[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realized I could hook up my PC to my TV and I've been going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1419195846162.gif (1022 KB, 324x356) Image search: [Google]
1419195846162.gif
1022 KB, 324x356
Realized I could hook up my PC to my TV and I've been going crazy trying to find local co-op games to play with friends. So far I've found Gauntlet, aaaaand that's about it.

Why is splitscreen/local-coop dead?
>>
It's not dead, you're just fucking retarded or hold high standards for games.

I hope you do realize that just the act of sitting down with friends can make even a bad game enjoyable.
>>
>>320215107
Not really man. That's legitimately the only game I can find. Unless I emulate old n64 games or something so and play old shooters and fighting games that's all I can think of. Don't be a dickbag.
>>
>>320214934
does hell divers have couch co op? If so that would be a great game for it
>>
File: coop games.gif (3 MB, 1205x822) Image search: [Google]
coop games.gif
3 MB, 1205x822
>>320215246
This is just one of the main big PC game sites. Theres also an extensive list of co-op games here

http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php

The fact of the matter is that you DID NOT do any research and you're just a fucking tard.
>>
drill milky punch
>>
>>320215107
Nah its dead. Pretty much edf only few Nintendo games. Even racing like f1 isn't couch anymore
>>
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 has coop splitscreen for campaign and zombies.
Trine and Magicka come to mind. Racing games like Flatout 2 and Grid2. Dungeon Defenders 1 also had splitscreen.
Some games like Left4Dead 2 or Borderlands 2 can also be forced to work in split-screen via tools:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2943265
Else you can always emulate roughly 20 years of local coop / split-screen console games.
>>
Risk of Rain
Arcade fighters
>>
>>320215246
>That's legitimately the only game I can find
you just proved him right. you're fucking retarded.
>>
>emulate NSMB Wii
>you're welcome
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>320216061
>Call of Duty Black Ops

Cut the jokes man

If I wanted to laugh at a horrible piece of shit, I would go to the bathroom and take a dump
>>
I don't understand the point you guys are trying to make and why so defensive about this dying game mode. Yes there are plenty to emulate, but the fact is aside from really bad indie games split screen games are dwindling away year by year.
>>
>>320216976
That's because these devices are more and more common in households and you don't need to share a TV anymore when you can play online.
>>
>>320217076
Well the problem in most cases now is friends come over, we have a few drinks. Want to play Torchlight or League, or whatever and we all have to go home in order to do that. Instead of sitting down and playing more games like Time Splitters or Gauntlet which are dying. So we watch Netflix or take turns playing Dark Souls, which just isn't the same.
>>
>>320217428
That's more of a case of your friends having shitty taste. There are tons of co-op games out there, and plenty more being released.
>>
>>320214934
Helldivers
>>
>>320214934
You're retarded. How could you just NOW realize you could do that?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.