[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10
File: final-cover-art.jpg (481 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
final-cover-art.jpg
481 KB, 1920x1080
what went wrong?!
>>
>>320205421
Content drought at launch, everything else is fine
forge is tomorrow and the sustain plan is working well.

It more has to do with mcc's reputation and the install base on the xbox one and half of the people who jumped ship to bungies game.
>>
its big daddy (CoD) came out
>>
>>320205421
>>
>>320205421
The series finished.
And then they tried to squeeze two more games out.
>>
>>320208237
This, doomed from the start. Had two friends by a limited edition copy, finish it in a day, say it "didn't feel like a real Halo" and never played again. Yet they said they'd buy the next one.
>>
File: halo and aim assist.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
halo and aim assist.gif
1 MB, 480x360
It was marketed as a halo game but wasn't a rehash.

It's still not very good, but fans don't care about quality. How do you think halo 2 and 3 sold so well?
>>
I'm Onyx (highest rank) in Team Slayer and Free-For-All.

It's a fun game with a few glaring problems.

> Radar is half of what it used to be, makes the game very twitch-based

>Grenade spam still annoying, especially when the guy who is 4-20 keeps spamming grenades everywhere

>no mlg playlist

>no completely random team slayer (only play against people queueing alone)

>spawns are god awful in free for all, constantly spawning in the middle of a fight with 8 people running around small maps

>no serious rader-disabled playlist

>no option to have old radar back

>radar doesnt always work, randomly bugs out in some spots

Those are the big things for me personally.
>>
>>320208751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>320209086
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5X1V5Q3LB8
>>
>>320208751
>REDS in charge of opinions

halo is fun
>>
>>320209086
>>320209530
>w-we always liked halo uwu
>>
>>320209595
i always liked halo

/v/ did not

>/v/ is one person
>>
>>320205421

Pretty much the entirety of the campaign's plot, along with launching next to no modes at launch. The gameplay is actually fucking solid, which surprises me greatly. The issue is that there's so little to actually experience with said gameplay due to the content either not being there, or sucking pretty bad.
>>
File: dead bird.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
dead bird.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
>>320209530
>you're wrong because halo is fun

Two weapon limit, inb4
>Made choosing the right weapon a tactical choice, and made power weapon control more difficult
Not really, as the game ALWAYS gave you the right weapon you needed right before you needed it. Also managing different ammo adds depth.

Damage regeneration, inb4
>In order to maintain the pace of the game and not make players rely on health pack spawns, shields were a step forward in ensuring people would not rely on healthpacks constantly.
So you admit it made the game easier for people because they didn't have to be as smart and strategic with their healthpacks?

CnC Renegade had no regenerating health(except mammoth tanks but that was very very small and it was made just as a nod(no pun intended). 1 health every 2 sec out of like 1500 I think, been a while though.) and the gameplay was still quick, fun, and kept pace. Only time the pace was broken was if you got lost in the single player or ran out of ammo in the multiplayer(which VERY RARELY happens as you have quite a bit of ammo).

Also battlefield 1942, RTCW:ET both great games aswell with no health regen(unless you're a medic, but you still use medkits with charges)

Slow as shit movement, inb4
>You're a super soldier in power armor. It's kinda slow yeah
That is kind of a bullshit excuse, they move slower than all of the characters in tf2(except spinning weapon heavy). Sure spartans are in armor, but I've seen countless "doomguy vs spartan" and "spess muhreen vs spartan" threads all stating that spartans can move quite fast. And even if they couldn't, having them move this slow hurts the gameplay and makes it shit.

Aim-assist
>it's built for a controller, and controllers are not number one in instant precision.
So don't put the game on consoles?

Also this exists in the PC version of halo, why is there aim assist there too when countless other FPS games on PC don't have it?

It's simple, really. Halo is mediocre at best, and is arguably shit.
>>
>>320209914
>literally having a copypasta to shitpost your opinion

REDS pls go
>>
>>320205421
The campaign.

Its multiplayer is goty though
>>
>>320210016
Can I take his place? :3
>>
>>320205421
> Unfinished
> Shit story
> Designs (armor, weapons, etc) are unappealing
> Prometheans are bland/boring
> Campaign missions were forgetable and were straight forward/ barely any interesting scenarios
> No character development
> Overall, lots of untapped potential
> Multiplayer gets stale after awhile, hopefully that will change with the Forge Update

It's a big step up from 4 but I don't think it even comes close to the original series. I'm hoping they add new game modes with the Forge update so we can make some sick custom games.
>>
you only get to play as master chief for 3 missions
>>
File: halofag on 4chan.jpg (88 KB, 625x434) Image search: [Google]
halofag on 4chan.jpg
88 KB, 625x434
>>320210016
Nice counter argument.

