[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
he's back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10
File: photo.jpg (36 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
36 KB, 900x900
he's back
>>
Aout fucking time
>>
>>320230151
OHHHH SHIT
>>
>>320230151
Is it a shitty condescending video nobody asked for where he talks about GamerGate for no reason and talks down to his audience ?
>>
What the fuck man, it's been 10 months
>>
File: gya.jpg (52 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
gya.jpg
52 KB, 600x800
>>320231147
that video took such a hard turn that he had to leave the internet for a year
>>
literally who
>>
>>320230151
He's all bullshit.
>>
File: 1444230595684.jpg (46 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
1444230595684.jpg
46 KB, 640x425
What does he eat?
>>
File: back_the_fuck_up.gif (894 KB, 258x237) Image search: [Google]
back_the_fuck_up.gif
894 KB, 258x237
>>320232239
>Talking shit about based tongue
>>
>>320231147
but he was actually right, anon

is it condescending because your view did not match his? why do you assume his whole audience consists of people like you?
>>
now he's gonna vanish for another year
>>
>>320236240
WHAT DOES HE EAT FOR THAT YEAR-LONG HIBERNATION
>>
kept you waiting huh?
>>
>>320230151
I had completely forgotten about him, but the second I went to his youtube channel and watched his new video I remembered him immediately. Such a unique voice.
>>
>>320230151
And he's gone. Enjoy the next vid in about fucking 2017.
>>
File: 1429261501255.gif (2 MB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
1429261501255.gif
2 MB, 400x273
>>320230151
>it's real
>>
>>320236060
Not him, but it really is a condescending video. He didn't even address any points or made any arguments, he just namedropped gamergate for no fucking reason and then refused to engage on it.
I really don't get the fucking point, if he didn't want to talk about it, presented zero arguments to support any of his views, then why bring it up except for being a massive cunt.
Still like the guy, he needs to make more videos, but from such a rational person that always backs up his claims, that shit was totally out of character for him.
>>
Well that kinda sucked. Probably the worst, most pointless video yet. Hell, a lot of the things he said is basically just retreading the choice and consequence video.
>>
his tale of two companies video should be mandatory viewing

>"pulling an avellone"
>avellon actually left obsidian since that video was made
>>
who
>>
but what do they eat?
>>
>>320236849
i think he just didn't want to make it a drawn out video that would have got us nowhere. people were going to be pissed off at him no matter what.

kind of liked that. just keep it vidya
>>
>>320230151
His opinion was automatically discarded when he claimed wasteland, pillars and other infinity engine hogwash kickshiller games are good.
>>
>>320238131
But the thing is, he didn't have to talk about it. If he has nothing to say, then don't say anything. He literally makes no point, so why bring it up.
>>
>>320230151
Who's this guy? Legit question, never seen him.
>>
>>320238371
MrBtounge
>>
SETTING

SUPREMACY
>>
>>320236984
He made a good point though(even if it might be a retread). In the past you had to adjust yourself to the game and its world, you actually had to put some effort in to crack beneath the surface and understand a game. Too many modern rpgs completely tailor their worlds around making the player feel comfortable and important.
>>
>>320238295
iirc he said that people were asking him what he thought about gamergate so he just gave us his two cents. he wasn't really insulting anyone
>>
>>320238295
People we're putting words in his mouth, claiming he was a supporter of gamergate.
>>
Last time he dropped three videos within two months. I hope he has at least another one before disappearing forever once again.
>>
I never bought ' Guys, I really researched this trust me" bit. Even to the ignorant reader it was pretty obvious that the catalyst for gamer gate has been widely known to be fact. It's fine if you don't agree with the aftermath of what G G has become, nobody here does, but going on to say something like " guys I looked even on eightchan!" and expecting any intelligent person to actually buy that, yeah nah sorry bud.
>>
>"pillars was a well-reviewed game"
So that automatically makes it a fundamentally good game? For someone preaching about logical fallacies so much it's pretty ironic for him to say that.
>"and rightly so"
In case you guys didn't figure it out, let me add this pointless platitude to reinforce the fallacy.
>big sprawling story
Is that between the lore exposition dumps from random npcs that have no intent, desire or benefit of revealing it to you? Or is it between the less than 15 locations you ever visit on the map?
>engaging setting
I'm sure all the fluff "investigate" "flavor text" must have really engaged the player within the setting, fleshed out that world as well.
>interesting characters
I wonder if he means the one-dimensional companions( CLOACA ) or the backer self-inserts, neither of which seem to make up for the argument. Even the people who love this game to death are pretty much in accord the avellone's characters are the only ones who fit the cue, and I have my own thoughts on that not being completely true either.
>tons of side-content
Like the half-baked scrapped fortress bit? Yeah, tons.

