[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get annihilated by Seymour third fight in FFX HD Remaster,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Ffx_intro.jpg (128 KB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
Ffx_intro.jpg
128 KB, 1024x766
I get annihilated by Seymour third fight in FFX HD Remaster, Total Annihation just kill everyone. Most of my party members can't survive a single except Auron but Seymour always turns him into a zombie and then cast full life on it. Does it mean I'm not grinding enough? My Yuna barely got 1700hp, her summons are useless since she can't outdamage Auron, and they get banish. I died two times already and I barely damage him.
>>
>>320242105
sounds like you're underleveled and/or have shitty gear / skills.

Haste / autohaste helps in just about any bossfight. In the Seymour's fight, it's recommended to have at least 1 character as a zombie all the time, just to protect from the T.A. and have someone to revive the rest.

There are Zombie Ward items that protect from the lance. You can also poison Seymour. Protect + Shell help a lot too.

The simple cheesing method is to have your Aeons' overdrive meters already filled before you enter the fight, and then spam them out.
>>
>>320242105
Fill your overdrives before the fight and just let loose. Have you been running away from fights or something? It's hard to be under leveled in FFX otherwise.
>>
>>320242105

Not to mention you can't cast buffs on your party because he immediately dispels them, but surprisingly enough Wakka can silence him for 1 turn with Silence Buster (his resistance to status is still pretty damn high so Silence Attack will almost never work). If you're really worried about your characters being zombified, just wear Zombieproof stuff.

The best strategy, imo, is to go in with Yuna's overdrive maxed out AND all aeon's overdrives maxed, and Rikku for mixes. You third party member can kinda be whatever, but I'd recommend Wakka if you have Attack Reels already, or Tidus if you've managed to unlock Blitz Ace by that point (doubtful, since you seem like you're pretty underleveled for the fight).

Even with grinding the battle is still one of the toughest in the game (unless you just go overkill with the grinding, obviously), which is what makes it fun.
>>
>>320242808
I don't think I have found item Zombieproof stuff, Lulu barely can deal in the 2k damage with Firaga/Wateraga/etc, Wakka and Auron have in 4k HP but the others have barely 2.5k HP and maybe I didn't use Yuna enough so she does have very good spells. She has life, protect, shell but no multicast heal spells or anything like that so she can't survive any attack from Seymour.
>>
>>320242105
just fill every aeon's overdrive gauge and unleash it before he uses banish
i killed almost every hard boss that way
>>
>>320243467
Yuna doesn't* have
>>320242591
my summons are pretty bad, I'm not sure if it's because I didn't use them a lot enough before.
>>
>>320243757
If Yuna is underleveled, which can actually happen pretty easily since she leaves the party for such a long period of time, then yeah, your aeons will be pretty weak. Still, you can get their overdrives up and just use them immediately upon summoning for free damage on Seymour.

I mean, if you're really hitting a wall in this game you can always just fill every overdrive you have and dump them all on the boss.
Wantz, the vendor on the mountain, sells zombieproof gear. You can use shell on your party before he casts Total Annihilation and defend on your turn before he actually casts it.
You can also poison him.
>>
>>320244117
okay thank you, I don't play games with guides but I felt like I hit a wall.
>>
is this any good on ps4? like are there any improvements aside from minor grpahics updates? how are loadtimes?
>>
>>320245228
They redid some music tracks. Some are better, some are worse. Loading times seemed pretty low to me but it's been a while since I last played it. You get all the extra content from the PAL release, too.
>>
>>320242105
Nice to see people playing FFX lately. I am trying to slowly Platinum the game and I am sure I will hit a wall soon.
>>
Just unleash Aeon overdrives one after another. There is a save point right before the fight. Takes like 10 minutes to get them built up.

Yunalesca is gonna make you her little bitch.
>>
File: tumblr_m5cnh294gZ1rudptgo1_500.png (62 KB, 471x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5cnh294gZ1rudptgo1_500.png
62 KB, 471x750
>>320242105
Is it possible to emulate this? Looking to replay it after FF7.
>>
>>320242105
Use Shell and defend.
>>
File: 1399084530567.gif (4 MB, 261x261) Image search: [Google]
1399084530567.gif
4 MB, 261x261
>Kids today can't handle FFX
>>
>>320242105
get Haste/Hastega on Tidus, drop Yuna for Rikku and get Auron in there

Hasted Rikku with a decent amount of items is the best healer in the game - she can use about four potions etc. before the enemy gets a turn
>>
>>320245903
Yes, it emulates very well.
>>
>>320242105
cast bio on him. Also, there's a vendor before the fight, that sells zombieproof equipment
>>
>>320246202
Thank you.
>>
I use all characters on all fights, since XP doesn't get split. It's just a 'yes/no' if they get the XP the enemies are worth.

It doesn't take a lot of time to swap out and defend with everyone before the final blow, 10 seconds maybe, and everyone is always going to be useful if you do.
>>
Why does everyone say Seymour Flux is hard?

I was like 10 & i one shot him, FFX is the easiest FF by a mile, they had to add in the bullshit dark aeons to make up for how easy it was

>>320245972
Yup, No wonder 13 was press x to win, makes me worry for FF7R even more
>>
>>320246306
Definitely do this - X encourages you to treat your party like you have 7 people at once rather than just 3 considering how easy it is to swap in and out during battle.
>>
>>320245876

He said third fight, I assumed it was the fight inside Sin...

But seriously, how the fuck can anyone have trouble with Seymour? On any of his forms?

