[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me your honest opinion of this game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14
File: 9TFrEgZ.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
9TFrEgZ.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Give me your honest opinion of this game
>>
>>320227668
ugh
>>
Fun, but heavily flawed.
>>
fall out 4 San Antonio was way better - time traveler.
>>
>>320227668

Fallout NV had better graphics than this game.
Fallout 3 had better textures than this game.
>>
>>320227668
Hancock and valentine are 10/10

The rest of the game is meh
>>
A shit
>>
>>320227668
Fun.
I can't really play it for more than an hour or two at a time though, it starts to bore me then, but the game's alright.
Some really stupid design choices though and it's buggy as fuck. Really low production value too.
>>
It shows honest improvement from Bethesda over what they did with 3

But it still is far behind New Vegas
>>
>>320227668

>Boring
>"you can do anything'" mentality from Skyrim
>Illusion of choice has never been this bad
>Easy as fuck

5/10 wouldn't recommend
>>
>>320227808
Valentine loses points for having the one of the same actors from Skyrim play him.

If it was someone new and good, then he'd be a 10/10
>>
It's not the amazing RPG I'd have hoped for after New Vegas, but I had realistic expectations and didn't expect that to happen.

I've about 20 hours in it so far and I like the gunplay and the legendary weapons as well as base building (which is fucking awesome) and weapon modding. Don't care for the story and especially don't care for the dialogue wheel.

Basically I think it's flawed and it's not what I wish it would've been, but like Skyrim, I'm probably gonna enjoy it a ton as a lootin' and house building open world exploration game.
>>
>>320227668
Better than Fo3, but worse than New Vegas
>>
Like all their elder scrolls and fallout games, I can't wait for the mods.

It's good but it's dumbed down as fuck, which sucks. It's to Fallout 3 and New Vegas what Skyrim was to Oblivion.

How many more players do they even need to try and attract at this point? Can't they just refine and indulge for regular players?
>>
Crafting feels pointless. If you're somebody willing to do any and every sidequest and Misc objective possible, you will come across enough randomly spawned good shit that's already been crafted for you.
>>
8.5/10

Improved a hell of a lot over the years, but somehow lacked in major departments that Obsidian did right.
>>
Fun, but it's definitely worse than New Vegas

And still i'm playing this more and more
>>
It's a Bethesda game:One step forward, two steps back.
They'll do something right in one aspect and then fuck up in other areas.
>>
Didn't play/10
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4 KB, 302x237) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4 KB, 302x237
Boring as well. Worst exploration in the series, and since that's the only draw of the game, there's no reason to play it.

FO3 was pretty bad for multiple reasons, but I at least explored the majority of the locations and did all the sidequests - I couldn't be bothered to do the same for 4.
>>
File: 1449287029487.jpg (84 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
1449287029487.jpg
84 KB, 450x577
A game that's the combination of somerecent popular game mechanics.

Mass Effect-style dialogue/voiced protag
Borderlands-esque combat
Shitty survival game building

The writing is horrible
Bethesda shits on the lore
Ayy-lmaos even more canon now
Removed any semblance of an RPG, now it's just a FPS with a create your own character option.
Abysmal, 0/10 dialogue options (did I mention the writing's awful?)
Lootfest/RNG "Legenendary Items"

I could go on, fuck I'm so burnt by this game, I regret buying it so much
>>
File: 1449887724031.jpg (16 KB, 370x191) Image search: [Google]
1449887724031.jpg
16 KB, 370x191
as an fps > good
as a bethesda game > bugged
as a leader in graphics > poor
as an rpg > terrible
as a moral branching quest game > nonexistant
as a roleplaying game > very bad (stuck as a goodytwo shoes
as a romancer > mediocre (fade to black and not much dialog)
as a crafter > decent but lots of issues that can cause rage
as for endgame > nothing really
as for replay value > zero
as for future dlc > probably not enough to save the game
>as for modders > if you already have it treated same as skyrim, getting bored after a while of fiddling with
>>
This game's pretty good. Probably just as good as Tactics if not better. Loads more content than most these days. Easily the worst of the main 4 + new vegas. Dont regret buying.
>>
>>320227668
Performance is constantly disappointing on consoles and falls well short of Pete Hine's "solid 30fps" comment, and some areas still perform very poorly despite patching (anywhere with smoke effects, long view distance). Some areas have absolutely horrible textures and looks like a 360 game - Trinity Tower, while others look spectacular - Sanctuary, for one.

