[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this on steam during the sale for $15 and just now started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
Just got this on steam during the sale for $15 and just now started playing. So this game is pretty good, why did you all pretend it was complete shit when it came out?
And I mean when it came out on consoles. Obviously the pc version has some problems.
>>
Liking a game is subjective. That's why OP.
>>
at it's best, it's a mediocre mobile game

it doesn't really compare to any decent console game
>>
>>320205984
>it's a mediocre mobile game
???
Are you confused with agito?
>>
>>320207205
Aren't they the same game?
>>
>>320207816
No this is a PSP game that got an HD release.
Before the HD release Type 0 was never localized, and was praised highly by japan and importfags.
And then when it came out everyone claimed it was shit.
>>
>>320205832

Keep playing. You'll realize why people think it's shit.

It might take you awhile but you'll definitely get there.
>>
>>320205984
What did you expect from a game that came out on the psp.

>>320207816
Agito was a mobile only game that was japan exclusive.
>>
>>320205832
I remember people saying they liked it a lot when it hit PS4. I 100%ed it and found it pretty damn fun and unique
>>
>>320205832
Game didn't have mouse look, seriously how hard is it to put that shit in?
>>
Maybe it's not the quality of the game you were misled on, but rather the quality of your opinion?
>>
>>320207943

>Praised highly by import fags
>When it came out everyone claimed it was shit.

This happens almost every game that gets a localization after being out for a long time.

Import fags hype up everything they play.
>>
>No memorable characters
>plot is simple, generic and cliche, yet I still don't understand what the fuck is going on
>combat is essentially button mashing
>level design sucks because it's a PSP game

it sucks
>>
Dude, if you haven't learned that /v/ calls everything shit without even playing it by now, you're a list cause.
>>
>>320208285
>plot is simple, generic and cliche, yet I still don't understand what the fuck is going on
Sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>320205832

I cant take a game seriously if its context is silly and this game's context is off the wall retarded.
>>
>>320208485

Look man, it's not a great game. You don't have to be offended.

It wasn't terrible. There have surely been worse Final Fantasy games. But this one was certainly lacking, and that comes as no surprise
>>
>>320205832
I just played the patched PSP version
I loved it
>>
>>320208773
Reason why you played patched PSP over the HD remake? I'm wondering if i should have done the same
>>
File: 1418513098207.jpg (25 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
1418513098207.jpg
25 KB, 228x221
>importers try to hype this up as an the best FF in years
>it actually gets translated
>it's garbage
Why are importfags the worst kind of people?
>>
There was one chapter in this game where I was having fun. It took a long time for me to get there, but I thoroughly enjoyed one chapter and thought it was picking up, and the rest of the game would be good.

Immediately after finishing that chapter the game crashed into a mountain of retardation I would be hard pressed to find an equal to.
>>
>>320209130
Because it came out first.
>>
>>320208285
I'm not even gonna touch that statement, but jesus christ sometimes statements just confound you and leave you dumbfounded that someone could write them and not think to change them.
>>
The gameplay could've been better.
For the story, 13 character is too fucking much.
The characters mostly have generic anime tropes.
The ending would've been really good, if only i care about them
>>
File: 1331837839336.png (237 KB, 346x344) Image search: [Google]
1331837839336.png
237 KB, 346x344
Moglin! Moglin-a-lin!
>>
>>320208213
>playing anything other than FPS and RTS with mouse + keyboard
Literally playing the game wrong.
>>
>>320205832
I love it too, op