>say halo is shit
>"NUUUU ITS NOT"
>type out reasons why its shit
>"LOL UR A TRIPFAG"
>repeat for 10 threads
>decide to make it into a text document to save time
Also I edit it a little bit every time I post it, because sometimes, someone actually puts FUCKING EFFORT into their rebuttals.

Go back to reddit-

Oh wait, your home is offline. I guess you don't have a hugbox to run off to so you are trying to turn /v/ into your own little echo chamber? Because admit it, I'm more tolerant to halo than people on neogaf. I've even defended it before, though it is a rare occurrence.
>>
Probably going to pick up an Xbone primarily for Halo. Is there CTF with a Blood Gulch/Valhalla clone?
>>
>>320210810
Nope!
>>
>>320210660
I don't see why people complain about that. We KNEW we weren't going to be playing MC.
>>
>finally make all levels great without a single dud
>shit story
mp is very addicting, wish more people would talk in game chat though.
>>
>>320210764
lol stfu pham
>>
>>320211092
>we know its shit so why complain about it being shit?
I think master chief is about as boring of a character as you can get, just look at his name, but he is a big part of why people like the game. Not being able to play as him much is braindead retarded on 343's part and well worth complaining about.

I mean, are we not allowed to complain about shitty things if we know they're shitty things?

Fuck off.
>>
They removed the scenes where Kelly crushes Vale's head between her thighs, and the Scene where locke grabs chief's helmet and then chief says "that belongs to me, you fucking nigger"
>>
>>320211384
But people were acting all legitimately surprised. It's like if you play CoD and then you're like "this game is terrible it has guns in it." Well what did you fucking expect?
>>
>>320210764
>Because admit it, I'm more tolerant to halo than people on neogaf

I knew you were a shitter
>>
>>320210764
You have been in hundreds of halo threads and gotten tons of replies to the copypasta at this point

You don't genuinely want to hear anyone's opinion, you just want to shitpost

You don't even deliver ecchi
>>
>>320210810
on btb there's a similar map to the satellite map from 3
>>
>>320211732
He never delivers ecchi. He's a sham.
>>
File: justin bailey.jpg (188 KB, 600x790) Image search: [Google]
justin bailey.jpg
188 KB, 600x790
>>320211606
How does that make me a shitter?

It's true.

Then again, I suppose thats stating the obvious. People on neogaf are pretty... douchey
>>320211732
I've gotten maybe three legitimate replies to the copypasta, all of which somewhat agreed with it.
>You don't even deliver ecchi
THATS A FUCKING LIE
>>
>>320208921
something tells me you don't like the radar
>>
Who's playing right now ?
>>
>>320210764
Slow movement but fairly weak weapons for the most part.
Halo is a team based fighter, you don't want to be taking 1v2s as getting ganged up on is worse in halo then any other shooter.

If you like your shooters to allow you to be able to buttfuck 1v4 other teams once you get the hang of the game mechanically, then you shouldn't play halo. Halo is more about smart cover usage and chokepoint control than anything else. Fair to mention that the better player will win in a gun fight 9/10 assuming same weapons.

Halo 5 is garbage tho
>>
Halo 4
>>
>>320212351
Alright then I'll reply
>>320209914
Two weapon limit is ideal for multiplayer, it makes players come up with strategies and routes, to plan which way they are going to go to get the weapon, and how to use them once they have them

Damage regen is again, ideal for multiplayer

I won't disagree with your points but it IS a matter of personal preference, you saying it's objectively worse is retarded

In my opinion it allowed good players to play even better. So they can face off 3v1 and win, and then NOT be picked off immediately by some casual scrub on their way to get a health pack

Slow movement isn't an issue in halo 1 VERY few games had sprinting back then and most of the maps had teleporters and vehicles

Halo2 had the fastest movement of the original triilogy and was well balanced in relation to map size, weapon speed, sightlines, and spawns

Halo 3 was slower and suffered slightly for it, but again, the maps are DESIGNED to work around this speed and have you rely on teamwork, strategy, and skill

All the ones after that have sprint so I won't walk about them (they're shit anyways)

Aim assist also exists on the larger majority of PC games so I'm not sure what your point is there

Halo 1 and 2 are on PC anyways and have toggleable aim assist like most PC games
>>
We got old, fell on reach

I belong to reach. My body, my armour - all burned and turned to glass. Everything except my dank memes.