On PC, it's a way better game. I'm seriously disappointed it doesn't have a New Game+ mode, because that's an obvious 40-80hrs more I would have played.

The stories for each location are really interesting the way you can piece together what happened from holotapes, notes, emails, etc. Some of them are really intricate and span multiple locations, so I love that aspect of the game, and it has kept me exploring so far.

Pretty good game but lots of flaws. I would rate it 8/10, but it's sucked me in for 60 pretty enjoyable hours so far, so 9/10
>>
It's a good game.
Just never felt like a fallout game though.
>>
mind numbingly boring.
literally nothing happens ever in the entire game.
Even when you think something is happening its a trick.
fuck this game
>>
File: 1449383715777.gif (2 MB, 846x563) Image search: [Google]
1449383715777.gif
2 MB, 846x563
Stopped playing after about 15 hours. Weight management is as tedious as in all Bethesda games and if I wanted to build a base I'd play minecraft. No challenge at all, just follow the marker to win gameplay in addition to immersion breaking pip boy pause menu, low quality graphics in comparison to other current gen games. Some people are enjoying it, I was expecting something more.
>>
>>320227668
boring as fuck
>>
>>320227668
Waiting for alternate start mod
eat/drink/sleep needs mod
mod to make items scarcer
mod to change the dialogue so that half the options aren't agreeing with them despite your choice, or asking about your stupid son
mod to add non-scripted spawns
unofficial patch mod
balance mod
mod to make companions less retarded

and so on.
>>
played 20 hours or so. incredibly boring and all the guns being left handed really fucks with my autism. waiting for the creation kit.
>>
GOTYAY
>>
It's biggest flaw is that you can't be a bad guy anymore. Can only do not so nice things and the nuke at the end.
>>
I'm still pissed that there's no patch to fix the bug making Underground Undercover unfinishable.
>>
>>320229274
Picking dialogue options is completely pointless too when they all lead down the one linear path. At least in Mass Effect, picking certain options has consequences (sometimes).
>>
It's fun for a little while, but once you start hitting higher levels, everything becomes easy and mundane. Also infinite base nanny quests that you can't opt out of, which makes adding defense to your settlements totally useless, because they don't do jack shit.
>>
File: 1418637218664.jpg (90 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
1418637218664.jpg
90 KB, 500x563
overhyped
unrealistic
Cash Grab
>>
id rather replay operation anchorage then this shit
>>
File: yh.png (209 KB, 425x380) Image search: [Google]
yh.png
209 KB, 425x380
>>320229228
You didn't have to stoop so low anon
>>
>>320227668
It's a pretty good game. Fun, but the story has many holes. Also pretty short honestly. Don't play it on higher difficulties from the beginning, all it does is make enemies into bullet sponges which ruins your experience.

>inb4 git gud
>>
I have 700+ hours in NV and FO4 gets boring after about 60. The issue is that every building or hole in the ground is the exact same, a few enemies with sometimes on legendary, and a chest of loot in the back. Sure every 15th building might actually have some interesting quest or dialog but it's a dredge to get there.

As other anons have said the replay value is almost fucking nothing at all; just like TESV, your character can do everything and anything in a single playthough. I'm about to try a whole new run as melee just to see if anything changes because semi-auto/fully-auto/sniper/energyweapons all feel the same.

P.S. You're almost locked out of base building unless you have at least 6 CHR for the supply lines perk [fuck you].
>>
>>320227668
Put like 200 hours into it already. I like it. The again I have put thousands in each Bethesda game over the years. I love the base building.
>>
>>320227668

Can be fun but pretty bland for a Fallout game and the RPG aspect is overly simplified.

They didn't even adding that many features. Base building is a joke and you're still stuck doing errands for everyone else even to the point where you're in a leadership position in some of the factions.

Dialogue is gone. Optional routes pretty much taken out. Gun play still pretty bad.

It's overwhelmingly mediocre and feels like a lesser rehash with prettier graphics.

I suppose it's hard for Bethesda to put in any effort these days.

