[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In anticipation for xcom 2 - are there any games with similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ayy.jpg (201 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
201 KB, 960x540
In anticipation for xcom 2 - are there any games with similar 'feel' to them when it comes to companions/squadmates/soldiers?
By feel I mean games where they have some sort of individuality to them, you kinda attach to them and they can die fairly easy? It doesn't have to be game similar to xcom, though it would be appreciated.

Other games with this kind of feel I've already played:
>Jagged Alliance
>State of Decay
>Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>320234560
Fire Emblem
>>
Expeditions : Conquistador.

http://conquistadorthegame.com/features/followers/

qt spanish girls
>>
>>320234629
Forgot to mention
>no weeb games
though I played Fire Emblem on DS, I liked it.

>>320234835
looks interesting. It isn't some sort of visual novel with RPG elements? I've got caught on those one too many times.
>>
>>320235094
it is a turn based RPG where you basically play as Hernan Cortez.
>>
Silent Storm, dude. Get on that shit.
>>
Xenonauts is a remake of xcom in more than one sense.
>>
>>320234560
Darkest Dungeon?
>>
what about Hard West?how is it?
>>
Xenonauts looks like a cheap rip off of the old XCOMs but it's actually a pretty good rip off of the old XCOMs. Shame about the ugly art though.
>>
File: xcom.webm (894 KB, 470x360) Image search: [Google]
xcom.webm
894 KB, 470x360
>>320236890
Hard West is pretty fucking good. My only gripes are that the overworld stuff is pretty half-baked, but the meat of the game is combat.
>>
>>320236890

The gameplay is ok but the story is kinda boring and forced down your throat so I don't think you can get attached to your units like xcom.

It has some cool cowboy themed ideas like being able to ricochet shots off environmental items to hit dudes behind cover or being able to guess enemy positions outside your los by looking at their shadows.

It's just held back by the story, the game would have been way better with a xcom style open campaign where you ward a area of increasing monstrous enemies.
>>
>>320236890
It's great but leave iron man and combat injuries off. Iron Man is pure fail in this game and combat injuries is only half way done, there's like 4 possible injuries.
>>
>>320234560
Mordheim is excellent and is about mercenaries. As an added bonus, injuries are permanent and actually show up on the character ie lose an arm, your guy has the stub of an arm wrapped in bloody bandages, lose a leg and your guy has a peg leg, get a mutilated hand and your guy is missing his ring and pinky finger on one hand.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.