Games less fun when you're getting laid and have to work
>>
>>320213527
>Two weapon limit is ideal for multiplayer
Its a small complaint, I'll admit, but it makes the single player mode shit.
>Damage regen is again, ideal for multiplayer - So they can face off 3v1 and win
My average is about a 5 for one in multiplayer in games that don't have health regen.
>Slow movement isn't an issue in halo 1 VERY few games had sprinting back then and most of the maps had teleporters and vehicles
The moving around the map isn't the problem, the problem is being a easy fucking target for people cause you're a slow ass. Picture related.

Couple that with aim assist and it is literally baby's first fps.

Its not a map issue, its a easy target issue.
>Aim assist also exists on the larger majority of PC games so I'm not sure what your point is there
Lol? No? Sure, halo on PC has it, which is fucking stupid, but the majority of PC games don't. Unless you're talking about the really really REALLY shit ones.
>Halo 1 and 2 are on PC anyways and have toggleable aim assist like most PC games
So you have good people playing without it, and you have bad people playing with it who are managing to go toe to toe with said good people.

How is that not fucking retarded?(I never played halo on PC, I admit, but most of my problems is with the console version, which I did play).
>>
>>320215164
>other games 5v1
Sure on games with lower killtimes

>being slow target

Don't go to vulnerable areas

>shit players with aim assist as good as good players without aim assist

No

All your problems seem to stem from being bad at the game

If you want to play faster paced games that's fine, but halo is slower and more methodical. Requires map knowledge and strategy

You don't have to enter every halo thread and complain about how you dislike it, we all know that
>>
File: 1449714427148.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1449714427148.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>>320209914
these are some well thought out criticisms
>>
File: Hotwire inside the powreplant.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Hotwire inside the powreplant.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>320215642
>Sure on games with lower killtimes
Someone has never held the bank vault in RTCW:ET
>Don't go to vulnerable areas
So just avoid fighting? I thought you said this game had high killtimes? Also avoiding fighting isn't fun(usually, inflitrating an enemy base to fuck it up is always fun, but there aren't bases in halo)
>All your problems seem to stem from being bad at the game
THERE IT IS!

And now we're back to where we started.
>halo is shit
>"NUUU ITS NOT"
>heres reasons
>"Counter reasons!"
>those reasons don't hold much water, heres why
>"YOU'RE JUST BAD AT THE GAME!"
>>
File: anonymous proxy.jpg (16 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
anonymous proxy.jpg
16 KB, 480x270
>>320216075
>there aren't bases in halo
I've been waiting years for this moment. Finally, undeniable proof that REDS has in fact, never played a Halo game in his life.
>>
>>320215642
>Literally resorting to "you hate it because you're trash"
This is why REDS posts in these threads in the first place. People like you go about telling anyone who doesn't like halo that they don't like halo because they're shit at it. You run around bashing other people and then bitch when someone gives you a taste of your own medicine.

If people like you didn't post in halo threads, people like REDS wouldn't post in them either. Talk shit get hit.
>>
>>320216350
I meant renegade-esqe bases, dumb shit.

I'll be honest, I play the game for about 2 weeks to properly give it a chance, then drop it because I like a challenge. This is common knowledge. If theres something I missed that turns halo into CnC renegade, let me know.

I did NOT mean things like TF2 where you capture the flag/stand on points, I meant bases as actual bases.
>>
>>320216075
hey reds, where do you download music from?
>>
>>320216350
>thinking there are people who never played a halo game
Its tetris of the modern age.
>>
File: 1437366825866.jpg (15 KB, 256x261) Image search: [Google]
1437366825866.jpg
15 KB, 256x261
FUCK SHITPOSTING

TALK ABOUT HOW CUSTOM GAMES ARE SAVED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YVXFmnAmtA
>>
>>320217180
>8 bit intro cause such a gamer
Even if this was a video for Deathwing, the only game I'm looking forward to, I would have still exited out of it within the first 5 seconds.
>>
>>320217364
I hope you do realise nobody gives a fuck what you say, you're shouting into the void and the only people responding are in your head.
>>
>>320217445
Then get out of my head, charles.
>>
>>320217793
Then get out of my head, charles.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.