I mean look at the Bloody Baron quest line in The Witcher 3. That was a masterpiece and many of their quests were like that. No clear black and white and great dialogue + fleshed out characters. NPCs also react to any change in your quest log even if you didn't initiate it or happen to finish an important quest route already.

I'm done with Bethesda games. They won't miss my money and I won't miss their games.
>>
This game is fun until you beat the story and learn how shit it is, as is the same with most recent Bethesda titles. This game actually has a lot of similarities between it and Skyrim, continuing the trend of simplification as set by the Elder Scrolls titles.

I feel as though there is very little depth in terms of enemy variety, armor variety, quest variation, unique weapon effects, inventory management, character and dialogue choices,
the weapon modification system.

I'm having the most fun just seeing how far we can mod it this early in the game, and it is exciting to see new gameplay changes coming about, but overall even with the GECK it will be hard to make this game something I would consider overall to be a "good" game
>>
>>320227668
Disappointing.

The most fun thing about FO4 is going autism mode and building a cool fort.

I felt the landscape wasn't varied enough. It was either wasteland or more wasteland with ruined cities. I modded it to add a little bit of greenery so I wouldn't be so discouraged from exploring. Radiation does not kill vegetation, and especially not after 200 years.

Look at Chernobyl. It's green as fuck just after a few decades.
>>
So many flaws its not even worth playing. Weapon imbalance, gutted rpg elements, no difficulty, shitty legendaries for loot, half assed settlement system (that you defend from lvl5 raiders), very few unique weapons, very few quests, voiced protag is cringy (I laughed when he is confronting father for the first time), I don't even want to go on. Glad I didn't pay money for it. I hated skyrim so I shouldn't be too surprised desu.

Uninstalled the game and redownloaded the original and just got to the Hub, I am having a good time. Do yourself a favor and do the same.

http://kickasstorrent.proxyindex.in/fallout-1-2-fallouttactics-gog-t7301006.html
>>
>>320227668
one step forward
three steps back
>>
>>320227668
>wheres the fun at?
>>
Small map, a bazillion boring landmarks, shit loot.
>>
>>320227668
It's shit. They killed it in chase of more money from the crowd that hates reading and likes farcry and cod
>>
>>320227668
Got nearly everything right aside from a few dialogue things, and a plot based around your shitty son.

The good:

>VATS is imo, much better than FO3 and NV. The slow motion thing just seems neat to me
>Power Armor seems like actual powered armor, instead of a shitty suit with armor plates on it. The Fusion Core thing is kinda shitty, but the game literally fucking drowns you in them.
>Combat feels much improved as opposed to previous installments

The Bad:
>Dialogue wheel makes you uncertaint of what you'll say, and gives you the illusion of a choice that was never there.
>The story is set around your shitty son, and not even mods will fix that, because nobody is willing to go through and write an entire story, or at least a VA one, to replace what Bethesda should've done right in the first place.

I'm gonna give a 7.5/10, because I like the game itself, but the story was just a fuckup, although the story made more sense than FO3's.
>>
>>320227992
>like the gunplay and the legendary weapons as well as base building
But the legendary weapons are retarded. They couldn't even be bothered with making some unique models, instead it's just RNG and some shitty stat.
So instead of ever finding anything neat just be exploring you just get a Fat Man out of some fly.
As for base building - I'm not much into that, but even my limited experience tells me it's both broken and mostly pointless.
>>
I'm waiting for Obsidian to come in and make the good version in the next couple years or so.
>>
>>320227668
Fun for the wrong reasons.

Gun play and combat customization was surprisingly solid. World in terms of combat is quite active and can lead to fun moments. Vertical map design is present, far more so than previous entries in the franchise. Legendary weapon drops are a welcome addition, providing instant satisfaction upon killing random legendary enemies.

That said, there's not enough RPG in this RPG. Dialogue is pretty shitty. New perk system drops the ball on character progression in many ways. Far too few major quests in comparison to New Vegas. Side quests ranged from mostly fun to mostly mediocre. Random quest generator is a shallow way to add game type. World is largely hostile outside of friendly settlements, of which there are far too few meaningful ones. Cool areas are otherwise left with nothing but raiders and other enemies to kill, such as the combat zone and race track. Resources used to design settlement management and building could have been used elsewhere; function does not serve a purpose other than to draw out settlement content.

