MMOs with lots of grinding.
No that was literally the only option, but now consoles have been legal, expect the Chinese to Oceanic servers as Russians and Brazilians are to EU and NA.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.