I put 60 hours into it when I didn't even understand the language. I guess other people say the story sucks but I don't care. The game is just too much fun to play.
>>
The game is not shit, but the official translation IS shit.
The translation was done cheaply by outsourcing to 8-4 who decided to add Tumblr Ze/Hir/Xir etc pronouns to the game. The dubbing is also fucking abysmal compared to say Crisis Core, FF12 or FF13.
It's blatantly obvious this was localized very cheaply.
You're much better off emulating the fantranslated PSP version which also IS IN FUCKING 60 FPS UNLIKE THIS SHITTY PORT.
IT ALSO DOESN'T HAVE BLOOM THAT WILL MAKE YOUR EYES BLEED UNLIKE THIS PORT
>>
File: Kefka-ffvi-ios-battle.png (9 KB, 127x128) Image search: [Google]
Kefka-ffvi-ios-battle.png
9 KB, 127x128
>>320209130
1. Consistent art style
They raped the art style in HD version by ONLY updating main character models while everything else still uses PSP models and textures so they stick out like a sore thumb.
To add insult to injury, they removed the atmospheric color grading each location had and replaced it with WHITE BLOOM. EVERYTHING IS COVERED IN WHITE BLOOM, EVEN THE FLOORS ARE ALMOST AS WHITE AS SNOW DUE TO THE BLOOM.

2. The shitty translation in HD version, see >>320213179

3. Multiplayer
They cut it out entirely out of HD version. You can actually play the MP with PPSSPP (PSP emulator) as long as you've got friends.

4. 60 FPS
HD version is locked at 30 FPS, fantranslated PSP version has a 60 FPS patch (ONLY FOR EMULATORS, REAL PSP WILL SHIT ITSELF)

If you go the PSP route, make sure to google the v2 of the fantranslated version. v2 fixed some leftover minor bugs and bad line breaks and the like and the 60 FPS patch is only for v2
>>
>>320205832

It's a decent game, I feel like the hyping up of it is what really made it disappointing for some people.

The combat system is interesting, but the depth of that as well as the mission based structure of the game are both very limited by the PSP origins of the title, and the gameplay can easily end up feeling tedious because there isn't enough variety in the level/encounter design considering the length of the game.

Also, from what I hear a significant amount of the fleshing out of the story happens with content reserved for New Game+, so it doesn't really leave people with a good first impression.
>>
>>320205832
It was the best PSP game.
Cleared shit out of it.
Had nothing to do when HD came out so skipped completely.

Plus one if the best Sound Tracks ever...
>>
couldn't get into it. way too simplistic.
>>
Reminder that Type 0, as an offshoot game, did the FF13 universe better than FF13
>>
File: 1418197417817.gif (2 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1418197417817.gif
2 MB, 400x226
>>320216406
>did the FF13 universe better than FF13

But it is not the same universe
>>
More normies had access to it once it wasn't in Japanese, and most normies dont like jrpgs.

I thought it was pretty good. There was a lack of focus in the story but its a better game than 13 by quite a bit.

Plus, nine.
>>
>>320216516
>Not the same universe
>Fabula Novas Crystallis
>http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fabula_Nova_Crystallis:_Final_Fantasy
Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>320205832

To be fair, the fantranslation put more effort into the game than Squeenix did, porting it to the PC, PS4 and Xbone.

I still enjoyed the game because of the fact that even though the game is simple to play, all the 14 characters feel very unique and different to play.

That being said, I'd go for the fantranslation if you want to play this. Oddly enough it looks better and theres no motion blur.
>>
>>320209191

I wished they kept the whole "at war" aspect till the very end of the game instead of going full Anime at the last chapter, going all power of friendship and stuff. There wasn't a reason for them to do that at all.
>>
>>320216795
>>320216516
And in case you need an "official" source
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/
>>
>>320217041
Ayy, you should've expected it since it's a fabula nova chrysalis game. The whole theme is gods trying to control humans. Type-0 was just really fucking subtle about it. Fal'cie girl had been fooling everyone into fighting pointless wars for the duration of millions of timelines or some shit just so she could do...something or other, fuck I forget just what was going on. Also don't be fooled by the power of friendship shit at the end, class 0 didn't accomplish shit. They didn't accomplish shit in any timeline.

