[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth playing now that Nintendo turned off the online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: dq_ix_esrb_ds.jpg (492 KB, 1000x897) Image search: [Google]
dq_ix_esrb_ds.jpg
492 KB, 1000x897
Is this game worth playing now that Nintendo turned off the online stuff?
>>
>>320198514
Yes, tough you do miss out on some endgame quests and cameo costume. If you play on emulator or use a gameshark or save editor you can still access everything.
>>
It is pretty good and a great at starting point for the series of it would be your first.
>>
Unless you can unlock all the content then no.
>>
Yes. The online stuff only really impacted the postgame, which sucked anyway.
>>
>>320198514
It's a fun little game with a straightforward but compelling story. Also lots of self-contained subplots.
>>
File: 1405236441508.jpg (67 KB, 393x293) Image search: [Google]
1405236441508.jpg
67 KB, 393x293
If you emulate it, you can use a save editor to add in the online stuff.
>>
>tfw I was a retard and didn't realize I could create partners for myself so I grinded for days to solo Wight Knight
>>
Worst Dragon Quest besides 1.
Some people will swear that it's a good game, Those people are wrong.It's the epitome of subway gaming culture in japan
>>
File: 1387316112284.png (71 KB, 554x436) Image search: [Google]
1387316112284.png
71 KB, 554x436
>>320199926

I'm glad you recognize the greatness of 2
>>
>>320199926
1 and 9 are the only Dragon Quest games I enjoyed.
>>
>>320198514

I thought it was great, played mostly offline because DS online was like using an ouija board to summon video games
>>
It's good, but you're missing out on quite a bit of content. Hell, even with online, there's be no way for majority of non-Japanese players would get majority of the legacy outfits.

IX is in DIRE need of a remake to fix these issues.
>>
Eh 9's the only Dragon Quest related game I've never liked
>>
>>320199926
>Worst Dragon Quest besides 1.
>1 is the purest, most distilled JRPG ever made
nice shit taste anon
>>
what content do you miss?
>>
It's a nice RPG you can fuck around in with different set ups.
>>
>>320198514
the "online" shit is on the cart, you just need a code to unlock it if you're running an emulator or flash cart (which you should because your phone can run this game if you're not a pleb). the online stuff is mostly endgame as far as i remember.
>>
>>320201242
Mostly grottoes.
>>
>>320198514
buy an ar and just unlock the dlc yourself, everything is in the game

and yeas its the best dragon quest
>>
File: de.jpg (116 KB, 662x437) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
116 KB, 662x437
>>320201242

some costumes
>>
I liked 9 is was really light hearted party customization was fun and the dialogue was so stupidly punny which was pretty great.
>>
>>320201242
the post game story, a shit ton of grottos and post game content
>>
What's the most broken party set up? (Without duplicates)
>>
>>320198514
Get an NDS adapter from Amazon and use the links here
http://www.yabd.org/apps/dq9/
to get the other stuff on cart.
>>
>>320201996
Gladiator, paladin, priest, sage?

With duplicates it's pretty much a mix of gladiator (highest dps), paladins (tank) and priests (full heal revive).
>>
What is the best boss in the game? Ragin' Contagin' gets my vote.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.