[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm watchin' original Mobile Suit Gundam, because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: RX-78-2_Gundam_illustration.gif (59 KB, 385x550) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-2_Gundam_illustration.gif
59 KB, 385x550
So, I'm watchin' original Mobile Suit Gundam, because of reasons. I was wondering if there is any worthwhile vidya about Gundam..

I remember playing Federation vs. Zeon for PS2 back in the days, tried to emulate it some time ago, but because AMD, didn't get it runnin over 5 fps. Anything else worth my time?
>>
No.

Everything that isn't Battle Assault is shit
>>
>>320192140

If you have the patience for it Gihren's Greed: Threat of Axis is quite an experience.
>>
Oh god, I just checked the wikipage about Gundam games, it's huge. Like a fucking Pokemon..
>>
File: 1278640242400.jpg (9 KB, 252x159) Image search: [Google]
1278640242400.jpg
9 KB, 252x159
>new Gundam game getting announced tonight
>apparently its Gundam Breaker 3
>>
>>320192554
I just checked battle assault. If I want to play mechastyled tekken, I will play OMF. Looks like shit, sorry bro.
>>
>>320192993
but GB is good senpai
>>
File: l_566a7f1e97d6d[1].jpg (36 KB, 640x220) Image search: [Google]
l_566a7f1e97d6d[1].jpg
36 KB, 640x220
>>320192993
AND SPEAK OF THE DEVIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PJluPR1EQw
>>
Encounters in space and zeonic front are both good.
>>
>>320192140
There is a SNES fightan game, Endless Duel I think it was. Ignore the fact that it's based on >Wing, it's actually pretty good.
>>
>>320192140
ATTENTION ALL NON-GUNDAM-FAGS!

If you'd like to get into Gundam but don't know where to start, here's a vidya list of possible starting points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-Fbb6aBVS0
>>
>>320192140
if you've got friends to play with, Gundam VS Extreme Full Boost is the way to go

that shit is dynamite
>>
>>320192140
Gundam Battle Assault 2 for the PS1 is good.
>>
>>320192140
The answer is Gundam Extreme VS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS0EQUFzlUc
>>
Eh, maybe I'm just a meganormie, but somehow that dragonball-aspect of Full Boost is off putting. Plus Battle Assault is a fightan game, so, not for me.

So, there isn't a game like Federation vs. Zeon but like 2.0?
>>
>>320192140
MS Saga was pretty good.

It has it's own storyline, so you don't need in depth knowledge of Gundam to enjoy it, and you can make a team of three Mobile Suits to take into battle.
>>
>>320195148
You do know that Extreme VS is the natural evolution of FvsZ.

And even Extreme Vs is super slow, thats why the next game after MaxiBoost On is going to ramp up the speed.
>>
File: 1353621194048.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1353621194048.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
Dynasty Warriors Gundam
>>
Zeonic Front is nice.
Journey to Jaburo is ok once you get used to the shit controls.
Crossfire is ok for a very rushed PS3 launch title
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Rebirth is the best of the DWG games if you like DW.
>>
Any Gundam game where you can Shining Finger your enemies is a good one.
>>
>>320192720

Gundam is absolutely monstrous as a franchise. I really can't think of anything else that compares that started as an anime. There's literally hundreds if not thousands of games, manga, anime, models, music and other assorted merchandise items.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gundam_Manga_and_Novels

This is just a list of first party manga and novels alone.
>>
battle universe
gundam warriors 2
gundam exvs full boost
gundam breaker 2
>>
>>320192140
The RX-78 is so beautiful in its simplicity.
It's a shame that the MK-II looks like a piece of shit.
>>
File: Stheshia Awar.jpg (76 KB, 725x899) Image search: [Google]
Stheshia Awar.jpg
76 KB, 725x899
>>320194367

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psxQ0oZOmAU

Yeah Gihren's Greed recommendation guy here, I'd second this as well, Gundam VS solid, they were even running off stage tournaments for it at Evo a couple years ago. At this point I'd almost argue it's Gundam's base adaptation game. It's starting to get into Call of Duty syndrome though where they do yearly updates with the new Gundams that came out for that calendar year and it's also getting kind of ridiculous in terms of the final bosses who are now a series of pissed off bitchy moe girls wearing the crest of Eldoran and voiced by the chick that did Kirino in Oreimo for maximum bitchiness but the gameplay is still incredibly tight and fucking hard if playing against the CPU.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.