[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: image%3A8737.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image%3A8737.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1200
Thoughts?
>>
>>320207325
As always, it's shit.
>>
>>320207507
But why is it shit?
>>
>>320207507
>/v/: the post

>>320207325
one of my favourites of the year

it was a really stupid move to realese it the same day as fallout 4
>>
>>320207325
First one was shit, so I haven't even bothered in trying this one

Also, who the fuck gave the idea of releasing it alongside Fallout 4 and making it Xbox One exclusive?
>>
>>320207325
Haven't played it. I'm assuming it's Uncharted: Feminism Version 2, though.

So, fun, but lacking depth is a safe bet.
>>
>>320207928
Release date was probably Squeenix being retarded.

MS should have slapped them at the mere suggestion though.

Otherwise, pretty good game. Not GOTY, but definitely up there considering it fixed a lot of the original's flaws.

PC release is within the next 3 months.
>>
>>320207507
wow, such an opinion there
>>
>>320207928
^this

why would anyone on /v/ give a shit about this game, which is the sequel to cinematic garbage trying to copy uncharted, which was cinematic garbage trying to copy old tomb raider. And it's xbox exclusive, most people here don't give a shit about the xbox. And it came out the same day as the most overhyped game of the forever, Fallout 4.
>>
>>320208164
>pc release is within the next 3 months

This is false. It'll be late next year at least.

Also didn't the game only sell like 300k copies in a month? Sounds like the timed exclusivity killed the franchise.
>>
>>320208164
Could you list a few of the flaws from the first?
I'm not arguing that there weren't any, just curious.
>>
It's actually fun. There's still the big action set pieces, but actual gameplay is more utilized this time around. The visuals are really nice, and while the Tombs are optional, they're well done and worth going through.
>>
File: 8EUE5WN.jpg (447 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
8EUE5WN.jpg
447 KB, 1920x1200
I dont understand why we need women in games or gaming...
>>
My thoughts are i'm kind of looking forward to playing it when it actually gets fully released.

First one was a whatever game, which was expected, it wasn't bad though, was actually kind of fun in some aspects. I enjoyed the combat and the way it played. This one seems mostly the same just better in general. I feel like having some actual cool environments and a nice variety of colors will be more enjoyable than the one grey island, although i do personally enjoy a grey, misty, and rainy atmosphere.

It should be kind of fun at least, i'm not expecting a great or even a good game necessarily, just something fun to go through. Worst case scenario i'll get to just enjoy looking at Lara in different outfits and in different situations, plenty of nice ass shots and whatnot.
>>
>>320208463
Anon, they already announced the PC version was out Q1 2016.

PS4 version is the one delayed to late next year.

>>320208469
>>320208549 beat me to it
>>
>>320208960
>he thinks Q1 2016 is a final release date

you must be new here
>>
>>320207325
Microsoft BTFO
>>
File: 1449436468024.jpg (23 KB, 257x210) Image search: [Google]
1449436468024.jpg
23 KB, 257x210
>>320208463
>Sounds like the timed exclusivity killed the franchise

This

>hey let's revive a dead franchise by releasing it exclusively on the least popular console in the market!

Seriously what the fuck
>>
>>320209172
Not to mention on the exact same day as one of the most hyped games of the year, and there was hardly any marketing at all. I mean I completely forget this was even coming until I started seeing reviews go up.
>>
>>320208549
>Rise of the Tomb Raider
>the Tombs are optional

welp
>>
>>320208354
>copy old tomb raider
except the only thing it copied was treasure hunting which has been done well before Tomb raider.