Fucker is vulnerable to POISON for fuck's sakes, what kind of self-respecting boss has a weakness to POISON?

>>320245903

If your PC can emulate PS2 well, yes. Otherwise, no.
>>
Mix > that item you got 60 of for clearing calm lands at the arena twice > trio of 9999 > win
>>
>>320245972
Back then I couldn't bear the Spherier and Dark Anima was fucking hard as balls
>>
>>320242105
Just before he casts it, throw Kimahri out and Mighty Guard. If you're not underlevelled, you will come out of it barely hurt
>>
>>320246525
lots of bosses in ff7 had bio weakness. even tougher ones. you could fucking paralyze ruby weapon ffs. most dont waste time experimenting every random debuff when they are usually useless.
>>
>mfw i accidentally skilled kimahri along rikkus path on the spheroboard and had to backtrack it halfway through the game when i realized
>>
>>320243757

The summons have Yuna's stats.

Why the fuck aren't you using all characters? Are you new to this?
>>
>>320246976
Why? Thf khimari is literally the only halfway useful khimari.
>>
>>320246758

this

or alternatively use Rikku to make a Mighty Guard or have someone cast Shell on the whole party

if you still can't survive a hit you've been fleeing from too many fights
>>
>>320246532

If you have to do that against Seymour, you'll be fucked just in some hours later agaisnt Yunalesca and other end-game bosses.
>>
>>320247043

well i dont know much of jrpgs so i thought i fucked up big time missing all his basic skills
>>
>>320246976
That's the run I took. Being able to steal and use that much is a godsend.
>>
>>320247161
Oh khimari starts out in the center of the sphere grid and can follow anyone's path. He doesn't really have his own.
>>
>>320247132
>using 3 out of 60
>57 left
>but yunalesca!!!
>>
>>320246904

Then it's no surprise they can't beat these weak bosses when they can't even try some "different" stuff.

>>320246976

If you had to backtrack, you fucked up. No you didn't fucked it up by going Rikku's path. It's actually recommended a lot since you get early Steals and another thief is always useful.

My Kimahri went Rikku's path and also learned early Dispel and Holy, and I think some other White spells (Protect, Regen...) and he's great.

The only bullshit problem I have with FFX are those Celestial Weapon quests. That is so bullshit. I'm seriously considering just using Zanmato against all Dark Aeons.
>>
>>320247194
>>320247217

oh well, at least now i know better for my next playthrough
>>
>>320247161

No. You fucked up big time by wasting your levels by going back. You would problably get back to the beginning anyway.

>>320247313

Oh, I didn't realize you were so bad at the game that you can't win using, you know, any other methods.
>>
>>320247391
>using a one shot move on optional fights

Anon, you hurt my soul.
>>
>>320247391
The only ones that are really bad are Tidus' and Lulu's, and even Tidus' doesn't take that long to get right. Yuna's you can get without even going out of your way for it. Auron's is a bit of a grind but there's nothing challenging about it, and if you're going after the Dark Aeons and Penance you'll be grinding WAY more than that anyway. Rikku gets a fun sidequest, Kimahri gets a minigame, Blitzball is so easy Wakka's should be a nonfactor.
>>
>>320245903
PCSX2 was basically made to play FFX and FFXII.
>>
>>320247581
ah fuck kimahri anyways
>>
File: 1.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1080
>>320242105
get overdrives on all aeons.
Definitely grind out some mobs in mt. gagazet. can't hurt. You need to use auron to cast zombie on Seymour. Use all aeon ultimates. He will kill them but it doesnt matter as bahamut alone will hit about 24k due to break limit. Haste everyone. Keep health up. Avoid his ultimate move by summoning the aeons

ezpz
>>
>>320246525
>He said third fight, I assumed it was the fight inside Sin...

That's the fourth time you fight him.
>>
>>320247581
I've beaten level 1 solo character runs. I fear no seymour.
>>
>>320247585

Exactly because they are optional. I'm NOT looking forward to farming Dark matters.

Why is end-game FFX so fucking boring. Seriously, getting the items neccessary just to make the ultimate armors is retarded. Celestial Weapons too.

Especially when one can beat the game easily without those.
>>
>>320247689

I mean... does the "first" one even counts? That's scripted as fuck... But yeah I get it.
>>
>>320247774
You could just put the game down after you beat sin. Cheesing optional fights is just sad lol. They exist solely for the challenge and serve no other purpose.
>>
>>320248226

It's not the fights themselves. It's the "farming over 200 of a single material to learn a single skill on your armor. On all characters." I'm not a highschooler anymore.
>>
File: Braska_Final_Aeon.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Braska_Final_Aeon.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Any help on how to beat this fucker? I already know to keep casting zombie on him, but he does that move where he swings his sword and takes off 2/3rds of each party member's health even with protect on. Worse yet is that he can use the same move more than once per turn.
>>
>>320248383
Following that train of thought why are you playing videogames? You're not a high schooler anymore.
>>
>>320247862

When you kill him at the Macalania temple? How is it scripted? A normal boss battle, the same as the rest.
>>
>>320248826
I assume he means the way Seymour summons Anima at a set point in the fight and you're given Shiva to counter it.
>>
>>320248468
I've honestly never gotten to him without at least getting Yuna's celestial weapon along the way so he's always been a huge pushover.
>>
So did they raise the difficulty in the remaster or is OP just a fucking retard?
>>
>>320249653
It's the exact same seymour fight. He's been mashing x and this fight required a little bit of thought.
>>
>>320248468

T R I O O F 9 9 9 9
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.