There are certainly more things to mention for both sides, but those are the things I could come up with right now. If I were to offer my personal opinion of the game, I'd say it's worth playing. Anyone that thinks Fallout 3 is better in most ways is full of shit and likely doesn't remember just how poorly designed the game was; from the main plot to the world design itself, Fallout 3 simply doesn't hold up to NV or 4.
>>
I give Stealth Archer 5 a solid 8/100
>>
>>320227668
outdated engine with the same bug since Oblivion.
retarded IA
muddy texture
new dialog system is a new step toward casualisation
new power armor gameplay is a good idea
exploration is fun but the world is not really immersive because nobody can't do shit without you (the only competent faction seems to be the Brotherhood)
crafting is nice but the impossibility to craft ammo is stupid.
Settlement building could have been nice if it was more than an embryonic system with rule making no sense for the mortal.
half of the S.P.E.C.I.A.L are useless except for VATS or unlocking perks.
The critical hit system is beyond stupid
relation and interaction with compagnon is better but limited by the dialog system.
Robot race track and the Pit should have been more than an other Raider camp to purge.
Imposing a background on the character was stupid for a Bethesda game.
The fact than you can lead the Institute without actually giving instruction is frustrating.
>>
>>320228619
I think the only fun for modding in this game is the process of creating, anything else is a turn off.
>>
>>320230970
>BoS
>competent

Have you seen any Vertibird NOT crashing from raider bullets?
>>
Random crits mod?
If not, then when?
>>
>>320231547
>Have you seen any Vertibird NOT crashing from raider bullets?
Well at least they launch patrol and attack, even with shitty pilote it more than the other faction who can't shit like the Minutemen who ask you to do all the fucking job.
>>
>>320231862
The AI is equally retarded all over. The BoS just have advantages (that they can't make correct use of anyway).
>>
>>320231709
you can set it yourself if you want

player.setav critchance xx

i have mine set at 20%
>>
>Fun shooting
>Bad roleplaying
>Horrid RPG-elements
>Bad VA and dialogue-options
>Annoying fetch quests
>Songs on the radio get repetitive real quick, i always have to keep foobar2000 open for some music
>Building is decently fun, only problem that 90% of buildable stuff is locked behind millions of perks
>The area of Commonwealth is fun to explore, and Power Armor feels gud to use
I'd give it a 6.9/10
>>
Good game
Bad fallout
>>
>>320227668
Literal trash. Xenoblade is the open world GOTY.
>>
>>320232270
You are a god among men. Thanks.
>>
>>320228418
>That pic

That's fake, right?
>>
File: 1450063804709.png (2 MB, 1242x3261) Image search: [Google]
1450063804709.png
2 MB, 1242x3261
>>320232692
http://archive.is/47pLP
I wish anon
I wish...
>>
>>320228418
I wish I could walk away now.
>>
File: 1449384983201.png (464 KB, 2216x955) Image search: [Google]
1449384983201.png
464 KB, 2216x955
>>320232841
We all do anon
>>
>>320232790
so both fucks are autistic shits got it
>>
>>320232790
Has anyone at Bethesda responded to the abysmal user score from metacritic yet? Has Todd been crying? Has Pete Hines been laughing in his pool of money? I can't find anything.
>>
>>320229126
>le community will make our games for us xDDD
i'd strangle a bitch
>>
File: 1447638969999.jpg (433 KB, 667x863) Image search: [Google]
1447638969999.jpg
433 KB, 667x863
>>320233035
I think Bethesda is just pleased they got that good of a score, despite them removing more than they put in simply because the community blindly defends whatever shit bethesda puts out, no matter how bug ridden or barebones it actually is.
>>
It's okay. Okay isn't enough.
>>
I just want to finish it so i can go back to playing good games. Like the crafting tho

9.8/10
>>
File: chupadita.png (88 KB, 294x258) Image search: [Google]
chupadita.png
88 KB, 294x258
>>320227668

BIG QUEST SPOILER ALERT!