>>320209191
I really enjoyed that entire mission near the beginning when you're behind enemy lines in byakko territory. The pacing of this game is just fucking terrible most of the time though.
>>
>>320208285
That means the story was complex, you dolt
>>
I liked it. It isn't mindblowing, but it is quite enjoyable. I felt they missed an opportunity to create the cadets stuff more in the vein of Persona, because it felt that's what it was going for, but the end result is halfhearted and rather cringeworthy.

It holds up much better than most portable game ports aside from environmental design. It feels more like a Final Fantasy from the early 2000s than it does a PSP game.
>>
>>320208239
They don't actually know Japanese, so they don't understand what is going on the screen is a shitty story.
>>
>>320208285
>combat is essentially button mashing
What makes you think this in a game where you can die in like 2 hits and kill most enemies in one with proper timing? The game is the exact opposite of button mashing, it's making a single button press with perfect timing in a number of different situations, which is largely why it sucks. It would seriously be a better game if they had made it a good button masher rather than simulating what it must feel like to catch knives after they've been thrown at you.
>>
i thought this was a good game when i played the translated version last year
the HD release is lazy and the official dub is terrible

Who were your main 3? for me it was Seven Eight and Rem, the thought of punching dragons to death was hilarious
>>
>>320216857
You can turn off motion blur and dof in the HD version, but you can't turn off the Syndicate reboot tier bloom and can't restore the original color grading or character models.
Seriously PSP version is the definitive one.
>>
File: Cater FFt0.png (294 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cater FFt0.png
294 KB, 640x360
>>320208285
>No memorable characters
It has plenty of waifus though.
>>
>>320205832
Because people have shit taste
Cinque best girl
>>
>>320207943
99% of importers overrate games, even when they are complete shit, because they want to justify paying twice as much as usual for a shitty game.
>>
>>320208213
Not much since they patched it in
>>
>>320210520
No kupo, no -lin kupo
>>
File: Cater.png (535 KB, 550x1360) Image search: [Google]
Cater.png
535 KB, 550x1360
>>320219816
King, Cater, Trey. I definitely feel like the ranged fighters had the most potential, although Cater was complete shit in some cases, basically whenever you're having a hard time landing a kill-sight with her. Rem and Queen are probably stronger overall though. My actual favorite characters were Jack, Cinque, and Sice. Jack and Cinque are fun to play, Sice is cute, her moveset is kind of shit though. It certainly is really strong in some situations though. Seven, Eight, and Nine are all pretty cool. Fuck Machina.
>>
>>320215678
Yeah the main theme was sensational
I know it's cliche as fuck but that intro with spinning camera around class zero while they ready their weapons with thr latin chanting was so fucking hype
>when 9 and 9 meet 9, the depths of reason shall stir
>when the seal of creation is broken, a voice like thunder shall sound, and thou shalt know
>we have arrived
>>
>>320216795
>>320217075
Same mythos different interpretations
FFXIII for example had l'cie as magic wielders, type 0 has l'cie as super powerful magic wielders
>>
>>320220101
Did you see the alternate ending?
>>
>>320221248
Naw. I was too butthurt to keep playing after the regular ending.
>>
>>320221327
This, I'm still mad about it, haven't done NG+ yet and I completed it months ago.
>>
>>320221327
>>320221417
Welcome to the happy ending
https://youtu.be/AacZPS5lLOQ
except for nine
>>
>>320205832
Bought it only for XV demo. Still haven't finished Type-0, soaked ovee 20 hours in the demo
>>
>>320221052
Again, wrong. I didnt say same planet, just same universe. They even mention, in game how Etro is still stuck in the World of the Dead. Hell, the gods Pulse and Lindzei are even mentioned multiple times. Arecia is a fal'cie of Pulse
>>
>>320205832
It's not bad. It's definitely one of the better FF games to come out recently, but that's not really saying much. It kind of feels like a more in-depth version of Crisis Core in some ways.
>>
>>320222937
I'd say the combat is much more pleasant than crisis core honestly, and the story never falls to Genesis levels of retarded. Probably the main reasons why /jp/ loved it back when the fan translation was released.
>>
>>320222715
But what I said is true
Of course the deities would have the same namr
>>
>>320223340
And of course they would exist in the same universe
>>
Theres no reason for this game outside of the FFXV demo
>>
File: asdasdadasd.jpg (2 MB, 1918x3232) Image search: [Google]
asdasdadasd.jpg
2 MB, 1918x3232
did some research, i guess if you force AA through gpu it looks much better