>b-but there's a problem ITS TOO BALANCED
For someone so well-versed in literature, I find i mildly surprising that this autistic mongoloid has an autistic gripe with the gameplay first and foremost. It's been confirmed for several threads that this guy is a pseudo-intellectual preaching inconsistently about the wrong things to the wrong choir.
>>
>>320239947
That was hilarious to read. Thanks anon.
>>
mrbtongue is just a dying breed of rpg dnd enthusiast faggots

they'll die out soon, don't worry

I can't wait until we can move past this garbage so we can get more good action rpgs like deus ex, system shock 2, demon's souls, etc.
>>
File: 1450042354520.png (122 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
1450042354520.png
122 KB, 400x368
>>320239947
Fucking BTFO
>>
>>320239947
>15 locations you ever visit on the map?
I should correct myself, I don't actually remember how many locations there are on the map, I just assumed there's around ~15, but what I meant was that the "big sprawling story" isn't actually that big by comparison to the games he holds dear to the standard like baldur's gate and arcanum. The level of complexity between the world and the characters inhabiting there wasn't there, like it's not even in the same calibre, if anything it offends me that he actually holds pillars' setting to the same level as arcanum.

There was one location that had massive potential though, the levels below caed nua. But they still somehow managed to fuck that up as well.
>>
>>320240451
I don't know about DeS but DaS is one of his favorite games.
>>
File: 1427831975250.gif (2 MB, 360x241) Image search: [Google]
1427831975250.gif
2 MB, 360x241
>>320239947
>infinity engine fags so starved they'll gobble up anything at this point
>>
>>320239947
>>"pillars was a well-reviewed game"
>So that automatically makes it a fundamentally good game?
Who said that it does? Was it you? Were you trying to find a "logical fallacy" that isn't there? Are you maybe jumping the gun?

>>"and rightly so"
>In case you guys didn't figure it out, let me add this pointless platitude to reinforce the fallacy.
It's not a platitude that reinforces a fallacy, it's a personal judgement of a fact.
>>
>>320241894
>Who said that it does?
He does. That is the reason he mentions in the video.

>Were you trying to find a "logical fallacy" that isn't there?
Except that it is and it's there. Argumentum ad populum.

>Are you maybe jumping the gun?
I don't know, are you incapable of differentiating fact and opinion being passed off as fact?

>it's a personal judgement of a fact.
No it is not? It is a shallow statement meant to quell any discord after the previous statement is out. That is the definition of a platitude.
>>
File: PoE.png (88 KB, 667x356) Image search: [Google]
PoE.png
88 KB, 667x356
>>320242218
>He does. That is the reason he mentions in the video.
Projecting. He stated a fact, and followed it with a judgement.
>Except that it is and it's there. Argumentum ad populum.
No it's not, you still have to prove that it is. Stop trying to find fallacies everywhere.
>I don't know, are you incapable of differentiating fact and opinion being passed off as fact?
Are you? Because it's a fact that PoE is a well reviewed game.
Upon this fact, he presents his judgement: "I think the FACT that PoE is well reviewed is deserved".

Picture related, evidence that PoE is a well reviewed game. Now go ahead and repeat that being well reviewed doesn't imply that the game is good, which is something only you have stated so far.
>>
>>320230151
Is this that paranoid dude who is obsessed with /k/ and screams like a child all the time?
>>
>>320242824
The facts therein stated are arguments towards the game being good. I never questioned the facts being false, which is what you are under the impression by continuing this semantics debate, I have pointed out how he is using these clear cut facts as the main drive behind his arguments, which is that pillars of eternity is good. There is literally no point whatsoever for those facts to exist within his video if not for the sake of strengthening his reason. Nobody starts out a debate by pointing facts to exist in a sort of vacuum, they are brought out for the specific reason to persuade you into believing his argument, which is the fallacy I've listed.

