[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started playing Bloodborne and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: 1449795831540.jpg (26 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1449795831540.jpg
26 KB, 313x254
>this fucking invasion system
Why did they have to fuck it up in this title?

Why?
>>
Explain how it works? Ive only played ds2 ds1
>>
>>320198027
Basically it works like this.
>you use your invasion item
>this summons an enemy into another players world
>if this enemy is killed you cannot Invade that player
>this enemy spawns in exaclty in the same spot every time and is extremely easy to find due to its loud as fuck bell ringing.
>>
>>320198589
It takes like under a minute for her to summon you in. And if they're busy or in a big area then you'll get invasions. Do it in the Nightmare Frontier like every other fag.
>>
I've got like 20 hours in and still haven't been invaded or touched any of the multiplayer options because they are always terrible.
>>
>>320199840
My point is an invasion should be an Oh Fuck moment not a oh let me kill this weak enemy.and get back to my day. I just want to rape and.pillage anon.
>>
>>320200535
But co-op is great and you can now run through the whole level with a buddy instead of just the boss room like in DaS1.
>>
>>320199840
Besides hosts have an extreme advantage of having the ability to summon others to assist them they don't need another security blanket in the bell ringer maidens.
>>
>playing online
>>
File: f7e8e1db72[1].jpg (27 KB, 238x217) Image search: [Google]
f7e8e1db72[1].jpg
27 KB, 238x217
>Can invade people only if the bell maiden spawns
>When spawning in other worlds your HP is shortened by 30%( I think it was 30%, might be 35%)
>You can freely use your healing items, but so do invaders and they don't reset after your death, thus, you have to buy more every time you run out of them
>No cool covenants about invasions at a certain place or interesting lore behind them
Why is bloodborne's online so shit?
They're doing the same crap to Dark Souls III
Why do they feel like they can fuck up a game you love

WHY /v/?
>>
>>320197129

While I like Bloodborne, I've noticed a lot of "issues":

>guns are complete piss and only good as a replacement to the shield parry, unless you dump shittons into bloodtinge to make them deal damage
>while there's a good variety of weapons, there's not a shitton of them like in DaS
>No pyromancy in a game that involves roasting monsters
>armor selection is mostly irrelevant outside of a select few bosses and PvP situations
>no shields except for a hunk of wood which doesn't even block shit
>combat is basically "everyone has a Dark Wood Grain ring"
>everything is absurdly aggressive and fast when compared to DaS
>enemies seemingly have eyes in the backs of their heads; can no longer just tip toe around and backstab everything silently
>>
>>320202718
>enemies seemingly have eyes in the backs of their heads; can no longer just tip toe around and backstab everything silently
What are you talking about, I do this every time and it works, unless you're using the bowblade, it hits twice with charged R2 so it tends to fuck up and make enemies look at you before the second hit.
>>
>>320202924

I've had considerable difficulty sneaking up on enemies. DaS had enemy vision in a rather narrow cone directly in front of them, while Bloodborne appears to give enemies a much larger field of vision. Also, the fact that you have to whack them with a charge attack to even backstab instead of simply getting behind them and pressing R1 is obnoxious. It was fun to simply spin circles around enemies and backstab them nonstop in DaS, which obviously you can't do anymore.
>>
>>320202718
no shield is because you are supposed to be aggressive, keeping in theme with being a hunter. same with the enemies being hyper aggressive and fast compared to DaS. you shouldn't play it like another souls game, seeing as it is designed completely around a different philosophy
>>
>>320201924
But.. you could do the whole level in Dark Souls?
People just always put their sign at the end of the level, because they're lazy.
>>
>>320202627
because souls PvP was always trash and you're a faggot.

as long as the PvE is still good, the games are fine.
>>
>>320203819

>souls PvP
>trash

It's almost as if you didn't use nothing but full Havel's with a massive shield, Black Flame, and dung.
>>
>>320204029
thanks for proving me right
>>
File: 1446333347813.png (835 KB, 1191x669) Image search: [Google]
1446333347813.png
835 KB, 1191x669
>>320204029
>full Havel's
Havel's for fags with no style.
>>
>>320204146
>>320205343

I'm sorry. I can't hear you through my granite armor and shield. It might help if you didnt have shit all over you either.
>>
>>320197129
The game is named after a abortion, don't understand what you don't get after the title.
>>
>>320202627
>No cool covenants about invasions at a certain place or interesting lore behind them
what about those guys in the dracula castle
>>
>>320202718
So you just want the game to be Dark Souls.

Gotcha you fag.
>>
>>320202718
>>320203265
You absolutely can sneak up behind a lot of enemies.

Some of them you can't. You might notice that those enemies actually DO have eyes on the backs of their heads. Like, you can't sneak up on the snake-headed guys in the Forbidden Woods because lots of their snake heads are looking behind them. Or the eye-brain singing ladies in the Nightmare areas, because their whole heads are covered in eyes.