No one has ever truly copied a tomb raider game unfortunately.
>>
>>320208549
>>320208960

The tombs were not the only problem with the Tomb Raider reboot. The "actual gameplay" was terrible outside of the mediocre gun/bowplay, so there being more of it is not necessarily an improvement, just moving sideways.
>>
>>320209172
To be fair I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider (2013) was pretty successful in reviving the franchise, it's just that they took a major step back with the sequel.
>>
File: 1450068741407.png (88 KB, 253x224) Image search: [Google]
1450068741407.png
88 KB, 253x224
>>320208549
>Tombs are optional
>still

why is it called tomb raider?
>>
>>320207647
bad writing, bad voice actress, lara's face look weird because they're trying to make her like jlawrence in hope to fool hunger games audience to buy the game, lara's signature weapons and design still not there, lara has a nigger boyfriend, QTE end boss, lara's characterization is weak.

it's a bad "interactive fiction", hiding behind lara croft brand.
>>
>>320209558
Because its a long standing franchise thats guaranteed to sell decently, unless of course you limit it the the least popular console, release it the same day as the biggest game of the year, and hardly market the game at all. But of course they couldn't possibly be that stupid, right?
>>
people saw it was more of the same shit as the first one. no one wants a realistic whiny girl being the Tomb Raider. we want that bad ass chick who don't give a shit about your feelings.
>>
>>320209368
There were some tv ads, but yeah, they were cheap as fuck with the marketing.

I don't know if they were trying to avoid a marketing budget like the reboot's to avoid unrealistic expectations or what, but it's a safe assumption that MS footed some part of the bill at least.

>>320209492
Both the gunplay/bowplay are noticeably improved. Less bowplay overall.
>>
>>320207325
You're asking a board where no one owns an Xbone and that probably thought the previous game was bad. Why bother?
>>
>>320209558
No idea. The open area/hub areas are pretty damn good. It's just not quite like the old games. If they did a game that was mostly tombs, it'd be fucking amazing. But, for what it is, I'm not disappointed. I already knew what it was going to be like going in, and it's a good action/adventure game. The story isn't a high point, but it's passible.
>>
>>320209909
>If they did a game that was mostly tombs, it'd be fucking amazing

tthats how I feel every time I see the graphics.

the first one was ok for what it was but I just didn't care for more of the same, and thats ALL due to her character. if it had been Lara we all knew and loved just with a different genre I'd be much more excited about the series. though the corridor shooting in the reboot isn't nearly as well done as uncharted.
>>
>>320207325
Does this shit happen again in this one?

>Lara kills someone
>"omg omg omg I can't do this anymore"
>goes on a murdering spree
>>
>>320207325
Timed exclusive murdering one of the only good reboots in video game history.

Probably will play it when it comes out, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Certainly won't be paying full price like I would have if it was available at release.

The devs deserve to go out of business for this one. Absolutely atrocious business move, even before you consider they tied themselves to such an unpopular console.
>>
It's not a bad game by any means, It just tries to hard to be uncharted and is just not as good. It needs to be more its own thing. The stealth bow gameplay and semi-open worlds are the only thing it has over uncharted. Everything else is objectively worse.
>>
>>320210158
The gunplay is better in the new one. I enjoyed the reboot, but this one is definitely more fun. If you can rent it, or pirate it, it's worth the few days you can get out of the campaign. Only reason to buy it would be to 100% it.

I got it with a 1tb bundle on black Friday, so it was free to me.
>>
>>320210357
>Certainly won't be paying full price like I would have if it was available at release.
why not?
>>
>>320210501
Because it's not a new release anymore. We're getting the sloppy seconds.
>>
>>320210484
lol this is exactly what I did with the first one.

I pirated on PC, thought it was just ok , then MS gave it free for 360. nothing I'd really care to buy or even pirate at this point (unless its just as easy to do as the last one) since I don't like the characters.
>>
>>320209761
>>320210298

I honestly enjoyed the game a lot but this was fucking boggling me. In every cutscene Lara is a mopey fuck sadsack yet immediately afterwards she is surviving 100-ft falls, grabbing ledges with her pinkie finger, and mowing down thousands of armed mercenaries.
>>
File: 1426242612906.jpg (22 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1426242612906.jpg
22 KB, 620x349
>>320209632
>lara has a nigger boyfriend
Wait, fucking seriously?
>>
>>320210570
its new to you. though I'm sure they'll add some new shit to it like they usually do with timed exclusives.
>>
>>320210465
I will never understand why people even say Uncharted is even good, I recently played through 1-3 and holy shit I've never played something so fucking predictable in my entire life.
>Shoot guys
>Climb up thing
>Thing falls apart
>Autoplatforming
>QTE shit
>HAHA FUNNY QUIP LE INDIANO JONEY
>Repeat for 8 hours
>>
>>320209632
>QTE end boss