>Get to goodneighborn
>Meet Fahrenheit
>Don't like that bitch, specially because she has the same hairstyle
>Many hours later i start the bobbi quest
>Had no idea what is it about
>Says we must steal Diamond City's storeroom
>Ending up stealing Hanckook's storeroom
>Fahrenheit is there with two more people waiting for us
>Fucking disgusting bobbi lied to me, want to kill her
>But also want to kill Fahrenheit
>Fuck it, will remain with bobbi
>Fight start. Damn chaos
>Kill Farenheit and get her sweet loot
>Bobbi pays me for the job and then goes away
>Well, whatever
>Couple hours later i enter goodneighbor without realizing it really, just wanted to sell some stuff
>Hancock on the entrance
>Holy shit, whatever
>He will pardon me if i hunt down bobby and kill the nasty ghoul and pay 1000 caps
>Low down the payment to 200 due char checks
>Now i can kill bobbi and end with a perfect
>Holy shit.

Love it OP, despite the unfinish mess this game is and how shitty mediocre Bethesda is. My philosophy says "love the game, hate the developer".
>>
It's not the wasteland survival experience that everyone is begging for, it leaves a lot to be desired. It's still an ok game
>>
Everything's been said. Bad RPG, Ok gameplay.

Here's what they can do to improve.

Settlement system:
>make the settlements be able to defend themselves (I'm not building turrets for nothing)
>make the walls count (I don't wanna see raiders spawn in the middle of my shit after I made a castle)
>make the settlers beautify the place (I don't wanna hear Sturges banging his fucking hammer on the walls all the time without effect)
Dialogue:
>Implement NO, at the very least. I don't want maybe, I don't want later, I wanna say MOTHER-GODDAMN-CUNTING-FUCKING-NO.
>kill dialogue wheel
RPG:
>bring back old SPECIAL system, I don't wanna be godlike with only + buffs by 30. Perks and traits with advantages and disadvantages
Story:
>more options for how to manage the factions
>ability to pacify them all
>ability to kill them all
>ability to ally one with the other in exchange for favours/compromises
>write better
>Power Armor can be worn at all times (I agree that the fusion core system is a pretty ok thing, but just stop shitting on canon)
>stop shitting on canon
AI:
>stop with the radiant bullshit, it's annoying
>can kill ANY npc
>just remove preston
>just fucking improve AI (if explanation required, just kill self)
Combat:
>call JE Sawyer
>do what he says
>>
It's an average game.

Gunplay is nice, the open world is pretty solid even if a quarter of it is MUH RADIAYSHUN.

For every good thing it's marred by being a shit RPG, shitty borderlands loot system. Shitty borderlands enemies.

At the same time I held little hope for it so I still enjoy it. It's more fun than Skyrim
>>
Skeltal for modding/10
>>
>>320235389

Not being able to placate them all is probably the only good thing to be honest. The BOS are too zealous to let anyone else rival them. The institute and the railroad also have completely conflicting views. You shouldn't be able to keep them all
>>
>>320236581
In the context of being the God of the Wasteland that can kill everything (think the US vs. Luxemburg or smth), and can have 10+ Charisma, become smth of a leader to a faction, I'd say you should have the option to do that.
I'm not saying it should be easy (although you can't write Bethesda without easy), but it must be possible. Remember how Todd said player freedom means everything, and you can do anything in the game?

can you remember his lies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHUbjEV4ycw
>>
>>320227668
As with every bethesda game, better with mods.

That being said i don't need any mods at all to have fun in New Vegas, so there's a core element or two that fallout 4 is missing, i just cant quite point out what they are

All in all, its definitely a game worth playing, i just dont think its worth the price it's being sold at right now, i think if it was $35 instead of $60 it would be a must have.
>>
>>320227668

Really fun. Some of the best gaming I've had this year.

Personal single player GoTY if not for Wild Hunt.

Full to the fucking brim with Bethesda jank.

Surprising level of attention to detail despite this.

It's a strange mix of obvious flaws/bugs and really unexpectedly brilliant animations/mechanics.
>>
Improved gunplay and lots of different weapon and armor modifications. Everything else is quite bland.

Still better than Fallout 3 though.
>>
File: reminder.jpg (101 KB, 556x420) Image search: [Google]
reminder.jpg
101 KB, 556x420
Reminder that Bethesda now caters to neo/v/
>>
File: wry.png (132 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
wry.png
132 KB, 403x392
>become "GENERAL" of the minutemen
>just run errands
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.