The rest of your critiques are things I consider to be good things. There's a good variety of weapons, as you say, and I'm fine with there not being a shit ton because there are very few repeats. Guns don't do great damage unless you spec for it because they wanted EVERYONE to use guns--they're a core part of the gameplay--without turning it into a third-person shooter. No shields isn't a problem, same for no armor (armor actually does make a difference for elemental and status defenses).

It's not Dark Souls but I'm 100% fine with that. I'll play Dark Souls if I want Dark Souls, y'know?
>>
>playing any dark souls game online
>>
>>320205995
>Bloodborne

It's named after the idea that it's a blood-borne illness. Do you not know what "borne" means? It's not the same word as "born."
>>
>>320206571
oh okay so period blood?
>>
File: 1405474506678.jpg (182 KB, 2222x2297) Image search: [Google]
1405474506678.jpg
182 KB, 2222x2297
>mfw I dont bow when Im invade.

Get the fuck out of my game you faggot. At least I give you a couple seconds to finish your stupid emote before I shove my Whirligig Saw up your ass you shitter.
>>
>fuck it up
It was never unfucked in the first place.
>>
AWAY
W
A
Y
>>
File: 1450147392063.jpg (164 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450147392063.jpg
164 KB, 800x600
>>320206571
>Spend game collecting umbilical cords
>mergo's wet nurse
>baby cries every single boss fight they can possibly be in
>if you deny gehrman and kill the true final boss you turn into essentially a fetus
>eat umbilical cords to even get the true ending
>>
>>320206661
You daft cunt, bloodborne means the illness is spread through any ingestion of blood. Be it transfusion, drinking and what not.
>>
Invasion has been nerfed and nerfed as games go on because babies kept complaining about getting their shit pushed in by others.
>>
>>320197129
Whoever the hell is in charge of invasions in from software has been incredibly butthurt about it.
>Demon souls
health pen but nullified by ring and can heal (also a dmg boost ring when invading)
>Dark souls
No healing estus. Can't invade lower than level.
>Dark souls 2
No unlimited invasions! NONE and buying the item increases your SM by a lot.
>Bloodborne
Can invade below level and unlimited invading, but absolutely keked by the bell system! FUCK! Dark souls 2 might have the same exact problem!
>it's just a beta!
WELL WHO'S LAUGHING NOW?
>>
>>320206817
Yes, it's a double-meaning. There's a blood-borne illness spread through the cursed "healing blood" that turns people into beasts, and there's also a theme of childbirth.

No abortions, though. Miscarriage in the Pthumerian backstory, but not abortion.
>>
>>320207090
Dark Souls 3 looks like it'll be just like Bloodborne with invasions, which is going to suck for invaders. That's assuming it works like it does in the network test, of course.
>>
At least the Nightmare has a good invasion system.
>>
>>320207090
I mean, I can kind of see the point of what they did in Demon's and Dark 1. They wanted to give invaders some sort of disadvantage, because they can use the enemies in the level to their advantage (and are often invading people who aren't prepared for a PvP fight).

They went way too far in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne by just making it really hard to ever actually be invaded. I hope they just go back to Dark Souls 1's system in Dark Souls 3, but I doubt it after the network test.

Oh, well.
>>
>>320207090
one would think they would just take it out by now, but I'm sure a lot of people would bitch
>>
File: 1303901049939.jpg (15 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
1303901049939.jpg
15 KB, 275x183
>>320202627

I really don't care about all that. I do enjoy fighting off invaders, but it's far from being the main element. Also, I'm glad they're moving away from the ridiculous impractical covenants from DaS and DaS2, invasions and multiplayer were not the main element of DeS and I'm glad they went back to the roots of the series. Grinding invasions to get 500 undead dicks is Korean MMO-level grinding shit and I'm glad they dropped that shit hard for Bloodborne.
>>
File: german.jpg (6 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
german.jpg
6 KB, 189x267
Gerhman is confirmed one of us.

If you look at the books with a monocular, you will see a lot of the books are titled "how to talk with fair maidens" "how to date with fair ladies"
>>
File: 1444382641237.png (55 KB, 195x148) Image search: [Google]
1444382641237.png
55 KB, 195x148
>Nightmare of Mensis
>Never been invaded up until this point
>Run all the way up to bell lady
>Game never says someone has invaded
>Kill bell lady
>turn around to leave
>XxdiknippleticklerxX runs at me with two spiders aggro'd
>throw out a light attack in confusion
>hit spiders
>"You Died"
>>
>tfw bloodborne plat on 3 different accounts
>>
>>320207090
It's amazing how they keep trying to fix it but somehow fuck up in a completely new way. It's impressive, in a way.
>>
>>320207090
DaS2 works on PS4 with save reloading
>>
>>320206235
theres literally no incentive other than leaderboards.

within like, the first or second token you present to Annalise, youve already gotten everything there is to get out of that deal, unless you REALLY want to be #1 in the covenant registry
>>
>>320206465
you can't sneak up on those tick enemies either.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.