Again? Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>320210570
This
>>
>>320207325
Boring generic action movie. You just watch Laura falling and running through collapsing environments. Only entertaining if you're a drooling retard who likes loud noises and explosions but can't handle gameplay more complex than QTEs.
>>
I would rather play a classic confident Lara over this "what a real woman would act like lost in the mountains" Lara.

Who are they making this game for exactly? New Lara's personality is literally uncertain female.
>>
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (101 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
101 KB, 1920x1080
New Laura reminds me of Judy Jetson that is forced to be a grown up and luckily survives her adventures, but all she really wants to do is go home and shop.
>>
>>320210797
He's shitposting, as is to be expected by autists. He's literally just a minor side character with no romantic context at all. he's also a island ape, not a nigger.
>>
>>320210873
Nah, he was talking about the first one.
>>
>>320210872
its the likable characters and it does summer action movie set pieces right.
>>
Is it just as mediocre as the first game?
>>
>>320211227
>Modern Naughty Dog
>Likeable characters
Sure if you like Joss Whedon HAHA SO CLEVER writing.
>>
>>320211263
I just saw gameplay vids, but it looks to be the same.
>>
Not on PC, don't give a shit.
>>
>>320211340
ironically I don't like his writing at all but I love the uncharted series. kind of hoping the vita version gets a port to ps4.
>>
>>320211061
>>320211118
This.

No one wants to play as whiny ass Lara. We want to play as strong and confident Lara.

She literally whines at every chance she gets. Reminds me of Samus in Other M.
>>
File: peepur.jpg (6 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
peepur.jpg
6 KB, 250x164
>Oh look a thinly veiled "shitpost about things I don't like" thread
>>
>>320211371
Agreed.
>>
>>320211370
Nothing of value was lost I guess. I was really pumped when the first one began, but it immediately showed how shallow it is. At one point I was just playing to see it through to the end.
>>
>>320211803
>At one point I was just playing to see it through to the end.
I did the same. I liked the supernatural stuff at the end but they never really went as deep into it as I would have liked.
>>
>>320207325
My hopes
>focus on survival
>actually having to eat, rest, drink
>maintain your gear
>fix your wounds
>at least an animation or two when sitting at the camp

My expectations
>tomb raider 2013 2.0
>more shit to explore
>more tombs
>more everything

Guess what came true? I mean it's good, really good even at times but not what i had hoped for.
>>
>>320207325
Generic dogshit even Tomb Raider fans don't like.

The only people still trying to talk this up are Xbone fanboys and that won't last much longer.
>>
File: 1449625524106.png (547 KB, 374x667) Image search: [Google]
1449625524106.png
547 KB, 374x667
>>320212320
My only hopes for the first one were New Game+ and Lara's double pistols

>boring ass final boss qte
>lara pulls out double pistols
>"aww shit double pistols unlocked" I said to myself
>game ends
>double pistols nowhere to be seen
>ok have fun with this post endgame where there's literally nothing to do

Please tell me those are present in this one
>>
>>320212831
Nope, it's literally just more of the same. Just like in the previous one you can unlock better gear, skills and weapons after the game is over but there is nothing to use it on. You can replay chapters with all your gear and the first DLC hits in two weeks but that's it.
>>
>>320213269
Did they at least get rid of the shit multiplayer?
>>
>>320213447
Yes
>>
Will this game translate well to mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>320213447
They did but replaced it with a shitty TCG system. You can unlock different variations of ingame skills by either buying booster packs or spending some of the ingame cash in the shop. Also some of the outfits and weapons are retailer specific so good luck with that.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.