After the platitude he continues to say
>it hit many of the sweet spots as baldur's gate did
After which he continues to list his points to reinforce his argument towards the game being good, which I have rebuked.

I understand that you're trying to bait me but that doesn't invalidate the main point of my post, that the game is fundamentally flawed.
>>
He's 100% right on "too balanced".
One of the most fun things of old RPG's is finding the most broken as fuck overpowered builds and items, but in modern games you can never get "too powerful" and everything is basically balanced and largely equal, it's just kind of lame.
>>
>>320243562
Listen dude, it's very simple.

I quoted you on two lines, not your whole argument. You implied that his initial statement was meant to imply that the game was good BECAUSE it was well reviewed, and this simply isn't true, you haven't and you can't prove it.
This doesn't mean that everything he said is true. It means that you took the wrong meaning from something he said, which is what I quoted you on.

Then you implied that me quoting you on those two lines was meant to disprove your whole statement, and that I'm "arguing semantics"

These are logical fallacies. You committed logical fallacies by trying to find logical fallacies in the statements of others. Learn some good old reading comprehension.
>>
PRAISE THE LORD
R
A
I
S
E

M
O
R
E
>>
>>320244240
I've made it pretty simple too, maybe you should re-read the post again. It's kind of rude that you skipped all of it and went straight to the last sentence.

>patronizing
It's funny that you're talking about comprehension when you literally need something to be directly spelled out for you to understand what's going on.

>You implied that his initial statement was meant to imply that the game was good BECAUSE it was well reviewed, and this simply isn't true
It's fine, you can still defend your overweight literature enthusiast and his videos but let's not beat around the bush about what he meant or didn't mean.
>>
>>320243562

>After the platitude

It wasn't a platitude, you fucking idiot. That isn't what a platitude is.

He was just saying that he thought the reviews the game received were fair. That is literally it.

You seem so convinced of some far-reaching conspiracy on his part on making a "bad" game appear good that you have totally failed to even begin to understand that perhaps he just LIKED THE GAME.
>>
>>320244794
Fine, you can't argue, you can't read and nobody cares about your post either way.

Keep reading too much into things and then act like an insufferable smartass if that's what makes you happy. Keep up the ad hominem and all those other logical fallacies that magically don't apply when you make them.
>>
>>320238371
He made a great review ripping apart the Mass Effect 3 ending several years ago, then followed it up with some pretty good videos on other topics. He then dropped off the face off the Earth for a while.
>>
>>320244998
>A platitude is a trite, meaningless, or prosaic statement, generally directed at quelling social, emotional, or cognitive unease

>"it is a well-reviewed game"
That doesn't make it a good game.
>"and rightly so"
>"according to truth or fact"
Oh well if you put it that way then.

>far reaching conspiracy
>putting bad into quotes
>totally failed to even begin to understand
Literally starved for anything.

>>320245227
>It's funny that you're talking about comprehension when you literally need something to be directly spelled out for you to understand what's going on.
>It's fine, you can still defend your overweight literature enthusiast and his videos but let's not beat around the bush about what he meant or didn't mean.
F O O T B A L L
>>
>>320231147
>defending gamergate
>>
>>320230151
>it's a "I just put on muh 90s rap classics in my car stereo" video
>>
>>320230151
Is that John Cena?
>>
>>320230151
not this fuck again
hes like the definition of nostalgia goggles
>>
>>320230151

Who cares?

He's a pseudo-intellectual fucktard that is only liked by pseudo-intellectual fucktards in training.
>>
>>320238973
He doesn't agree with you on some stuff. Let it go.
>>
>>320230151
Fatadam sessler? Whats he been up to?
>>
File: 1448697782264s.jpg (3 KB, 124x87) Image search: [Google]
1448697782264s.jpg
3 KB, 124x87
>guy makes amazing videos hitting the nail on the head every time
>people get assblasted because he didn't buy into the holy vidya crusade
further proof that dramafags were never interested in videogames in the first place
>>
>>320230151
Anton Maiden is back?
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.