[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that this boss is really badly designed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: orphan of kos.png (373 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
orphan of kos.png
373 KB, 620x350
Can we all agree that this boss is really badly designed?
>>
In what way?

I don't know if I got lucky, but in his second form like 90% of his attacks missed if you just hug his side even when he's flailing around like a retard. He loses a lot of tracking compared to his first form.
>>
File: AAwwwwwwoooooolmao.jpg (69 KB, 680x900) Image search: [Google]
AAwwwwwwoooooolmao.jpg
69 KB, 680x900
>>320222503
>0 Insight

How can a hunter be so blind?
>>
No, why would I agree to such lies?
>>
>>320222503
You're just shit mate.
>>
>>320222503
dodging is effective,
therefore git gud
>>
>>320222503
The orphan is hard as fuck, just spent 3-4 hours trying to kill him with no progress. Fuck this game.
>>
>>320222503
No. Dodge towards him you retard.
>>
>>320222503
No.
Just stop spamming dodge without any forethought or anything. He rampages like a motherfucker. Look and see what he's actually doing and how he'll swing.

Stop being shit. Use bolt paper if you're that much of a fucking baddie.
>>
>>320222503

>0 insight

git gud
>>
>>320223648
First phase is easy to parry with the gun and if you suck at parrying just hitting him 3 or 4 times in a row should stun him for a second allowing you to get a charged attack in or heal. He does a slam attack that takes him a second or two to recover from and you can backstab him here for a visceral. When he does his yo-yo swing with the placenta dodge towards him and he should miss you. His combo attack just requires timing to dodge which shouldn't take long to figure out. In his second phase he's much more aggressive but a lot of his attacks will miss you if you stay close to him and when he does his lightning attack run to the entrance and you'll be safe.
>>
>>320224469
>run to the entrance
all you fucking retards that stay on the shore deserve to die.

Fight him out in the water.
>>
>>320224945
If anything fighting in the water makes the fight easier since it's level.
>>
>>320224469
Thanks for the explanation man. You didn't have to but holy shit i'm a happy you shared it. May the good blood guide you.
>>
This is just my opinion, but some of the bosses in the DLC are just too difficult to play "perfect" - like most of the bosses in Bloodborne I could pretty easily take zero damage from (without overlevelling, and apart from Ebrietas) but the bosses in the DLC all have some BS attack that makes you take damage. IMO they have less tells although I haven't replayed the DLC after I beat it once.

Question is - is this good or bad design?
>>
File: 1378065029631.png (88 KB, 280x358) Image search: [Google]
1378065029631.png
88 KB, 280x358
>TFW NG+3
>Stopped playing in the summer to not burn myself out
>All my stats are 40 or above
>MFW All of the enemies and bosses are damage sponges that usually kill me in 2-3 hits
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-YTP-Vklak

Watch and cry
>>
how so?
just because it's weak doesn't mean it's bad
>>
>>320222503
I dunno what this is, but the head looks really tiny, so I agree.
>>
>>320228673
Everyone creams their pants about Ludwig but to me he just seems like Mandatory Damage: The Boss. From even put the guy who drop 5 blood vials outside his door because they knew you'd put a dent in your reserves.
>>
File: paddington.gif (2 MB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
paddington.gif
2 MB, 500x337
>>320228673
No, it's cheap for the sake of "difficulty" to appeal the retard fanboys who would go apeshit if it was too easy
It got to the point of seeing fucking people joining my game to fight
Laurence is the most pathetic lazy shit this hack team has ever put out
>>
>>320231384
>It got to the point of seeing fucking people joining my game to fight
the bosses die in two fucking hits
>>
>>320231384
honestly, I just paid for a rehashed vicar amelia but with a "fire" skin.
>>
>>320222503
Parry his first phase, you can parry his second phase two or just dodge towards him and walk forward when he jumps up
>>
>>320231550
The final form is what really fucking gets me, it spews so much fucking fire around itself that it becomes a bullshit buffer zone to prevent attacks
>>
>>320222503

Will it make you feel better about being shit if people you dont know say it is due to game design? If so ill say it bro, i got yo' back
>>
File: 1367698479677.jpg (92 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1367698479677.jpg
92 KB, 435x435
This DLC is fucking shit
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.