im tempted to replay this again as I never finished
>>
Regardless of how you feel it's getting a sequel
>>
>>320224891
How the fuck can the pic with AA have worse jaggies
>>
>>320224891
ppsspp looks best desu sempai
>>
>>320225570
>low rez textures
>low quality character model
>jaggies everywhere
>area is smaller
No
Best pic is first pic
>>
>>320225891
ppsspp doesn't have fucked up lighting, the girl doesn't look all blurry and shit
also the area is smaller because he's not even looking in the same direction, did you even play the game?
>>
>>320224891
Why does PPSSPP version look best? Like, what the fuck?
>>
>>320226138
I didn't play the original just the HD version
He's looking towards the classroom? Why?
And the poly models are much better in the HD version
>>
>>320226527
Better models don't make up for that nasty lighting, and they look out of place since no one but the main characters actually got upgraded models. The lighting ruins the whole aesthetic if you ask me.

>he's looking towards the classroom? why?
No idea. Either someone other than the picture creator took the 3rd pic, or the creator was trying to make the psp version look worse than it is.
>>
>>320208239
>>When it came out everyone claimed it was shit.

Did they really? I remember people were saying it was great because XIII was shit.
>>
sorry for the shit comparison guys, i havent played the psp version in a year and a half and that was my only save not ~20 missions ahead. I kept crashing 5 seconds after loading so I tried matching the HD screenshots the best I could
i dont think I actually got gpu AA working properly because lolamd drivers, but turning off AA made the image less blurry and actually playable

these voices though, jesus christ are they phoned in or what
>>
File: 1448040381505.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1448040381505.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
This is my GOTY and you cant change my opinion
>>
File: 305.jpg (41 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
305.jpg
41 KB, 512x384
>>320207963
I got there after 10 minutes of gameplay. I just could not fucking take it anymore. The shitty visuals, the camera fucking stuttering, the shit combat, the fucking everything. Oh man I should have listened.
>>
>>320208239
>Tales of Zestiria gets shat on by importfags and Japs
>It comes out in the west and everyone praises it as a second coming of Jesus because it's on P C and it's so kawaii anime

It... just.... works......?
>>
>>320205832
>And I mean when it came out on consoles
Well, IDK about others, but I gave up the game because the camera seemed a little too fast for comfort, and the motion blur was a huge headache. I have never actually received a headache from a game or movie before, and I generally don't get headaches period. It was quite amazing that this game managed to pull off something that is damn near impossible for me. I heard they fixed the motion blur, but that was after I traded the game back in after waiting too long without even a word of acknowledgement from Squenix that it was even a problem.

From the little I did play though, it felt like Valkyria Chronicles 2 all over again. Same focus on school life that I didn't find too intriguing, and areas felt a bit underwhelming due to PSP limitations. I can see why people might like it, and it would probably turn out real well if it went in the opposite direction of Valkyria Chronicles (aka a sequel developed like a console game, and a focus on something like a militia or small military, instead of a school).
>>
Why does the game force you to spend enough gil to buy 60 hookers just to see Emina in a bikini?
>>
>>320229596
Because Emina has big titties
>>
>>320229549
>turn out real well if it went in the opposite direction of Valkyria Chronicles
>turn out real well if they made a sequel that went in the opposite direction of Valkyria Chronicles
I don't know why my brain decided to skip a whole part of the sentence that I had planned to type.
>>
>>320229975
Well the Ace design they showed for the sequel doesn't look like it would fit in a school. You'd expect a character like that to be involved in some huge conflict between tribes in an outdoorsy setting.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.