[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I don't play games too much so I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: header.jpg (84 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
84 KB, 460x215
Hey /v/, I don't play games too much so I was wondering if Witcher 3 any good? I never played any of the other Witcher games.
>>
witcher 3 is PERFECT for a casual non-gaming piece of shit like yourself, just mash light attack and win.
>>
>>320192751
Thanks
>>
>>320192202
Read the books the games are based on.
Play the other two games.
THEN play TW3.

It's entirely possible to just go in from nothing and play the game, but you are robbing yourself of some considerable context and insight into characters and events, not to mention both the books and games are good.
>>
>>320193572
>do this outrageously retarded amount of work just to play a fucking game.

Don't listen to this idiot OP. Just go right ahead and play it. The game does a good job at explaining shit and there is an in-game compendium talking about the characters.
>>
>>320193989
>don't experience the story and characters as they naturally emerge
>playing video games and reading novels is hard work
>instead stop playing the game when a character comes up you don't know and go through the in-game glossary so you know who the character is
>>
>>320194341
>READ THESE GORILION BOOKS AND PLAY THESE 2 SHITTY GAMES WITH HORRIBLE GAMEPLAY THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO KILL YOURSELF BEFORE PLAYING THIS GAME THAT DOES A GREAT JOB AT INTRODUCING YOU TO THE WORLD HURRR

Go away witcherdrone, nobody takes you guys seriously
>>
>>320194341
no videogame should have the prequisite of reading a set of books to fully enjoy it.
>>
>>320192202
If you like not having fun, cockney accents (done somewhat well but still annoying) and combat which some have compared to Dark Souls but is in fact nothing like Dark Souls then feel free to give it a go. You should pick up Her Story as well for an added bonus.
>>
>>320194558
*prerequisite
>>
>I don't play games too much

It's perfect then. Witcher 3 is barely a game. The game aspect is actually the most arduous part of it.

You're better off with The Walking Dead or pretty much anything Telltale.
>>
>>320194506
>the two previous games by pretty much the same people will make you want to kill yourself
>but you should play the third because the graphics are pretty or whatever

>>320194558
Getting into any series of games anywhere but at the first game is likewise retarded and shouldn't be done.

Also the books pre-date the games by fucking decades and for the primary market (Polish and Central European market, where the books are apparently really big) knowing what's going on in them is not an issue at all, the same way you are just expected to know what's going on in a Star Wars game based on the films even with minimal story.
For those of us who don't, we'd be better served by first enjoying the source material and then moving onto the games.
>>
>>320192202
Of course. It's GOTY after all.
>>
The combat is ass, OP, but if you just want a world to explore with nice art direction and a nice story then TW3 is a good bet.
>>
>>320192202
>asking /v/ if you should play any game
>>
>>320192202
TW3 is the one good Witcher game.
The others are too janky.
>>320195370
lolwut? Fuck off, idiot.
>>
>>320193572
I was reading the books but I got bored during Geralt's trek to Nilfgaard.

2 is alright.

Play 1 if you want the full story
>>
>>320192202
just play 3 and have fun. skip all the other stuff that''s going to bore the fuck out of you and make you lose interest completely.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.